Author Topic: AToW programs?  (Read 19562 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: AToW programs?
« Reply #60 on: 11 February 2020, 04:37:19 »
Glad you found something that's helpful!

CharlieAscende

• Recruit
« Reply #61 on: 11 February 2020, 07:29:00 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #62 on: 11 February 2020, 18:33:24 »
That looks OK for point buy, at least...

CharlieAscende

• Recruit
« Reply #63 on: 15 February 2020, 13:12:24 »
Well when I first took a peak at it it was somehow set to 600 in each attributes in default- wasn't really expecting it to be like that though. 100 each would be enough for every character in life module 0 phase at least.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #64 on: 15 February 2020, 13:52:29 »
I set mine up to automate optimization with life modules.  It's still pretty manual, but I don't see any optimization formulas in this one.

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
« Reply #65 on: 03 May 2020, 16:02:25 »
I currently am trying to work on a "cheap" automated program to provide random characters and background to MegaMek (MekHQ). Anyone have any Excel work for it?
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #66 on: 03 May 2020, 16:53:41 »
Just for AToW, sorry.  More will have to wait until I retire (only four years and a bit to go at this point).

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 03 May 2020, 17:58:40 »
Well the idea is to make AToW characters that will be trimmed down and adapted. Certain traits and such will have game effects.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #68 on: 03 May 2020, 18:21:27 »
Oh!  I thought you had committed to 3rd Edition...  My spreadsheet has a lot of the optimization math figured out, and I suppose you could punch in the module data easily enough, and randomize it.  The reason I didn't enter all the module data is that Herb himself asked me to "minimize verbatim content" back when I was first building it.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: 03 May 2020, 21:27:31 »
I somewhat have. What I like about 3rd if those random life path events. The Companion has a version for that. I need something where I can plug in those changes as well.

Draven0019

• Recruit
« Reply #70 on: 04 May 2020, 00:43:01 »
Don't suppose we have any updates on that program, can imagine being a law student at the time of writing would have been taking its toll of free time, if he has become a practicing lawyer may not have had free time to continue.