Author Topic: Chainelane Isles  (Read 2121 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Chainelane Isles
« on: 14 January 2023, 21:16:01 »
Do we have anymore information on them, specifically if possible on their appropriate militaries, then ISP3 IE? The portion of that book ‘barely’ describes the capabilities of the independent factions in them and I was just wondering if their was a better approximation of what each world/pseudo-empire had (Battalion of tanks, Regiment, etc)

I’m going to guess the answer is no… but I haven’t really delved into the Periphery lore much

AlphaMirage

• Major
Re: Chainelane Isles
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2023, 09:13:13 »
Not that I'm aware of which is a shame as it makes a very fascinating little playground for mercs and spies. I think that is pseudo intentional on behalf of the developers

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2023, 20:21:54 »
As of Spotlight On: Hellion Keshik, Clan Goliath Scorpion has a holding in the Chaine Cluster, to which they are in the process of establishing an HPG link back from the Scorpion Empire proper.

Depending on how much progress the Scorpions make with this effort, coupled with whatever further progress (if any) the Sea Foxes make with their attempts to get the Inner Sphere and near Periphery HPG network back up and running, the Chainelanes could soon mark an important waypoint for sustained contact between the Empire and the new IlClan's would-be Star League.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2023, 20:42:32 by Nerroth »

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2023, 21:30:54 »
As of Spotlight On: Hellion Keshik, Clan Goliath Scorpion has a holding in the Chaine Cluster, to which they are in the process of establishing an HPG link back from the Scorpion Empire proper.

Depending on how much progress the Scorpions make with this effort, coupled with whatever further progress (if any) the Sea Foxes make with their attempts to get the Inner Sphere and near Periphery HPG network back up and running, the Chainelanes could soon mark an important waypoint for sustained contact between the Empire and the new IlClan's would-be Star League.

Or a point of conflict between the Scorpions and Sea Foxes.  Either way the Chainelanes may be more interesting than even during the initial Clan Invasion.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2023, 01:53:51 »
i think that points of conflict would depend on whether the Scoprions get too close to the Seafox held worlds within the cluster proper.

and as far as the equipment.. we know that they can't build their own mechs. my guess is that native production levels for vehicles, fighters, and etc would be at age of war tech. and you could probably use the canon age of war tanks and such to fill their forces out. with perhaps a few rare succession wars tech units leftover from when it was in the RWR or obtained via trade.

i also suspect that the Sharkfoxes, who have set up their holdings there as major industrial sites, are making a killing selling equipment to the locals. i could see them loading cheap IS surplus into ships heading back to the cluster, selling said IS surplus at premium prices to the locals, then loading the ships up with clantech goodies to ship back to the IS for sale there.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2023, 02:00:03 by glitterboy2098 »

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2023, 07:52:38 »
i think that points of conflict would depend on whether the Scoprions get too close to the Seafox held worlds within the cluster proper.

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and Clanners gotta fight.  The only difference is how civil they are with each other.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #6 on: 16 January 2023, 08:03:45 »
Tamar Rising has a brief mention of Snord’s Irregulars having “raised a ruckus” while trading with the Sea Foxes in the Chainlane Isles, resulting in getting a good discount.  It’s not clear if Sneede stole items or Trialed for a price reduction.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • COMING SOON to Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #7 on: 16 January 2023, 12:53:27 »

Correll not good enough for you?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2023, 14:20:37 »
Not that I'm aware of which is a shame as it makes a very fascinating little playground for mercs and spies. I think that is pseudo intentional on behalf of the developers

Shame but I figured. I was hoping someone had an obscure source of knowledge from somewhere.

I’m doing a project on the Galaxy at large and they’re one of the last few areas close to the IS I haven’t finished. Thanks.

As of Spotlight On: Hellion Keshik, Clan Goliath Scorpion has a holding in the Chaine Cluster, to which they are in the process of establishing an HPG link back from the Scorpion Empire .

Between that and the other Field Manuals listing CSF forces I’ve got a ‘decent’ picture of Clan forces although for this specific project I’m just focusing on the Chainelane Isles local forces. But between that and the Hanseatic Crusade TP you get a LOT about the Scorpions.