Author Topic: Force Packs  (Read 4399 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Force Packs
« on: 03 December 2021, 00:20:51 »
This is a thread to collect errors in the Force Pack series of miniature releases.  We're only dealing with text-based errors here, not issues you have with the miniatures.

First and foremost, please specify the formal name for the pack you're reporting the error for, before getting to your issue.  Thanks!
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Known Glitch

• Warrant Officer
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
Re: Force Packs
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2021, 07:55:35 »
* VERSION: Wolf's Dragoons Assault Star Force Pack
    * THE ERROR: The personalized Special Pilot Ability section is copied word for word from Corijan Holmes.
"Holmes' unit makes a Piloting roll...Target must move toward Holmes...may only attack Holmes...etc."
    * THE CORRECTION: Identify what SPA Davis McCall was actually meant to have and how it should be applied. (McCall is not given a SPA in the Grey Death Legion force list published on pg. 194 of the AS: Cdr's Edition I have [Thunderbolt Cover]).

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2021, 18:02:43 »
Title: Inner Sphere Battle Lance

Issue: Both House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) and Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 4 spell her name "Lynda-Lee"
=======
(previously posted in CGL Era Fiction thread)
Title: Inner Sphere Heavy Lance
Location: Trevor Coyne-Mallory/Bodil Garrik Centurion pilot card

Issue: Garrik's Fifth Regulan Hussars image is used for both sides. The Alpha Strike cards have the correct images.
=======
Title: Inner Sphere Battle Lance & Wolf's Dragoons Assault Star

Issue: Different SPAs
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

Alfaryn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2021, 12:51:36 »
Title: Inner Sphere Heavy Battle Lance
Error: One of the 'Mechs listed is incorrectly named "Axeman".
Correction: Change the name to "Axman".

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2022, 10:55:08 »
Dire Wolf Prime is listed on the MUL as being 56 PV

ALPHA STRIKE card in the Command Star Force Pack lists the PV as 55 points.

As per the MUL team, the MUL is correct, therefore the Card is in error.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2022, 19:05:46 »
the Dire Wolf Prime should also have IF0* and OV4 (that caused the PV increase).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2023, 13:08:29 »
Gray Death Force Pack
Gargoyle (Man O'War ) C: S/M/L should be 5/5/0, OV: 2 and PV: 46.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2023, 16:14:18 »
Inner Sphere Heavy Battle Lance

Problem: The pilot card for Shelley Brubaker is worded in a way that suggest that she was piloting her Nightstar during the Battle of Luthien in 3052. "...Brubaker calmly took aim and brought them down with successive Gauss rifle rounds." The Nightstar was not around in 3052, being a lost Star League design reintroduced later in the 3050s. Though the MUL does not give a reintroduction date, it's a bit of a stretch to think that it was back in time for the Battle of Luthien, and even more of a stretch to think that this is a leftover from the Dragoon's arrival in 3005. And if Brubaker didn't have a Nightstar at Luthien, then the entire second paragraph of the card becomes irrelevant.

I don't really see a way to reconcile this without making major changes to the Nightstar's reintroduction. I'd just suggest rewriting the passage to have the action occur on Coventry or during Bulldog.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2024, 13:57:43 »
Inner Sphere Heavy Battle Lance

Problem: The pilot card for Shelley Brubaker is worded in a way that suggest that she was piloting her Nightstar during the Battle of Luthien in 3052. "...Brubaker calmly took aim and brought them down with successive Gauss rifle rounds." The Nightstar was not around in 3052, being a lost Star League design reintroduced later in the 3050s. Though the MUL does not give a reintroduction date, it's a bit of a stretch to think that it was back in time for the Battle of Luthien, and even more of a stretch to think that this is a leftover from the Dragoon's arrival in 3005. And if Brubaker didn't have a Nightstar at Luthien, then the entire second paragraph of the card becomes irrelevant.

I don't really see a way to reconcile this without making major changes to the Nightstar's reintroduction. I'd just suggest rewriting the passage to have the action occur on Coventry or during Bulldog.

After a little research, I'm not sure this "can't" be accurate.
While I agree, that I can't find a date for sure when the Nightstar was re-introduced, I would point out that both factories where it is being produced were upgraded to SLDF tech in the 3040's.
The Devastator-2 & the Marauder-5D both have intro dates showing that those factories were some of the earliest to be upgraded.
So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to say that the Nightstar-9J was one of the earliest SLDF/3058 mechs put back into production with a date of 3049-51 range.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Rob Bendig

• Private
« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2024, 17:57:51 »
Kell Hounds Striker Lance
     Griffin C Alpha Strike Card, PV = 37; MUL PV = 45

A lot of the Alpha Strike Cards differ from MUL with respect to Special Abilities (especially level of IF#) or weapons damage but I cannot see any reason for the PV difference in this case.

Register