Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 98205 times)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #1290 on: 21 September 2023, 13:55:14 »
All I can say on those super-large mobile cities is that they are likely a set of 9 linked structure components (5x6-6x6 in size) that collectively cover a ground area about the size of single mapsheet. They are track-based, and may appear in a number of strange configurations.

The three I have on file are known as Metro-Central (AutoBoP [Metroplex]), Tri-Central Command (DemoCon [Trypticon]), and Titanianopilis (Democon [Metrotitan]).

I never statted them, in order to maintain my own sanity, but I imagine the outer structures would generally feature weapon emplacements, while the central structure contains command centers and repair/supply facilities.

- Herb

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1291 on: 21 September 2023, 13:57:19 »
Thanks for letting us know, basic idea how big the things were is all we could hope for.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1292 on: 21 September 2023, 14:28:45 »
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Recyclon

Gonna leave this here...

Open conception...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1293 on: 21 September 2023, 15:31:13 »
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Recyclon
Gonna leave this here...
Open conception...

In what way? Hard for me to make a determination without visuals.

- Herb

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1294 on: 21 September 2023, 15:40:16 »
In what way? Hard for me to make a determination without visuals.

- Herb

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Junkion_(species)

" Do you speak TV? "

They and the Recyclons are both junk hoarders. One for Scrap and the other for Energon...

Their names and tools of their trade are listed, just not their chassis/colour schemes... Other than rusty and off...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1295 on: 21 September 2023, 15:44:31 »
Funny, I'm finishing up a Wreck-gar as it is.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1296 on: 21 September 2023, 15:49:22 »
Funny, I'm finishing up a Wreck-gar as it is.

There's your
without visuals
que Herb.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1297 on: 21 September 2023, 15:57:55 »
The Recylons are fan created?  I think what Herb was asking was what do they actually look like.  Checking the links, there isn't any art for them, and there isn't any link to the Junkions stating they derived from them either.  Just a battle or two.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1298 on: 21 September 2023, 16:36:13 »
The Recylons are fan created?  I think what Herb was asking was what do they actually look like.  Checking the links, there isn't any art for them, and there isn't any link to the Junkions stating they derived from them either.  Just a battle or two.

Exactly! I don't know anything more than a name and what they did. If you want me to make an AutoMech series based on them, I'd need to know what they turn into and what they look like. Otherwise, it's all guesswork.

- Herb

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1299 on: 21 September 2023, 20:22:44 »
How about one of these??
Looks like a normal sized guy.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Alpha_Trion_(G1)
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1300 on: 21 September 2023, 20:56:10 »
How about one of these??
Looks like a normal sized guy.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Alpha_Trion_(G1)

Hm. Same molds as Scourge in several cases, so he'd be a Sweeper-C on Syberia.

- Herb

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1301 on: 21 September 2023, 21:28:41 »
Hm. Same molds as Scourge in several cases, so he'd be a Sweeper-C on Syberia.

- Herb

Ok a Scourge. Works for me, and you wrote the book, so I'll take it.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1302 on: 21 September 2023, 22:28:26 »
A couple more questions.  :grin:

Are there any AutoMechs that face the opposite way they were traveling when converting from vehicle to mech mode, like Blue Streak? If so, would that be negative quirk?

Would AutoMechs with "built in" trailers like Motormaster, follow the rules for vehicles towing trailers?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1303 on: 21 September 2023, 22:59:23 »
@Herb...

"Hahahaha—[whir]
—hahahahaha—[whir]
—–hahahahaha—[whir]
——hahahahahaha—[whir]
——–hahahahahaha!"

Sound familiar? Should be your Syberian pseudo...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1304 on: 28 September 2023, 16:01:46 »
https://www.cbr.com/transformers-dinobot-slug-name-change-offensive/

Poor Slag... I mean Slug.

No offense meant to you Brits...

Killing my childhood...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1305 on: 28 September 2023, 16:33:44 »
https://www.cbr.com/transformers-dinobot-slug-name-change-offensive/

Poor Slag... I mean Slug.

No offense meant to you Brits...

Killing my childhood...

Yeah, that came about years ago. It's also funny in that "slag" was used as a Cybertronian curse-word at least during the Beast Wars era, so, I mean, how would that play for the Brits?

- Herb

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1306 on: 28 September 2023, 16:59:45 »
And I am never giving up my two Megatron Lugers, pre Orange tip.

It's not just that, but now he's officially a tank.

No Tanks...

Next you're gonna tell me that Starscream is really the G. I. Joe Sky striker!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1307 on: 28 September 2023, 17:16:18 »
I prefer a tank Megatron because then he has agency of his own, rather than needing one of his lackeys to aim and shoot him. Same reason I embraced tank-form Shockwave.

And Starscream is whatever kind of fighter he wants to be, but the F-15 will always be my favorite incarnation. ;)

- Herb

And I am never giving up my two Megatron Lugers, pre Orange tip.

It's not just that, but now he's officially a tank.

No Tanks...

Next you're gonna tell me that Starscream is really the G. I. Joe Sky striker!

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1308 on: 29 September 2023, 00:34:24 »
I don't mind Megatron and Shockwave as tanks. It does let them do things on his own. Although, I don't remember Shockwave moving about all that much so I can see him as an EmplacementMech. Plus the size changing thing doesn't really work in BT. I can still see them converting to guns but they'd be battle armor sized which doesn't seem to fit with them being faction leaders.

