Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ground Combat / Re: Clan Large Pulse Lasers
« Last post by General308 on Today at 14:10:00 »
You could use like 4 tubes of Artillery to deal with the Clan Large Pulse laser.  :grin:
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Project Aphrodite
« Last post by SteelRaven on Today at 14:08:44 »
For earlier sources, I'm pretty sure the five original House books, plus The Star League and The Periphery, mention genetic engineering. But I should also note that gengineering has been in sci-fi almost from the day Crick and Watson announced their discoveries, and even before that there was eugenics as a pretty common trope. The idea that genetic tinkering somehow isn't "eighties" is just weird to me.
Because people think in extremes. You same genetic engineering, their brain goes to ether Elemental or Genecaste instead of "next generation won't have knee and joint pain."
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Giftake sibkos expected to excel?
« Last post by Hellraiser on Today at 13:48:20 »
  they’re also complete morons.
HAHAHAHA.   LMAO.   Say it ain't so ;)
Free Capella wasn't even necessary a Hanse project, it was definitely something that was allowed to exist in the Commonwealth however, and I associate it more with organized crime as 'charity.' It is not like Tormano didn't have his own designs, he did after all nearly cause a war with it using Peter SD.

As for an anti-Liao movement, I think the secret police were probably very effective in handling those.
The only times I can think of political instability is between Liao, not necessarily Anti-Liao, and there are some instances where that boils over and creates havoc although the most recent instance of that is the well known three-way conflict between Maximillian's kids. Its always a shadow war though a major civil war would likely mortally wound the Capellan Confederation and make it weak enough that someone might try to take over (like they did in my Fanfic).
Wait what?  They're including a HBS design into MWO?  Sweet!
Yes, they are going to add the Bull Shark on the 21. V. 2024.

I see that I am not alone who remembers this BattleMech.  :wink:

I made this screenshot, so even people, who have never played the HBS game, can see the original 'Mech.

Of course, the MWO Bullshark is going to have different models than the HBS' Bull Shark.
So going to the topic I just have a question: does the Confederation have a society / group that is opposed to the way the Liao's rules?
Let's take a look:
The Combine has the Black Dragon society (including the council of gems), The Commonwealth and the Federated Suns had movements for "pure" bloodlines while the Commonwealth also had separatist movements. The Free Worlds League probably doesn't need any mention civil strife seems to be baked into it, most extreme might be the Regulans or even the old Scourge movement. But did House Liao have something homegrown? You could say Free Capella but that was more a pet project from Hanse Davion
Wait what?  They're including a HBS design into MWO?  Sweet!
You're familiar with the internet, right? You know that patience does not exist?  :wink:

TL;DR
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Gorgon on Today at 13:05:39 »
“I will allow it when the time comes,” Minoru confirmed quietly. “The Diamond Sharks are being attacked from the core by their fellow Clans. If we had known in time, it would have been the perfect opportunity for Ruby to be aimed at them.”

Looks like the Combine at least as some information about the attacks. But quite possibly not to the full extend.

And the post-war (counter attack) political landscape is beginning to take form, it seems. Good to know that Omi has an eye on Kathrine and is making her influence felt on Victor. It could backfire, though. Quite possible that if it comes to a confrontation between the siblings, Kathrine might try to frame Victor as being under the Combine's influence to gain support from the Draconis March, among others.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register