Author Topic: The Scorpion Empire: All your Warhawks are belong to us  (Read 94452 times)

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
The Scorpion Empire: All your Warhawks are belong to us
« on: 04 November 2021, 04:45:43 »
The continuation of the Imperial thread. Happy posting!

Perhaps this can be considered the Imperial-exclusive version of the Chatterweb.

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
Re: The Scorpion Empire: All your Warhawks are belong to us
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2021, 05:18:56 »
All hail the Zarkhan! Now she can lead us with the assistance of Star Dreadnok!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2021, 05:52:44 »
What is the Star Dreadnok? Where can I get one!  :drool:
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2021, 08:13:30 »
Scorpions! 

Sound off.  We have a new home.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2021, 08:15:24 »
So, anyone knows whats the current color scheme for seekers now? I got my Clan Invasion box and the CGS are the clan i can stand the most. Its a shame Gamma died during the WoR, love the scheme.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2021, 08:30:11 »
All hail the Zarkhan! Now she can lead us with the assistance of Star Dreadnok!

Now I want some Scorpion Seekers stumble upon an abandoned Dreadnought Warship, refurbish it and then appear above Terra reenacting James McKenna's "Surrender or we will turn you into your miserable atoms" speech
Not realisitc since all Dreadnoughts are long gone but it would be funny
« Last Edit: 04 November 2021, 08:39:57 by Metallgewitter »

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2021, 08:32:34 »
If the Scorpions could manage to find a mothballed Texas-class, it would be even funnier.  The Revenge of Texas!

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • COMING SOON to Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2021, 08:41:03 »
So, anyone knows whats the current color scheme for seekers now? I got my Clan Invasion box and the CGS are the clan i can stand the most. Its a shame Gamma died during the WoR, love the scheme.

Same as Chi Galaxy until/unless stated otherwise.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2021, 09:55:56 »
Same as Chi Galaxy until/unless stated otherwise.

uses a practical scheme of browns with golden yellow accents. They do not yet display insignia. Warriors are permitted to decorate their preferred dueling weapon with a bright green 'poison' desig

So basically diferent shades of browns camo with golden yellow accents?
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #9 on: 04 November 2021, 11:54:02 »
Don't mind me, just squeezing by...

Watch Commander Pi
Clan Stone Lion
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 04 November 2021, 15:58:55 »
I'm not thrilled with any of the current Scorpion paint schemes, which is a problem because I want to continue painting up mechs for them.  I liked Delta's scheme, but they didn't survive the Reavings.  I consider Alpha to be acceptable.

Longstrider

• Corporal
« Reply #11 on: 04 November 2021, 17:54:07 »
Carrying over my thought from the last thread:

I do see what you mean, ARR, about the possibility that CGS's potential view of itself as a star-league-in-exile isn't meant to be a legal claim but rather than an aspirational idea. That said, I do think they probably will need to be politically savvy about it or else Alaric and his flunkies might get mad about it.

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 04 November 2021, 22:02:30 »
I'm not thrilled with any of the current Scorpion paint schemes, which is a problem because I want to continue painting up mechs for them.  I liked Delta's scheme, but they didn't survive the Reavings.  I consider Alpha to be acceptable.

I'm wondering if they have new uniforms?  I can't remember if that was in the scorpian empire PDF, I'll have to go look.  Hopefully they keep the knives and get something new.  Do any of the clans wear kilts?  kilts might be fun.  :D

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 04 November 2021, 22:29:50 »
I'm wondering if they have new uniforms?  I can't remember if that was in the scorpian empire PDF, I'll have to go look.  Hopefully they keep the knives and get something new.  Do any of the clans wear kilts?  kilts might be fun.  :D

I’m sure the Falcons will be rocking them soon. Kilts don’t really go with any of the GS founding ‘stereotypes’ either.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 04 November 2021, 22:54:29 »

Considering they have freeborns and trueborns from former members of Ice Hellion and Eridani Light Horse that still celebrate their origins there could be groups honouring their fallen comrades.  Use Delta if you like it I won’t oppose it.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #15 on: 05 November 2021, 00:40:22 »
Carrying over my thought from the last thread:

I do see what you mean, ARR, about the possibility that CGS's potential view of itself as a star-league-in-exile isn't meant to be a legal claim but rather than an aspirational idea. That said, I do think they probably will need to be politically savvy about it or else Alaric and his flunkies might get mad about it.

Yup, an idea to aspire to.

I doubt Alaric and his associates will mind. In fact, with the weakened Wolves, Alaric needs all the potential troops he can get, so the Empire will be negotiating from a position of strength.

phoenixalpha

• Warrant Officer
  • For God, Prince Davion & the Federated Suns
« Reply #16 on: 05 November 2021, 08:15:53 »
I’m sure the Falcons will be rocking them soon. Kilts don’t really go with any of the GS founding ‘stereotypes’ either.

