Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
That was a tough one. Again, Carolina played a good game, they really have nothing to regret here. They just faced one player who wanted Saturday off and was determined to make sure he got it.

I, meanwhile, now have the unenviable task of watching both of my beloved NHL teams play elimination games on the same evening. I may need to stop by the booze shop after work, because this is gonna be a rough evening to get through.

(For what it's worth, I'll take the Panthers 4-2 with an empty-netter in there, and I'll take the Avalanche 5-3 to force a Game 7)
Off Topic / Re: So.....GASLANDS!
« Last post by JadeHellbringer on Today at 10:30:48 »
So the rest of it looks great. The miniatures in particular.

But the cannon-Corvette? That is ARTWORK. Love it!
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Painting SDS Drones
« Last post by Giovanni Blasini on Today at 10:28:26 »
As we have some hints what drone could be produced in what system i will try to keep that third color consistent within my own drone project. ;)
But as always it is just one of so many projects in the pipeline.

Okay, those are amazing.
Ground Combat / Re: Silver Bullet Gauss status?
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 10:25:53 »
MAD-11D.
Off Topic / So.....GASLANDS!
« Last post by NeonKnight on Today at 10:25:26 »
So I'm a little late to the GASLANDS craze, yet, in it I am. And while I've only played a few test games with my Son, we had fun.

To that end, I am now in the middle of making template boards for my game table. The Templates are 1 foot square, and will allow my to arrange to make multiple different layouts, be they 3'x3', 3'x4', or 4'x4'.

And as I now own in addition to both resin and FDM 3D-printers, I am also now the proud owner of a K40 C02 laser cutter/engraver, so why buy templates dice, or vehicle add-ones when I can make them myself (and I've only Burned myself from the LASER and Cut the tip of my finger off ONCE!  :cheesy:):

So far, for terrain I've Laser Cut out 5 Gates (still need to base them properly):

But of course, whats a game of Gaslands without some Vehicles to race!

First up, from Spnsor SLIME - Team MAC-N-CHEESE:

With MAC:

and CHEESE

and the Second team I've made up, from Sponsor MIYAZAKI - LIGHTNING & McQUEEN:

With Lightning:

and McQueen:

So, that is my...INITIAL start into GASLANDS - would love to see anyone else's Gaslands stuff!
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Painting SDS Drones
« Last post by Wotan on Today at 10:17:28 »
As we have some hints what drone could be produced in what system i will try to keep that third color consistent within my own drone project. ;)
But as always it is just one of so many projects in the pipeline.
Ground Combat / Re: Silver Bullet Gauss status?
« Last post by Natasha Kerensky on Today at 10:09:11 »

Range-wise, SB Gauss pairs well with regular Gauss, ER PPCs, ER Large, and LRMs.  It’s easy to drop one in, say, a Falconer for a 5/8 platform.  (Or in many slower platforms like the Cerberus, Gunslinger, Nightstar, Pillager, or T-Hawk.)

The tough part is giving up the headcapper for the crit-seeker.  That, and the limited pool of sometimes inexperienced designers that the TROs/RGs pull from, is why the SB Gauss has not been more popular.  Logically, at a minimum, each of the units above would have an SB Gauss variant (probably deployed at a 1:3 ratio) for dealing with combat vehicles, airborne units, and achieving kill thresholds on BA.
Ground Combat / Re: Cover-All-Your-Bases Layout
« Last post by Natasha Kerensky on Today at 09:52:33 »

Snubbies are a good choice only on mobile units.  Slow, non-jumpers can’t take advantage of the snub’s long short-range.  Without that, the snub is a sub-par energy weapon.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Bloodname Phenotype Classifications
« Last post by AlphaMirage on Today at 09:40:50 »
I think the Bloodhouses aren't exclusive but there are certain traits that they excel in and it is quite possible for a member of one specific bloodhouse, say a Pilot, to become a different type, such as a Mechwarrior. The Specific ones are just more likely to have the traits necessary for a role, Elementals would for instance be more predisposed to being big but an Elemental can became a MechWarrior if they are selected and trained as one. General bloodhouses just possess Generally useful traits and then it comes down to the screening process and genefather selection to see what kind of role an individual can serve in the Clan once they reach Sibko age. Depending on aptitude and Clan needs you might draw from the groups that were more Pilot or Elemental disposed creches for MechWarrior training or vice versa.

Elementals to Aerospace Pilots are probably infrequent though but not impossible. Elementals could be trained in the Naval role as that is a good fit for their 'we win as a group' leadership mentality and they are of the heightened average intelligence of all Clan Warrior Caste. Tough or physically strong Pilots likely form the core of the non-Elemental Clan Marines if they can't compete with their more agile or fast twitch counterparts in a dogfight.
The avoidance of inbreeding and overspecialization? 

[looks at aero pilot phenotype]... yeah, I don't think they're too worried about that.  :wink:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Register