Author Topic: Clan Jade Falcon Thread II: Falcon Harder. I SAID HARDER!  (Read 212261 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Re: Clan Jade Falcon Thread II: Falcon Harder. I SAID HARDER!
« Reply #720 on: 09 January 2018, 03:38:42 »
Now we just need to find some taciturn Falcons. :)

You rang?
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 11:58:33 by marauder648 »
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #721 on: 09 January 2018, 08:55:09 »
Now we just need to find some taciturn Falcons. :)

"Taciturn? We are Jade Falcon- we cannot even SPELL that."
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #722 on: 09 January 2018, 10:21:23 »
"Taciturn? We are Jade Falcon- we cannot even SPELL that."

Who needs to spell when you can count? #clanbankers
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #723 on: 09 January 2018, 10:26:53 »
Who needs to spell when you can count? #clanbankers

"...yeah, we should work on learning that better, too. All the old learning guides we have are from the Smoke Jaguars, and it mostly teaches how to tally up casualty statistics."

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #724 on: 09 January 2018, 12:04:10 »
"...yeah, we should work on learning that better, too. All the old learning guides we have are from the Smoke Jaguars, and it mostly teaches how to tally up casualty statistics."

I always thought you guys learned how to count from the owl in the tootsiepop commercial. How many scientists does it take to get to the center of a society? *bang* one *bang* two *explosion* Three!!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #725 on: 09 January 2018, 13:14:27 »
I always thought you guys learned how to count from the owl in the tootsiepop commercial. How many scientists does it take to get to the center of a society? *bang* one *bang* two *explosion* Three!!

Works for counting how much ammo is in a Thor configuration too. *BANG* "One!" *BANG* "Ah-two!" *CLICK* "****** !"

+Crow T. Robot+

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #726 on: 09 January 2018, 20:28:26 »
Spelling is for scientists and other stupid freebirths!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #727 on: 10 January 2018, 01:32:14 »
Well, have successfully completed a proof of concept for Epsilon Galaxy scheme.

The Grand Plan includes a Cluster: 1st Falcon Jagers
- Trinary (Omnis, Second-Lines, and BA)
- Binary (heavy vees, recon vees)
- Trinary (two Stars of BA, star of transport vehicles)

Mix of metal and plastic. As there is no longer any spare space on my shelves, they'll no doubt have to Trial for room ...
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #728 on: 10 January 2018, 05:57:56 »
Well, have successfully completed a proof of concept for Epsilon Galaxy scheme.

The Grand Plan includes a Cluster: 1st Falcon Jagers
- Trinary (Omnis, Second-Lines, and BA)
- Binary (heavy vees, recon vees)
- Trinary (two Stars of BA, star of transport vehicles)

Mix of metal and plastic. As there is no longer any spare space on my shelves, they'll no doubt have to Trial for room ...

Pics when you're done or it didn't really happen.

Iron Wolf

• Corporal
« Reply #729 on: 11 January 2018, 19:11:30 »
I am behind on the lore and just now getting caught up. Was it ever revealed who or what killed Marthe Pryde?

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #730 on: 12 January 2018, 00:16:21 »
I am behind on the lore and just now getting caught up. Was it ever revealed who or what killed Marthe Pryde?

Check out Wars of Reaving. The bombers allegedly had ties to Loki.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #731 on: 12 January 2018, 08:55:51 »
Check out Wars of Reaving. The bombers allegedly had ties to Loki.

Which, it's important to note, is a reference to the terrorist organization and NOT to the Omnimech, though both are known to cause unfortunate and messy explosions when Jade Falcon commanders least want to see them.

+Crow T. Robot+

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #732 on: 12 January 2018, 09:12:27 »
Which, it's important to note, is a reference to the terrorist organization and NOT to the Omnimech, though both are known to cause unfortunate and messy explosions when Jade Falcon commanders least want to see them.

So..the mall food court?

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #733 on: 12 January 2018, 10:46:19 »
So..the mall food court?

"SAVASHRI! My food is cold! I declare a Trial of Grievance against this 'Panda Express'. With what forces will you defend?"

"Ah... well... er... orange chicken?"

"Fool, I have heard this epithet a thousand times. And it's supposed to be GREEN chicken. Prepare yourself."

+Crow T. Robot+

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #734 on: 12 January 2018, 11:54:23 »
"SAVASHRI! My food is cold! I declare a Trial of Grievance against this 'Panda Express'. With what forces will you defend?"

