Author Topic: Quick Strike Cards PDFs and their stats  (Read 2812 times)

tsmpaul

• Corporal
Quick Strike Cards PDFs and their stats
« on: 06 July 2011, 18:54:24 »
Hi guys, I bought the Quick Strike Cards pdfs, printed them all out, laminated them, cut them out, and they are great.

However, I am unsure if there might have been errors when the stats were made for the cards. I thought that under the new quick strike rules, LRMS, SRMS, Autocannons, etc, are supposed to have their own damage values under the SPECIAL section on the cards, if they deal 10 or more damage in that weapon type category. Some of the mech cards have this done on them, but others don't, and just put the LRM damage as part of the short,medium,long damage values.

For example, the Axman AXM-2N has 2x LRM 15's, (averaging Short 12 damage, Med/Long 24 damage using Quick Strike Rules) and in its SPECIAL section, it has LRM 1/1/1. Is it supposed to be LRM 1/2/2 ?

Other units with LRMs don't mention them at all. The Dervish DV-8D also has two LRM 15's, with artemis, and it doesn't mention artemis or LRM's on the Quick Strike card - but it does say IF2 for indirect fire...

I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting the rules for designing stats for units, or if the PDF's need an update so the stats are accurate?
- red vs blue battletech painting -

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Re: Quick Strike Cards PDFs and their stats
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2011, 19:31:24 »
Per the Battleforce conversion rules, if a mech has ammo for less than 10 shots per weapon, its BF damage is reduced by 25%. Thus, the Axman ends up being LRM 1/1/1.

Regarding the Dervish (and any mech sporting Artemis IV), the rules say that launchers with Artemis can use specialty ammo (the main reason BF breaks those damage values out), but they don't get the benefit of the Artemis. The rules apparently assume you will always choose the benefit of the Artemis; thus the Dervish's LRM damage is folded into the other S/M/L values.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2011, 20:00:04 »
Per the Battleforce conversion rules, if a mech has ammo for less than 10 shots per weapon, its BF damage is reduced by 25%. Thus, the Axman ends up being LRM 1/1/1.
Also, LRM-15s are 9 damage at M and L range, for a total of 18 before the ammo modification.  18 * .75 = 12.  12/10, 1.2 rounds normally to 1 at M and L.

Regarding the Dervish (and any mech sporting Artemis IV), the rules say that launchers with Artemis can use specialty ammo (the main reason BF breaks those damage values out), but they don't get the benefit of the Artemis. The rules apparently assume you will always choose the benefit of the Artemis; thus the Dervish's LRM damage is folded into the other S/M/L values.
Just to clarify "the [classic BattleTech] rules say that launchers with Artemis can use speciality ammo..,but they don't get the benefit of the Artemis...the [BattleForce] rules..always choose the benefit of the Artemis; thus the.. LRM damage is folded in.."

Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

tsmpaul

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2011, 21:20:01 »
Thanks for the explanations! I was worried as I thought I'd have to go through all the cards and check their numbers :) It's very handy having the cards, and not having to write up stat sheets by hand.
- red vs blue battletech painting -