Author Topic: Miniatures of the Fortnight #93: Black Lanner and Night Gyr  (Read 1652 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
This fortnight, we look at the Jade Falcons' remaining new toys from Technical Readout: 3058, the Black Lanner and Night Gyr.  I'm not entirely sure why I've never used either of these (although the art for the Black Lanner left a bit to be desired).  If you'd like to know how to use them in game, I refer you to the experts who gave you the 'Mech of the Week articles (Black Lanner and Night Gyr).

Like many of the 'Mechs from 3058, there haven't been many sculpts for either 'Mech.  The Black Lanner only has two:The Night Gyr only has one sculpt.

If you have any of these birds'Mechs painted, please share pictures.  We'd love to see them!

As always, thank you for reading and a special thank you to those who post pictures.

Our next two fortnights will be:
  • Inner Sphere (5/11): Raven and Raven II
  • Mixed (5/25): Highlander and Highlander IIC

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
Re: Miniatures of the Fortnight #93: Black Lanner and Night Gyr
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2020, 05:15:16 »
As usual one of each.
Black Lanner Prime in colors of the Blood Spirit Tau galaxy.
Night Gyr as part of clan Jade Falcon's Iota galaxy.
Additional picture: actually the Night Gyr was one of the worst castings in my possession ever. It looked like an Alien broke through its chest. Thanks to a friend i got a workable torso as replacement.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2020, 21:39:11 »
One of each for me, both Jade Falcon Delta Galaxy.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2020, 01:35:23 »
Night Gyr configuration list, and some heavily modified Black lanners, with Timberwolf's legs and square side torsos (like on FM Crusader clans cover).

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2020, 15:31:07 »
Always a pleasure to see your work, Siberian Troll. :thumbsup:

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2020, 20:07:17 »
2 each from me.  Black Lanner Prime and D as well as the Night Gyr Prime and D. 

I'm guessing I went for Jade Falcon-ish schemes originally, while the Gyr D was supposed to be a Burrock scheme.

Register