"Ah... well... er... orange chicken?"

"Fool, I have heard this epithet a thousand times. And it's supposed to be GREEN chicken. Prepare yourself."

You know the battles.gonna end once the jade falcon sees his ex that he dated in the sibko ;). Only time you've seen a jade falcon move that fast is when that warship came crashing down.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #735 on: 12 January 2018, 14:12:03 »
Pics when you're done or it didn't really happen.

The problem is stopping me from posting pics, quiaff?
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #736 on: 12 January 2018, 14:17:25 »
The problem is stopping me from posting pics, quiaff?

Aff...unless this is reversed psychology and you WANT me to stop you...with force..in a trial..and i aint talking night  court!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #737 on: 12 January 2018, 14:57:28 »
Nope. Got to finish my Heavy Hell Raisers & post them, then Falcon Power!

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #738 on: 12 January 2018, 15:37:00 »
Nope. Got to finish my Heavy Hell Raisers & post them, then Falcon Power!

YOU, sir, need to get your priorities in order.

Jade Falcons First! (We'll annihilate the other Clans later)

+Crow T. Robot+

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #739 on: 12 January 2018, 16:43:31 »
And remember, nine out of ten Clan Warriors think that Jade Falcon Green is the best colour for a 'Mech

(The tenth said 'quit wasting my time with your inane questions, stupid freebirth')
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #740 on: 12 January 2018, 22:25:35 »
I managed to get a little Falcon painting in today!  Nothing terribly significant, just base coats on a quartet of relatively newly acquired minis.  A Locust IIC, Snow Fox, Cauldron-Born, and Shrike.  They'll end up in Zeta Galaxy colors, when all is said and done.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #741 on: 15 January 2018, 00:55:22 »

Would've been ironic had Marthe Pryde been piloting a Hellbringer when she was assassinated.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #742 on: 15 January 2018, 14:42:13 »
Watching local Science Channel yesterday, shows called What on Earth?.

Episode had a strange tower next to another tower, which turned out to be a shallow depression. Which turns out to be a human bone pit buried. Practice called for the deceased to be eaten on the tower by carrion birds, average 30 mins or so by several to be picked clean.

Why am I typing this you ask?

Its called a Sky burial. Somewhat akin to slamming a Combat Jumpship into a planet to wipe out your enemies. ( Practice was abandon about 50 or so years ago... lasted since 1000 or so. )

Just make sure you I am IlKhan! as you do it, otherwise who would challenge you?  >:D

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #743 on: 15 January 2018, 15:07:59 »
I do not see how you equate the two here, but YMMV.

Fun fact, the Mongols were amongst those that practiced sky burials.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #744 on: 15 January 2018, 15:14:51 »
Clan Jade Falcon crashing a Warship unto a Planet.

Falcon is a Carrion Bird...

Sky Burial is a rite of being eaten ( crashed warship ) by a ( Jade ) Falcon.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #745 on: 15 January 2018, 15:23:50 »
Hmm, as I understand it, falcons are primarily hunters, not carrion-eaters. Eagles or ravens, sure, but not falcons.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #746 on: 28 February 2018, 11:36:39 »
So I'm trying to build a force for my group's usual 6k free-for-all. My first deal is that I want to run a pair of Turk-Es, because I designed the frigging things, it's about time I use them. Unfortunately, this only leaves 2310 BV for my ground forces, likely a single mech. So I need a lone mech that can survive on a battlefield against multiple greatly superior enemy forces.

My thinking is a mech that can avoid getting surrounded, either by being very maneuverable or staying at range, or both. Missile racks would be handy for popping smoke, to limit the number of units that can shoot at me at the same time. Any thoughts?

So far, my ideas include the Masakari B(a little over BV, but close enough), Thor B or AA, Loki E, Vulture F, Night Gyr B, Black Lanner Prime or A, Shadow Cat A, or Flamberge Prime.
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #747 on: 28 February 2018, 12:21:59 »
Flamberge Prime or Night Gyr B, for the flavour.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #748 on: 28 February 2018, 14:38:36 »
I'm always in favor of the Flamberge.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #749 on: 28 February 2018, 15:24:46 »
Paired Kit Fox E or a mix of E and S?

Might be able to fudge the piloting to squeeze in a Point or two of cheap BA?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse