Author Topic: Taurian Concordat - Calderon Protectorate wedding  (Read 2494 times)

Jeyar123

• Corporal
Taurian Concordat - Calderon Protectorate wedding
« on: 21 June 2023, 17:58:11 »
So, while it is a ways away anyone else excited about the proposed TC-CP wedding? I know I am, not that weddings in the Btech universe are generally happy events, but I'm looking at it as negative times negative might yield a positive. :D

Also I was wondering about something I was told but doubted (sounded surprising). Is it true or at least in print (lol) that at least one of the 2 is clantech genetically engineered, and if so into what? Also where was it? I've looked all over but couldn't find this. 😂

Not against it, but since one of the last things I heard before being run off was the TC becoming a self made "clan" it seemed more like old rumors resurrecting.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Re: Taurian Concordat - Calderon Protectorate wedding
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2023, 05:38:32 »
The Taurians have been smashed to smithens for too long. this could be used to make them make a significant comeback. Maybe even expanding into the Fronc reaches so they start being part of the general narrative (border with Tortuga, Suns, Capellans, Canopus, and even near the FWL are aof influence, instread of a footnote.

.... And now I have to make that into head fan fiction....

- Taurians marry Calderon Protectorate.
- They think it is a good idea, and a few years later they ofer to join with the Fronc Reaches. The Fronc agrees as the leadership of the Concordat has changed and the agreement is quite eaqaul footing. The fact that they get access to the Concordat factories is a clear selling point.
- they end up merging.
- the canopians and Capellans do not like that, as the Fronc and Concordat colonize and control the >Capellan marches, that become part of their  turf.
- The capellans cannot do much about it, as they are messed up dealing with the IlClan (more the IlClan than the IlKhan, really...) and consider this a minir thing. By the time they look arounf the capellan marches are no longer Capellan. And with the renewed (for sure) Fedsuns and the FWL actually _encouraging_ them to look at the Fronc Taurians they feel this miught not be the best idea.
- The Canopians become the de facvto enemies of this faction, as the Suns are not so worried about them.

Obviously the problem with it all is that is that the differnet factions are too spread, so it does not really work, but as an idea it is nice :)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2023, 10:25:43 »
Leaving off two things, one the status of the Aurigan Coalition . . . mostly, we still do not know how that goes after 3030.

Fronc also seems to have gone their own way, moving in to secure Herotitus in the Dark Age with Marshalls stationed on the world.  They might have started as a Taurian spin-off but that was what, 100 years ago?  They also know the Taurians ally ended up with Detroit . . . and had a flag with that reminder made.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2023, 11:46:29 »
So, while it is a ways away anyone else excited about the proposed TC-CP wedding? I know I am, not that weddings in the Btech universe are generally happy events, but I'm looking at it as negative times negative might yield a positive. :D

Also I was wondering about something I was told but doubted (sounded surprising). Is it true or at least in print (lol) that at least one of the 2 is clantech genetically engineered, and if so into what? Also where was it? I've looked all over but couldn't find this. 😂

Not against it, but since one of the last things I heard before being run off was the TC becoming a self made "clan" it seemed more like old rumors resurrecting.

smiles in mul consolidation of factions

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Jeyar123

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2023, 01:40:09 »
We've had worlds disappear from the map while still having viable populations. Multiple times - so I figure that Something is still out there in the "tween" space the others don't claim.

So back to the wedding.  ;D

Do you think it will be allowed to happen?

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2023, 05:59:04 »
The question is who might be against it? The Suns can't do much about it and they just had one of their March Lords do something stupid with the Concordat and payed the price. Plus they probably hope the Protectorate takes over who are much more friendly to them.

The Capellans are laser focused on whoever sits on Terra at the moment while the Canopians are dealing with the Hegemony. It might spell trouble for the Capellans as they also preyed on their one time ally but in all honesty even a reunified Concordat doesn't have the manpower to strike the Capellans except perhaps some minor raids without exposing their own realm to pirates.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2023, 11:37:31 »
The question is who might be against it?

Probably some other Taurians. Who else would even care at this point?
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2023, 15:49:50 »
Filtvelt might not be too keen on it . . . the Aurigan Coalition or whatever state might exist in it's place and the Fronc Reaches since Filtvelt & Fronc would have at least a closer parity to the current Taurian nation than if the two parts got back together to reform to their old size.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2023, 15:58:05 »
Oh, so a couple of regions that matter even less than the Taurians do these days might care. I stand corrected. ;D
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Jeyar123

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2023, 18:31:34 »
Well, I suppose that is one way to look at things. However the fiction is also filled with bad things happening to the innocent, even the weak, just because they (the ones who made that happen) could - star league, comstar, word of blake and all the clans.

So I suppose I should say my "they" is now more meta - will the powers that be in the real world allow it as a part of fiction? What's your guess?

My view is even growing grass is more interesting than lifeless mud - but that very view is what has gotten me into trouble before. Even so, while I think the TC being around is a good thing and more interesting than the alternative, some LIKE doing all they can to hurt others, feel superior when they can urinate on a canvas and call it art and things of similar nature, so anything is possible.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #10 on: 28 June 2023, 19:56:19 »
No mention of the Protectorate in Dominions Divided during the Taurian troubles so . . .
Colt Ward

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #11 on: 28 June 2023, 22:15:54 »
Leaving off two things, one the status of the Aurigan Coalition . . . mostly, we still do not know how that goes after 3030.
i kinda wish we'd get an update, but i understand that HBS ought to get the main say in that.

that said, given most of the Aurigan territory seems to be bypassed by the other powers in the region, aside from individual worlds on the borders, and this happens all the way through to about 3130, i'd guess they survived, just never grew into anything notable. (between 3095 and 3130, those worlds seem to have been gobbled up by the Capcon and Magistracy.

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 29 June 2023, 09:16:54 »
Crossing my fingers but the devs just have it in for the Periphery.

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 29 June 2023, 14:30:21 »

In my humble opinion they should be making even more small periphery factions not reducing their number

It's not like existence of Aurigans, Fronc, Marians and others way out there will impact main storyline plus having them around can be good foundation for some future yet to be conceptualized stories   

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #14 on: 29 June 2023, 14:43:16 »

They do not have it in . . . they just do not matter, which some fans of factions in the Periphery take personally.  Heck, they are using the Scorpion Empire to restore the HPGs for the Inner Sphere.  We also have the Horses' Barrens festering and the Rim Collective growing, so the periphery gets attention as it matters to the story of the Inner Sphere.
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #15 on: 29 June 2023, 18:05:51 »
In my humble opinion they should be making even more small periphery factions not reducing their number

More new and superfluous factions being created means less attention being focused on the ones that already exist. Hardest of passes.

Jeyar123

• Corporal
« Reply #16 on: 29 June 2023, 18:12:46 »
So... Why are you posting in the periphery section?

In any case, i'm tentatively going to put you down as "yes" it will happen.😂

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #17 on: 29 June 2023, 18:17:33 »
So... Why are you posting in the periphery section?

Because we can be fans of the Periphery without having to subscribe to every single idea that other fans present.  ;)

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #18 on: 30 June 2023, 10:20:41 »
**Mod Notice**

Hey there, Periphery Party People!

Just dropping by with a friendly reminder of Rule 1. Yes, it even applies all the way out to the Periphery states.

1. Proper Conduct
Confront an opinion, rather than a person; personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated. Proper conduct includes treating each other with respect.

The posting of messages or materials that are obscene, abusive, discriminatory or threatening in nature, or designed to harass or intimidate another person are not tolerated.

We encourage lively debate about a number of topics, however when you object to a post to the point where you intend to attack the poster, contact the Moderators. The post may also be objectionable to us, in which case a heated response will just get you in trouble as well.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Moderators directly, or by using the “Report To Moderator” button available at the bottom right of any post.

Some posts in this thread have been removed. Nobody is in trouble and no warnings are being issued. But please keep in mind that direct confrontation is not going to fly.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2023, 10:22:28 by ActionButler »
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Jeyar123

• Corporal
« Reply #19 on: 02 July 2023, 20:58:48 »
Soo...

Seriously, any thoughts on the wedding? I know I am super enthusiastic about its potential.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 03 July 2023, 12:27:19 »
hopefully it will be the rebirth of the old Taurian Concordat, maybe this time with less Paranoid about the FS and maybe more Paranoid about the Moc and CC.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 05 July 2023, 08:38:56 »
considering the ruler will be a Calderon who has not experienced any problems with the Fed suns (in fact actually cooperated with filtvelt and the Periphery Matrch in combating pirates) I would assume it might be a rather quiet rule. Of course there is still the lingering "Star League's gonna coming for you!" in the air should a real Star League ever be formed and the need for another punching bag arise.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: 05 July 2023, 09:47:00 »
Soo...

Seriously, any thoughts on the wedding? I know I am super enthusiastic about its potential.

I think its a win-win for both leaderships. Doru knows that he as a kind of "dictator" Protector, lacks the legitimacy to the taurian people that the Calderon family have, but he also wants to keep some of his power, and the CP Calderons know they need him to get back to power in Taurus. Now, both leaderships seems to be of the pragmatic type, and in view of the recent Hasek-made disaster, the Davion boogyman image have lost its luster i think. If the Taurians would direct their aggresivity to kinda cement their renewed national pride, it would be against pirates like the Pirate Heaven´s Cluster, or, if they show real weakness thanks to the conflict with the CW/IlClan and MoC/Andurien alliance, against the Capellans.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #23 on: 05 July 2023, 11:51:50 »
I think it will finally bring a reconciliation between both Taurian factions and make future attacks by ambitious
Davion nobles harder.  Then the Taurians can get more access to those sweet Davion toys and we can finally get an updated Talos for the ilClan era.

Jeyar123

• Corporal
« Reply #24 on: 08 July 2023, 15:58:18 »
In a way the few faction-faction marriages in btech all had different things associated with them- in a sense what they could say they embody or claim a title: starting a war (FS-LC), being reduced to a pet (CW-FC), opening a door to the IS (MoC-CC). There are a few others (Freedom, Massacre and Embracing family values?). Hope you can see my trend here as there aren't all that many.

While the TC CP are technically at odds, we've had in btech smaller factions roll out larger military forces and flip the switch from enemy to ally (and the reverse) with greater finality so I can't see this wedding getting to embody peace. I'm not knocking peace, even if the TC falls off the radar because of it. However to really get that "This wedding Embodies the "peace/love" whatever feeling, I don't think the TC-CP fighting ends can claim it. The "Peace" label I mean - at least not alone, and I don't think I can imagine a way they can... placate enough space to claim that title. Or at least not without my natural embrace of the absurd. Does anyone else get what I mean here?  :)

Pondering Radish

• Recruit
  • Generic Motivational Phrase 3, Upbeat Tone 2.
« Reply #25 on: 20 July 2023, 19:11:58 »
I mean, I think it would be funny if the Taurians took a page from the spookiest Davion there ever was, Hanse, to launch an invasion of the Capella Confederation at the wedding. The Laconis Front needs to be pushed back into the Capellan Confederation, and CapCon will be recovering from Terra at the time. I also just think it would be strange but funny to have the Capellans attacked twice during a wedding. But that's just me. I mostly look forward to the Taurian Concordat being a major Periphery faction again, and one that can slightly impact the Inner Sphere. And I always hope for more TauCon mechs.

Register