Author Topic: And You Thought There Was Never an Anime Thread on This Forum!  (Read 161642 times)

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Re: And You Thought There Was Never an Anime Thread on This Forum!
« Reply #30 on: 21 July 2017, 21:06:24 »
Now, what are the odds of that game ever getting released in the US?

It's from Namco Bandai, who have perhaps the worst track record localizing otaku games to the Western market. I wouldn't expect to see it released in English - I'll be importing it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #31 on: 21 July 2017, 21:14:19 »
That's what I thought.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #32 on: 21 July 2017, 23:12:17 »
About FMP! (light?) novels:
Sadly, I'm pretty sure they were from TokyoPop and are now discontinued.
Speaking about which, why nobody else has picked up series TokyoPop has left unfinished? I want the rest of the Slayers novels! >:(
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 21 July 2017, 23:15:23 »
just finished watching snow white with red hair...
little too sweet for my taste

now gonna watch zeiram...had not seen it in about 15 years...and gunhed....
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #34 on: 22 July 2017, 00:56:30 »
Yeah!! Gunhed!! I plan on watching that before i play with some quadvees in mm.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 22 July 2017, 10:31:06 »
...and gunhed....

Oh that is a fun one.
I remember buying a bootleg VHS raw copy back in the day. It took a couple of viewings to get a good understanding of the plot, what there was of it. It is a decent popcorn film.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 22 July 2017, 15:02:52 »
This one? Or this one?
actually both live ones...turns out i had a file on old disk and it had both...mind you i had not touched that particular disk in 12 years or more...surprised it was not corrupted...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 22 July 2017, 16:02:53 »
The Reflection - 1
Well the last of the Summer 2017 shows has premiered.
I'm still not 100% sure about the art design and the actual animation for The Reflection. I'm still gonna give this show a few more eps. But if the animation doesn't pick up, I may not even care to finish this 1 cour series.
And before I begin, FUNi's initial English Dub cast has been announced. I would of been rather disappointed if Stan Lee wasn't going to voice his expy, Mr. Mystic, in the English Dub.

And here's a ANN article that has the names of most of the Characters seen in this ep.

While a fair portion of ep 1's action was featured in the PV in the above ANN article, I liked the minimal visuals of Eleanor's teleporting ability and seeing X-On's ability in action too. I-Guy's fight with Dreadwing and the frog-looking guy was ok. I'm still not too keen on I-Guy apparently able to create and/or manipulate video displays on the fly, in addition to his typical power-suit looking powers. Then again, that could be my dislike of the Art Style/Animation sinking in...

There's just enough to keep my interest, but we'll have to see.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 24 July 2017, 02:47:07 »
Love Knights and Magic so far. Still waiting for the kid to develop a Gundam frame or two :P

Things are looking up for the horror harem as well with his latest lady love. Can't wait for the next 18if!

Clean Freak! Aoyama-kun is still holding my interest. Wasn't initially sure I would be interested in a sports anime but it is turning out to be anything but. I do like his more slobbish online persona lol Was nice to find [REDACTED] in his class. That was a trip, especially the scene in [REDACTED].

That Hero show is back in its groove for the past few episodes. Midoriya seems to be slowly growing into his power. Though one poor hero may have fallen... That old guy is a real hoot to watch. Pretty spry for an old fart ;D

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 24 July 2017, 12:54:13 »
just saw trailer for ready player one...
fun cameos from  the spielberg movies...but there is one thing that made an appearence that got my eyebrow up....
lets see if any one else noticed....

kato

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 24 July 2017, 13:45:45 »
Youkai Apartment, despite its theme and its high-school MC, turns out surprisingly ... adult by now. In a good way.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #42 on: 24 July 2017, 14:39:13 »
If you like Toku stuff, you need to check out Action Heroine Cheer Fruits. It's cute, slightly yuri, and the staff really loves their Toku stuff. Its main writer is Naruhisa Arakawa, and it really shows.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #43 on: 24 July 2017, 14:46:41 »
If you like Toku stuff
I need translation here. What is Toku?

