Author Topic: Miniatures of the Fortnight #87: Huntsman (Nobori-nin) and Supernova  (Read 1663 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Once upon a time, we were introduced to the mystical Clan Nova Cat.  The Invading Clans sourcebook gave us our first real look at them.  And, ultimately, we learned they had a thing for Clan ER Large Lasers.

The two 'Mechs for Clan Nova Cat in that sourcebook were the Huntsman (Nobori-nin), previously seen in the Luthien scenario book, and the Supernova (or "What happens if we make a Clan Awesome but with cERLLs?").  I've always been fond of the Huntsman, but I have questionable taste.  I had a friend who was fond of the Supernova.  Despite either of these, I'm no expert on their use in game, so check out their 'Mech of the Week articles (Huntsman (Nobori-nin) and Supernova).

Like many of the other 'Mechs from Invading Clans (and reprinted in Technical Readout: 3058), each of these 'Mechs only has a single sculpt:If you have any of these painted up, please share pictures.  We'd love to see them!

Thank you for reading!  And especially to those of you who will post!

Our next two fortnights will be:
  • Mixed (2/10): Guillotine and Guillotine IIC
  • Mixed (2/24): Black Thorns Edition: Grendel, Shadow Cat, and Shootist
« Last Edit: 30 January 2020, 22:52:03 by Xiwo Xerase »

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
I've got one Supernova.  Made an attempt at Clan Cloud Cobra Zeta Galaxy.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Luciora

• Major
Apparently my Huntsman is a Fire Mandril Kindra Faraday-Tanaga mech, and the Supernova is a Jade Falcon unit.  I also have a kitbashed Supernova, painted up like a halloween crab and modified to the MWO hero mech Boiler.

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
One of each.
The Huntsman is part of a Diamond Shark Beta galaxy unit.
The Supernova is painted in my personal definition of clan Hell's Horses Delta camouflage.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Anyone got a Huntsman H?  Its my favorite for that design.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Wotan

• Lieutenant
There is a Supernova in standard Nova Cat camo. And one Supernova for my Star Adder Tau Galaxy.

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Here are three Nobori-Nin, a Prime from Smoke Jaguar Delta Galaxy, an A from Smoke Jaguar Beta Galaxy, and a Prime from Diamond Shark Omega Galaxy.

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Here's three Supernovas, from Goliath Scorpion Delta Galaxy, Smoke Jaguar Jaguar's Den, and Hell's Horses Alpha Keshik.

Register