Author Topic: Force Selection Advice: Total Chaos - Game On!  (Read 888 times)

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
Force Selection Advice: Total Chaos - Game On!
« on: 04 October 2015, 15:43:30 »
So my Brotherhood of Outreach (I know, a name that just screams, "Try and kill us WoBblies!") is getting ready to face off against the Word of Blake on Solaris VII.
The mission allows me to take up to 50% of my available forces. My buddy and I have been using number of units in the force as our benchmark for what we can take. So for this mission, I can have 8 out of my 17 units.

The mission will take place with Light Sand, and Blowing Sand Options. (So Moderate Gale wind conditions.)

My mission objectives are to protect two Light Level 1 CF 25 buildings - already worrisome, because buildings are really easy to destroy, and destroy/ cripple/ drive off the enemy force. OpFor is combined-arms force that is 120% of my force (We use BV instead of number of units here), and Veterans. Which makes things even better, I'm outskilled and outweighed/ gunned. My saving grace is that two of my units can be deployed hidden.

I have two forces I'm considering, both rely heavily on moving hovers behind his units and using those to disrupt him from attacking the buildings.

Both forces have the following units:
WTC-4M Watchman (3/3)
BSW-S2 Bushwacker (4/5) (1 ton Cluster, 1 ton Solid shot, LBX. SRMs are Inferno)
Drillson (3/4)
Bandit G (3/4)
Foot Rifle (Ballistic) Platoon (4/ No antimech training)

List A, which deploys the two 'Mechs as hidden units also includes:
Drillson (4/4)
Drillson (4/6)
Drillson (SRM) (4/6)

List B, which deploys the Von Luckner and Bushwacker as hidden units includes:
Pegasus Scout Hovercraft (Standard) (3/4)
Pegasus Scout Hovercraft (Standard) (3/4)
Von Luckner K65N (4/5) (Precision AC/20 Ammo)

My total skill adjusted BV2 is roughly about 8300, I think, giving him about 10K BV2 to make his force. (7300 BV2 ish, once you adjust down for 3/4 Mechwarriors and Vee Crews)

So the question, and advice I seek:
Should I bother with the single platoon of infantry, and bring another combat unit instead?
Which list seems more capable of performing the task I am required to do?
Is my choice of what to deploy as hidden units solid, or should I reconsider?
Heck, looking at the Brotherhood (see the link...) is my choice of what units to take decent?

I also have a question on rule interpretation, but that has to wait until I get home.

Register