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #44 on: 24 July 2017, 14:49:41 »
He means tokusatsu (special effects), specifically shows like Ultraman or Super Sentai.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #45 on: 24 July 2017, 15:11:02 »
Yup. Check out the OP they did for the fictional show that started off the anime's plot,
especially that henshin belt detail at the 57s mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rxZcXFwBmk

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #46 on: 26 July 2017, 15:26:05 »
New Kemono Friends and Konosuba anime inbound
[drool]

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 26 July 2017, 16:16:06 »
Hope Kazuma gets his 3rd harem season. What do you think? Spin-off, another OVA, or new Season?

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #48 on: 26 July 2017, 16:16:56 »
New season. It's a solid money-maker.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 26 July 2017, 18:45:34 »
So I want to like Gamers, but it's kind of... well... boring. It has good moments, but it paces them weirdly IMHO. I think I get it, it's sort of a parody of school club anime, so it tries to hit the same beats as that kind of show and then subvert them, but overall I found my attention wandering away midway through the second episode.

On the other hand, Made in Abyss and the new Mahoujin Guruguru has both my and my wife's approval. We must see more. I liked the old Mahoujin Guruguru in a weird way, but the new one is IMHO way better.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #50 on: 26 July 2017, 19:20:17 »
I enjoy Gamers but it can be slow from time to time.

But, time to watch todays shows!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #51 on: 26 July 2017, 19:31:09 »
So I want to like Gamers, but it's kind of... well... boring.

Awww, really? I really like it! The first episode was a little slow off the ground, but I think episode 2 really sold me on it! I really liked how Tasuku realized that none of the people he thought liked him for being cool actually liked him for any reason other than being himself! If the series keeps up like this, it's going to be pure gold!

On the other hand, Made in Abyss and the new Mahoujin Guruguru has both my and my wife's approval. We must see more. I liked the old Mahoujin Guruguru in a weird way, but the new one is IMHO way better.

Made In Abyss is fantastic, and is giving me Mega Man Legends flashbacks!

This is my "intently watching Guru Guru" face:

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 26 July 2017, 22:16:39 »
My First Girlfriend is a Gal - Wow.. that poor guy. And that other girl at the end... I am beginning to think that is a school full of crazies.

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #53 on: 26 July 2017, 22:52:42 »
So a typical anime high school then?
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #54 on: 26 July 2017, 23:08:12 »
My First Girlfriend is a Gal - Wow.. that poor guy. And that other girl at the end... I am beginning to think that is a school full of crazies.
Is that poor guy called pervert and abused by the girls?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #55 on: 26 July 2017, 23:36:12 »
No, a poor loser kid that is shocked he has a girlfriend. His girlfriends friend on the other hand... Is ripping his shirt off and trying to **** the **** out of him abuse??

BTW have you watched In Another World With My Smartphone? Not as funny as KONOSUBA nor as pervy but has a similar vibe in some ways.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #56 on: 26 July 2017, 23:42:57 »
Just finished watching the third Patlabor film! I enjoyed it but couldn't help but think that something that I enjoyed from the rest of the franchise wasn't there. Sure they did a good job keeping the animation style of the other 2 films and Kenji Kawai's music was as great and fitting as it always is. Maybe it's related to how little we saw the SV2 characters and their antics? I'm not sure, but it didn't feel like Patlabor. Did anyone else feel the same way?

At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #57 on: 26 July 2017, 23:44:52 »
Haven't seen it. Did enjoy the others. Is it up on any of the services??

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: 26 July 2017, 23:52:31 »
Awww, really? I really like it! The first episode was a little slow off the ground, but I think episode 2 really sold me on it! I really liked how Tasuku realized that none of the people he thought liked him for being cool actually liked him for any reason other than being himself! If the series keeps up like this, it's going to be pure gold!
As far as slice of life with a bit of a twist goes, I've been watching Centaur's Life with at least a modicum of tolerance; it has the 'slice of life' with odd additions that makes it kind of fun once in a while. Plus, the translator dropped about halfway through the manga and it'd be nice to get some of the weirdness resolved without resorting to raws - if I could even find them.

Made In Abyss is fantastic, and is giving me Mega Man Legends flashbacks!
Funny, my wife said, "I didn't know that this was a Megaman origin story!"

This is my "intently watching Guru Guru" face:

And mine as well.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #59 on: 27 July 2017, 12:27:22 »
About Patlabor 3
Haven't seen it. Did enjoy the others. Is it up on any of the services??
Main character on this one is police detective. Division 2 & Patlabors are side characters. Serious stuff, no fooling around.