Starscream as an F-15 is my favorite too.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1309 on: 29 September 2023, 00:40:40 »
My striping is terrible and I couldn't cheat with decals, but here is my take on Groundwave

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1310 on: 29 September 2023, 01:37:30 »
I don't mind Megatron and Shockwave as tanks. It does let them do things on his own. Although, I don't remember Shockwave moving about all that much so I can see him as an EmplacementMech. Plus the size changing thing doesn't really work in BT. I can still see them converting to guns but they'd be battle armor sized which doesn't seem to fit with them being faction leaders.

In this project, Shockwave was based on his Prime/Aligned universe format, which was basically a Cybertronian tank/tank destroyer, while Megatron was more like his War for Cyberton or Siege Trilogy models. And yeah, there's no size-changing rule here. That's just icky magic in BattleTech. Save it for Toreel.

- Herb

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #1311 on: 29 September 2023, 02:05:25 »
i much prefer the idea of Megatron and Shockwave as having vehicle alt-modes instead of them being firearms. even emplacements honestly makes them feel less threatening.

at least there are multiple optiosn there, between the tank and jet versions that show up in the various continuities. heck, would make for a fun set of sub-variants. have a high commander type for both ground and aerospace operations. though figuring out variant names would get complicated. :)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1312 on: 29 September 2023, 08:14:20 »
Wasn't Galvatron a "artillery piece" moving around??

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1313 on: 29 September 2023, 08:23:42 »
This is the two images I modified for the fan story, Emergence fan for Groundwave.  I hadn't realized there was a big dish on his back.

"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1314 on: 29 September 2023, 09:10:44 »
Wasn't Galvatron a "artillery piece" moving around??

Yup, and again, I used a tank form for his Sybeia expy Galvan Tankus. Mainly because I have one of those many Galvatron figures made through the 2000s and 2010s with a tank mode. But most depictions of Galvatron's artillery piece mode did show tracks that suggest he was meant to be more of a futuristic mobile howitzer, at least as I see him.

i much prefer the idea of Megatron and Shockwave as having vehicle alt-modes instead of them being firearms. even emplacements honestly makes them feel less threatening.

at least there are multiple optiosn there, between the tank and jet versions that show up in the various continuities. heck, would make for a fun set of sub-variants. have a high commander type for both ground and aerospace operations. though figuring out variant names would get complicated. :)

Oh, certainly, and the way Syberia works, all that would need to happen is for one of the FighterMechs to either receive MechaTankus's head, or to be programmed with a duplicate version of MechaTankus's AI to basically bring one of the flying-form "Megatrons" to life. Since I have approached triple-changers as being pair-bonded units of differing chassis types, that would be one way to approach a triple-changing MechaTankus. Star Seeker would have REAL trouble dealing with that, I'm sure.

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1315 on: 29 September 2023, 10:04:29 »
Sorry!  It was an interpretation, and I saw mention of a dish array and whip antennae, and I'm not too great at doing whip aerials for mechs. 

This is the two images I modified for the fan story, Emergence fan for Groundwave.  I hadn't realized there was a big dish on his back.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #1316 on: 29 September 2023, 14:21:14 »
My striping is terrible and I couldn't cheat with decals, but here is my take on Groundwave

Very nice!

I didn't use one on my own Groundwave in TDR form mini, because I didn't have a good dish I could use.  But, then, I didn't add the antennae or wheels, either. (see attached)

I haven't even started a Groundwave in GRF form yet, since I'm still working out representation for the GRF-1A, GRF-1N and other Griffins in my Alpha Strike Niops force: I've got one of Catalyst's Griffins and 4 Ral Partha Griffins, and none of IWM's GRF-1As.  For now, I've been using one of these as a stand-in:

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1317 on: 29 September 2023, 17:27:15 »
Heh... that Thunderbolt mini REALLY embraces the OG misprint that gave them a couple extra IS points in the arms... ;D

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1318 on: 30 September 2023, 03:18:03 »
In this project, Shockwave was based on his Prime/Aligned universe format, which was basically a Cybertronian tank/tank destroyer, while Megatron was more like his War for Cyberton or Siege Trilogy models. And yeah, there's no size-changing rule here. That's just icky magic in BattleTech. Save it for Toreel.

- Herb

I haven't seen either of those shows but I might have seen the toy. Some are pretty cool. And yep! Toreel can have the icky magic.  :laugh:

Cool minis!

Very nice!

I didn't use one on my own Groundwave in TDR form mini, because I didn't have a good dish I could use.  But, then, I didn't add the antennae or wheels, either. (see attached)

I haven't even started a Groundwave in GRF form yet, since I'm still working out representation for the GRF-1A, GRF-1N and other Griffins in my Alpha Strike Niops force: I've got one of Catalyst's Griffins and 4 Ral Partha Griffins, and none of IWM's GRF-1As.  For now, I've been using one of these as a stand-in:

There's Dougram minis that will work with Battletech minis?  :shocked: They'd be fun to get. 

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1319 on: 30 September 2023, 09:37:07 »

There's Dougram minis that will work with Battletech minis?  :shocked: They'd be fun to get.
Actually, yes. 
I am not sure if they're still being sold, but about 5 years ago they were quite available. They came in tiny little boxes of. They were kind of a random box sort of pick. But there are many of them are really cool including the Griffin the Shadow Hawk and so forth. With interesting poses.