Nice yellow & green kilts :)
I'm sure that none of the Falcon bloodnamed would be able to claim a tartan from a Scottish bloodline.

Maybe Bailey (if they fix the spelling)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #17 on: 05 November 2021, 09:07:28 »
I wonder what color tartans the Chi Li Bloodhouse will wear?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #18 on: 05 November 2021, 21:50:50 »
Plenty of Warhawks in the Catalyst store.  For now...

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #19 on: 06 November 2021, 10:53:43 »
They gone

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 06 November 2021, 15:17:33 »
I missed out on obtaining more Warhawks, sadly. Managed to nab some other 'Mechs that should hopefully fit with my Scorpions at least.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Stormy

• Master Sergeant
  • Old is the New New
« Reply #21 on: 07 November 2021, 12:42:02 »
There’s always Mu Galaxy’s love of camouflage patterns too. And, admittedly, Ice Hellion had fun paint schemes.

To quote old Madonna: “Beauty’s where you find it.”  8)

Edit: ...and the Umayyads, for fun Omega and PGC stylings. 

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #22 on: 07 November 2021, 13:49:54 »
For me it's always been cameo, where appropriate and olive gray, as that has been the SLDF standard colour for the last 400+ years ago. Different shades of muted cameo added to the base olive gray has been my norm for awhile now.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #23 on: 08 November 2021, 05:44:32 »
And you can always adapt Hanseatic Leauge camo patterns for form RDF bondsmen.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #24 on: 08 November 2021, 18:43:14 »

Feel the exact same for all points, but replace Delta with Gamma. I will say though, the Goliath Scorpions that appeared in Forever Faithful seemed to be doing their own thing rather than sticking to the Galaxy scheme, and a few descriptions almost sound like they were using Delta's scheme. Gives me hope a subunit or two might be borrowing Gamma's scheme in place of their official one.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #25 on: 09 November 2021, 17:02:42 »
Feel the exact same for all points, but replace Delta with Gamma. I will say though, the Goliath Scorpions that appeared in Forever Faithful seemed to be doing their own thing rather than sticking to the Galaxy scheme, and a few descriptions almost sound like they were using Delta's scheme. Gives me hope a subunit or two might be borrowing Gamma's scheme in place of their official one.

. . . the Galaxy Commander used a quad standard battlemech that had not even been invented yet so . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #26 on: 09 November 2021, 18:46:13 »
. . . the Galaxy Commander used a quad standard battlemech that had not even been invented yet so . . .

Huh? Rik Myers was definitely in a standard Fire Scorpion at Wayside V at the end of the book, and that has an intro date of 2852...
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #27 on: 09 November 2021, 20:45:30 »
You are right about his ride- still a Alpha Galaxy Commander not having a Omni . . . or the whole premier cluster of a Alpha Galaxy not being fitted out with Omnis- like FMWC says- is bonkers.  But it is a Arana in Myers keshik or working with it- built in 3087 when the Scorpions moved to the NC region- that I was thining of is in Chapter 35.  A Kodiak for the Scorps?

All in '62 though they would have had to leave Huntress in late '60 to '61 to follow Paul Moon & Co . . . Forever Faithful has continuity problems like a lot of the author's recent work.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

AJC46

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: 11 November 2021, 22:48:44 »
You are right about his ride- still a Alpha Galaxy Commander not having a Omni . . . or the whole premier cluster of a Alpha Galaxy not being fitted out with Omnis- like FMWC says- is bonkers.  But it is a Arana in Myers keshik or working with it- built in 3087 when the Scorpions moved to the NC region- that I was thining of is in Chapter 35.  A Kodiak for the Scorps?

All in '62 though they would have had to leave Huntress in late '60 to '61 to follow Paul Moon & Co . . . Forever Faithful has continuity problems like a lot of the author's recent work.

the presence of the Arana is either a error or it's a Battlemech grade prototype of what would eventually become the Tolva and the Emp scorp Arana was a watered down industrial mech grade stop-gag version until they could remake it to the proper battlemech specs

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #29 on: 12 November 2021, 01:37:58 »
the presence of the Arana is either a error or it's a Battlemech grade prototype of what would eventually become the Tolva and the Emp scorp Arana was a watered down industrial mech grade stop-gag version until they could remake it to the proper battlemech specs

Nothing of which was ever put out about the design.  Look at the FMWC/FMU for that formation- should be Omnis.  Further, the Jaguar cast-offs left on Wayside to die of old age?  Too many bloodnames and too many Omnis to be the desperate Jaguars.
Colt Ward

Register