Author Topic: (Answered) Reconfiguring Omni units (TC,WoR,CC)  (Read 1557 times)

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
(Answered) Reconfiguring Omni units (TC,WoR,CC)
« on: 24 March 2018, 22:52:27 »
In the various products that use the Chaos Campaign Warchest/Support point system, there is the option to Reconfigure a Omnimech/Vehicle/Aerospace Fighter. Obvious this allows you to modify the unit from any configuration to another (example, Mad Cat Primary to Mad Cat D configuration) but i have a couple questions for my campaign. I'm asking because the repair rules in Strategic Operations (SO, Pg. 166-199) is not specific enough (especially in regards to doing Support Point expenditures).

1) Does reconfiguring a Omni-unit potentially repair it, as is?

2) If you are tracking parts (spare parts, extra parts, stockpiles, specific location Omni Pods, etc.), does the parts that are replaced during reconfiguring constitute repairs (as replacements)

3) If an Omni-unit took damage (armor damage, internal structure damage and critical damage to specific items) to locations that would be swapped during reconfiguring (example: armor damage to the Mad Cat Primary LA, Armor & Internal Damage to the RA and a Critical hit to the LRM-20 via a Tandem-Charge SRM), would those locations be considered repaired if the Omni-pods were replaced?

Ref: Chaos Campaign Pg. 5 of 9; Total Chaos Pg. 17; The Wars of Reaving, Pg. 246

« Last Edit: 21 November 2018, 03:15:50 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Reconfiguring Omni units (TC,WoR,CC)
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2018, 11:09:21 »
1. You must repair prior to reconfiguration.

2. Please provide an example of what you mean.  Presume a PPC that took 1 critical damage.

3. Swapping omnipods never affects armor or internals.  For better or worse.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0