Author Topic: Spaniel Keshik  (Read 1560 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Spaniel Keshik
« on: 28 May 2024, 08:59:50 »
A pic of some work in progress.  From left to right we have:

Spot (Dalmatian) in his Pouncer
Lassy (Collie) in her Mad Dog
Polly (Parrot) in her Kingfisher
Oscar (Otter) in his Ice Ferret
Foxy (Fox) in her Kit Fox
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Luciora

• Major
Re: Spaniel Keshik
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2024, 09:12:53 »
Beat me to it!  Great work!

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Engineering where it's not WHY but WHY NOT?
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2024, 18:25:58 »
Those look great!
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2024, 19:11:44 »
Any chance of a bigger picture of just the 'Mechs, thanks?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2024, 19:14:38 »
Any chance of a bigger picture of just the 'Mechs, thanks?

Once I get the bases finished.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2024, 19:15:39 »
Thanks!
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2024, 19:49:45 »
Here's Polly - Kingfisher

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2024, 19:54:43 »
Lassy - Mad Dog

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2024, 19:58:45 »
Foxy - Kit Fox

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2024, 20:02:53 »
Oscar - Ice Ferret

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #10 on: 28 May 2024, 20:06:10 »
Spot - Pouncer

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2024, 05:57:03 »
 :smilie_happy_thumbup:

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2024, 05:42:22 »
The front shot of the Ice Ferret shows what looks like teeth around the cockpit.
BATTLEMASTER

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2024, 08:53:11 »
Second-line Star (Quackers, Nibbles, Merlin, Zephan, and Tavi) and ProtoMech Point (Polly, Ferdinan, Porky, Zephan, and Foxy) coming up this weekend.

Tried to do up Ferdinan's "Battle Cattle" Elemental Star for the Nova, but am stumped about how to affix horns to those super-tiny miniatures.  Antenna wire would work, but would be too small to be noticed.  Any suggestions?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #14 on: 31 May 2024, 08:56:24 »
The front shot of the Ice Ferret shows what looks like teeth around the cockpit.

Yeah, I don't have a proper lighting rig to avoid deep shadows. 

What I found hilarious about the Ice Ferret is that the indentations actually give the appearance of a cartoon animal face sticking its tongue out beneath the cockpit "eyes." 

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2024, 10:11:13 »
Maybe thin but pliable metal like staples?  Depends what style of horn you want as well.  Its not something I'm looking forward to as well. 

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 31 May 2024, 12:00:21 »
What are the actual measurements and shape for the horns you want?  At that size you might be able to fudge something with a dab of glue.
BATTLEMASTER

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #17 on: 31 May 2024, 13:20:36 »
What are the actual measurements and shape for the horns you want?  At that size you might be able to fudge something with a dab of glue.

They'd be cow horns along the lines of what's seen in the attachment, though probably more upward oriented, to avoid hitting the missile backpacks.  (Or possibly only attached to the Elementals that have already jettisoned their packs).

Given the size of the new plastic Elemental figures, I'd say 2-3 mm long, at most.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 31 May 2024, 14:08:05 »
Considering the armor would take up space, there won't be too much sticking out.  There's also the matter if the horns would be enclosed or exposed, but that would compromise suit integrity.  So small bumps could work too.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #19 on: 31 May 2024, 14:15:16 »
Considering the armor would take up space, there won't be too much sticking out.  There's also the matter if the horns would be enclosed or exposed, but that would compromise suit integrity.  So small bumps could work too.

True, but since it's a cartoon, physics takes a backseat to "rule of cool."  There's a scene in the featured episode where Ferdinan executes a flying headbutt against a Hatamoto-chi's cockpit and his horns penetrate the ferroglass.

I will gave some staples a test fit this weekend, and post the results.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2024, 14:16:54 »
Ah good ole cartoon fizziks.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #21 on: 31 May 2024, 18:25:23 »
Thank you so much! Foxy and Lassie are the favourites :)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #22 on: 01 June 2024, 13:08:28 »
You've heard of Ramiel Bekker - The WarBear.

Now presenting Star Commander Nibbles - The WarHamster

Piloting his mighty WarHamster IIC

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #23 on: 01 June 2024, 13:14:19 »
Representing Bloodhouse Mallard, the always colorful Quackers!

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #24 on: 01 June 2024, 13:18:40 »
The third of the Mongoose brothers, and the only one to achieve Warrior status, Tavi!

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #25 on: 01 June 2024, 13:22:59 »
The wise old warrior with one foot in solahma status, Merlin, piloting his Horned Owl:

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #26 on: 01 June 2024, 13:26:02 »
Zephan, everybody's favorite surat.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #27 on: 01 June 2024, 13:29:43 »
After the series was rebooted in the 3060s, many of the characters switched to ProtoMechs.  Here's Khan Polly in her Roc.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #28 on: 01 June 2024, 13:33:38 »
saKhan Foxy was likewise upgraded

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #29 on: 01 June 2024, 13:37:51 »
Solahma warrior Porky returned to active duty in a Chrysaor suit.

Register