Author Topic: Motorcycle unit Rules  (Read 1706 times)

AWAD

• Private
Motorcycle unit Rules
« on: 16 July 2012, 16:41:07 »
Motorcycle Rules

This Thread, http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,18782.0.html,  made me go find the folder, floppy disk purge, and I found my old Motorcycle rules.

I made this up for a really back water (as in middle of nowhere)  planet. For some reason the Motorized and Mechanized Infantry rules never ever sat with me right. So I made my own up.
Use Battle Armor Rules for being targeted, and damage. Move like normal vehicles and use Mech firing arcs.  Motorcycle units count as infantry for stacking purposes. They can not physical attack but can be physical attacked. They can enter buildings, normal move modifiers for going through them, no changing levels.   Movement restrictions are same as the motive type of regular vehicles. Area affect weapons like artillery affect all elements in the unit. Armor, weapons, and the likes were all arbitrary. When Iron Winds released those Mechanized minis this seemed to fit like a glove.

Really have not looked to see how this works in TW or Tact Ops. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Buggy- (4 Units)
Move: 6/9
Armor: 6
Weapon: GyroJet
Range 1/2-4/5-9
Damage: 1

Tracked Trike- (5 Units)
Armor: 4
Weapon: MG
Range: 1/2/3
Damage: 2

Wheeled Trike- (5 Units)
Armor: 4
Weapon: Laser
Range: 1/2/3

Cycle- (6 Units)
Move: 8/12
Armor 3
Weapon: Missile
Range: 1-2/3-4/5-6

Hover Sled- .(4 Units)
Move 10/15 
Armor 3
Weapon: Laser
Range: 1-2/3-4/5
Damage: 3
Secondary- 2 Grenade Launchers loaded with any ammo- Smoke, Frag, Incendiary-
Real Men Drive Locusts

Adjust, Adapt, Overcome, or be Crushed

Kathil Uhlans

• Sergeant
Re: Motorcycle unit Rules
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2012, 18:57:16 »
That actually looks pretty good, and might also be a way to more accurately represent the formations of smaller APCs and jeeps used by Motorized and Mechanized Infantry units, as the only thing I can ever think of that fits the current Motorized Infantry Rules are rifle-toting segway riders.
All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, Cowerer of Dainmar Liao, Creator of the Model Army, Rescuer of Robinson, Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team!  May her light ever guide the Sons of the Suns, May their Daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

I deeply respect what the many beliefs have brought mankind over the millenia, but I often feel that major religions are a bit like flowers in a bed of manure: the stench from all the evil acts committed in their name tends to overpower the good that comes from them. - Lucian Davion

Register