Author Topic: Changes afoot with Alpha Strike cards?  (Read 3660 times)

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
Changes afoot with Alpha Strike cards?
« on: 10 March 2018, 00:52:19 »
I've just noticed there seems to be some changes afoot on the MUL for Alpha Strike cards. A column for extreme range damage appears to have been added, although the damage values aren't set up for it yet. The heading "TMM" also seems to have been removed with the numbers for TMM and MV both appearing after the heading MV.

Is there a revision in progress? Perhaps a PV revision shortly to follow too?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Changes afoot with Alpha Strike cards?
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2018, 01:03:09 »
Yes, some changes are coming for cards.  Unfortunately, it's the middle of that work right now, they're a bit off.  Still being worked on.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2018, 01:24:14 »
Thanks for the update. Any idea when the changes should be completed?

CJKeys

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Defend this house!
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2018, 01:50:16 »
They look good so far, noticed that the Engine Hit has the effect of a motive hit now though on the cards...... Hopefully it will all be done soon though.
"Now sit down, shut up, and let us Davions do what we do best: kill people we think aren't free enough." - Reaver

Phaedros

• Corporal
  • The Wolf of the West
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2018, 18:52:48 »
Looks like everything is back in order. Definitely digging the shiny new Battletech logo on the cards.

Paradox

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2018, 19:38:05 »
Print function in Force Builder is not working.  Have picked a 8 mechs and changed Skill to 3 for all of them then selected print and it Prints 0 mechs???  No mech appear or unit cards.  Need help asap as I have a game planned for tomorrow.  Save function in the Force builder also does not work.
Agent #902,  Toronto, Canada
Member of: Southern Ontario Battletech Society Facebook Group

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2018, 19:44:48 »
I went to Force, AS Builder.  Searched for Warhammer, added two WHM-6Rs.  I clicked print PDF and it created two pages, one with the unit list and the second page with the two AS cards.
I'm not seeing the problem.  Can you give me the steps you did and I can see what might be doing different? Perhaps what browser your using, or which units?
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Paradox

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2018, 19:59:32 »
Did the same thing.
Went to Force - then AS Builder
searched Warhammer
selected (with + sign) 2 Warhammer WHM-6R
hit Print
it opened a new window with "Force Unit List Forces"  with a unit count of 0.  there was no second page

Paradox

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
« Reply #8 on: 16 March 2018, 20:02:57 »
as a possible useful feature of the MUL.  it would be great if there was an option to click when printing to print in hexes (ie have the MV be divided by 2 to give the appropriate number of hexs) on the AS Cards.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 16 March 2018, 20:13:31 »
Want to send me a list of 'mechs and skills? 

What web browser are you using?  (Trying to figure out why it's working for me and not for you.)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2018, 21:10:02 »
Are you clicking the box that says Alpha Strike Cards?
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

DarkJaguar

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2018, 21:14:44 »
What cards are these?  I keep looking and nothing looks different?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2018, 21:19:04 »
Are you clicking the box that says Alpha Strike Cards?

If you go to Force, AS Builder, and print, you don't get that prompt. It goes straight to printing the Unit List/AS Cards.  You only get that prompt if you are in the non-AS Force Builder.

You get to the non-AS Force Builder by going to a unit page and clicking +Force, and then clicking, under Force, and anything but AS Builder.  You can set P/G rather than AS Skill, and get BV instead of PV. But the print from there...shows both PV and BV and print AS cards.  It needs some cleaning up.

Paradox

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
« Reply #13 on: 19 March 2018, 10:21:04 »
Ok,
so I already had a printed copy from about a month before of what I needed so I used a pen to mark up the skill changes and stuff that I needed for the convention that I ran Alpha Strike in.  Got through but had to resort to old tech (paper and pen).
Now I have had a chance to try things again.  I was using Windows Explorer when I as unable to print out the mech sheets last week (that being said I used Explorer about 2-3 months ago and was able to print out the mech sheets using the process I described above that didn't work for me last week).
I tried to do this in Google Chrom this morning and it worked/printed just fine.  So I am thinking there is an issue potentially with Windows Explorer and the AS Force builder.

Thank you for trying to help and your very generous offer to help print them out but I managed.
Also very quick turn around with the help.  Again thank you for all that you are doing.

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 19 March 2018, 17:16:14 »
What web browser are you using?  (Trying to figure out why it's working for me and not for you.)

Actually, I too hit the problem mentioned by Paradox, using Microsoft's Edge browser. I still have access to Internet Explorer 11 so I tried that instead and it worked okay.

There's still some issue with Edge. I just tried doing a search for the Atlas, clicked the first one on the list, and the print function didn't produce a card.

Fabe

• Corporal
« Reply #15 on: 15 May 2018, 01:35:32 »
I've been away from the forums from a long time. does all this mean the alpha strike cards are now up to date?

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 15 May 2018, 13:21:21 »
I've been away from the forums from a long time. does all this mean the alpha strike cards are now up to date?

The cards produced by the Masterunitlist.info website are, generally, the most current and accurate versions of a unit's Alpha Strike card. The only reason I say 'generally' is that the MUL, like everything in life, isn't perfect and the occasional error creeps into the data. The force builder portion of the site used to have some issues calculating PV when you raised and lowered skills, but I think that has been resolved. So, other than the occasional data error, yes the cards the MUL produces are up to date.

Fabe

• Corporal
« Reply #17 on: 16 May 2018, 17:10:58 »
The cards produced by the Masterunitlist.info website are, generally, the most current and accurate versions of a unit's Alpha Strike card. The only reason I say 'generally' is that the MUL, like everything in life, isn't perfect and the occasional error creeps into the data. The force builder portion of the site used to have some issues calculating PV when you raised and lowered skills, but I think that has been resolved. So, other than the occasional data error, yes the cards the MUL produces are up to date.

OK,thanks. The last time I was here they were rebalancing units and their point costs. Now that everything is up to date I think I might try and arrange a game.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 16 May 2018, 17:51:27 »
No PV changes have been made, yet.

Fabe

• Corporal
« Reply #19 on: 16 May 2018, 17:59:14 »
No PV changes have been made, yet.

Oh.ok. Is that still being worked on?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2018, 18:48:22 »
Oh.ok. Is that still being worked on?

Yes and no.  The PV system changes were set a long time ago, it was awaiting approvals and the work of implementing those changes.

Son of Kerenski

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Everything is AWESOME.
« Reply #21 on: 17 May 2018, 20:17:20 »
Does the delay in the new PV system affect any certain new rule books coming out soon? Will also delay that?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 17 May 2018, 21:36:21 »
Does the delay in the new PV system affect any certain new rule books coming out soon? Will also delay that?
No. And No.
The new rulebook is more than enough to cause its own delays.  It isn’t/won’t be delayed by PV changes.

Register