Author Topic: The Art of War: Home of the Capellan Confederation!  (Read 142076 times)

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Re: The Art of War: Home of the Capellan Confederation!
« Reply #360 on: 15 March 2019, 00:18:16 »
The HotHammer was probably a mod, tweaking WarHammers already in inventory.

Bingo. Don't need no factory to swap in some flamers, my friend!  >:D

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #361 on: 15 March 2019, 13:32:32 »
Then please explain the HotHammer... if it was a post 4th production... as the above clearly states.

TT

Replacing 2 MG + 1 ton of ammo with 2 Flamers is a Class B (Field) refit.  Technically it can be carried out during normal field repair operations, you don't even need the support of a 'Mech transport bay, let alone a dedicated facility.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #362 on: 15 March 2019, 17:17:26 »
Is a modification of the 1L purchased from the Combine. Since they're not making the mech, does that really count as a CapCon production?

Factory-level refit, so there's an assembly line.  Just not a complete one.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #363 on: 23 August 2019, 22:33:09 »
Okay, Capellan experts - anyone got any clue on what uniforms the St ives Compact used, during it's brief adolescent period flirting with the House from the wrong side of the tracks?

Wondering if they kept Capellan uniform styles, used castoff Feddie stuff, or a mixture of both? Looking to paint up some infantry for the 2nd St Ives.

Thanks in advance!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #364 on: 23 August 2019, 23:06:54 »
2nd St. Ives Lancers ~ The insignia of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry is an orange sunburst set against an inverted blue double pyramid, with the Cavalry paint scheme a standard gray-tinted green, the Second Lancers highlighting this with jade. The insignia of the Second shows two rearing horses on a green field facing each other, wearing ivory crowns.

2nd St. Ives Sentinels~ In 3025, a stylized Vedette tank on a white field.
In 3063, a stylized tank set against an inverted green triangle.

These are the official emblems WT.

For uniforms... the above with this:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Uniforms_of_the_CCAF

Mostly cameo!
TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #365 on: 24 August 2019, 00:10:05 »
Got the 'Mech & vehicle paintjobs under control, TT, but thanks. Just wondering how to paint the St ives infantry.

Will go CCAF standard; thus they can probably serve as Compact or Commonality troops.

W.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #366 on: 24 August 2019, 12:13:38 »
Did you read closely about the color schemes?

Senior Officers - same as Non-Coms + Black Helmets, Black Leggings, Black Vests and Silver-Black belts.

Non-Coms - Dark Green uniforms, Green Shoulder packs with White straps and Dark Green Vests with Black belts.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #367 on: 24 August 2019, 15:20:51 »
Repainting DA infantry; some of that level of detail isn't going to be seen. But thanks!

Known Glitch

• Warrant Officer
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
« Reply #368 on: 01 September 2020, 17:14:07 »
Has the Xin Sheng spirit completely left this place?  Just because those Kuritan Hòuwèi abandoned us on Northwind, it does not mean that the Celestial Wisdom does not have a greater plan for us to defeat the Devil Stone and his Fed Scum allies once and for all!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #369 on: 25 September 2020, 08:47:53 »
Oh my, thread Necromancy after a year off....

Strange considering what a position of power House Liao is in currently, kerfuffles with Clan Sea Fox notwithstanding.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #370 on: 07 October 2020, 02:19:55 »
I'm currently putting together a TO&E for a 3147-ish iteration of Kingston's Rangers, and because I want some variety and the Capellan fanbase is pretty wide, I thought I'd put this out there: what are some of your favorite augmented lances? This is an A-rated regiment, so feel free to get nasty.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #371 on: 07 October 2020, 17:39:31 »
For a standard augmented, I rather like:

Tian-Zong N1, Cataphract 4L, Victor 10L, Lao Hu 4E, Pixiu (x2)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #372 on: 08 October 2020, 00:33:12 »
Oooh, nice, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. Thanks!

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #373 on: 08 October 2020, 11:20:42 »
I'm currently putting together a TO&E for a 3147-ish iteration of Kingston's Rangers, and because I want some variety and the Capellan fanbase is pretty wide, I thought I'd put this out there: what are some of your favorite augmented lances? This is an A-rated regiment, so feel free to get nasty.

These links may help:

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/ground-combat/help-me-build-an-augmented-capellan-command-(republicdark-age-era)/msg612116/#msg612116

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/non-canon-units/paget's-dragoons-1st-batt-toe-46418/msg1070309/#msg1070309
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #374 on: 10 October 2020, 00:26:54 »
Okay, I'm at 16 of 19 lances, currently. I need three more. Gonna post what I've got here and see if anyone has any suggestions to fill in those last three.

Marauder II MAD-4L
Pillager PLG-4Z
Pillager PLG-5L
Pillager PLG-5L
Arrow IV Assault Vehicle
Arrow IV Assault Vehicle

Yu Huang Y-H10G
Yu Huang Y-H9G
Yu Huang Y-H9G
Yu Huang Y-H11G
Moltke M2
Moltke M2

Tian-zong TNZ-N3
Victor VTR-10L
Cataphract CTF-4L
Lao Hu LHU-4E
Pixiu Heavy Tank
Pixiu Heavy Tank

Penetrator PTR-6T
Penetrator PTR-6T
Penetrator PTR-6T
Penetrator PTR-6T
Fa Shih Squad
Fa Shih Squad

JagerMech JM7-F
JagerMech JM7-F
JagerMech JM7-F
JagerMech JM7-F
Po II Heavy Tank
Po II Heavy Tank

Lao Hu LHU-3C
Lao Hu LHU-3B
Lao Hu LHU-3B
Yao Lien YOL-4C
Kinnol MBT (PPC)
Kinnol MBT (PPC)

Yu Huang Y-H9GC
Blackjack BJ2-OB
Black Hawk-KU BHKU-OR
Yao Lien YOL-4C
Amazon [MRR] Squad
Ying Long Squad

Gunslinger GUN-2ERD
Jinggau JN-G8A
Jinggau JN-G7L
Yao Lien YOL-4C
Brutus Assault Tank (HPPC)
Zhukov Heavy Tank (Liao)

Jinggau JN-G8A
Jinggau JN-G8A
Jinggau JN-G7L
Jinggau JN-G7L
Fa Shih Squad
Fa Shih Squad

Shadow Hawk SHD-8L
Shadow Hawk SHD-8L
Shadow Hawk SHD-8L
Shadow Hawk SHD-8L
Fa Shih Squad
Fa Shih Squad

Lao Hu LHU-4E
Thunder THR-2L
Huron Warrior HUR-WO-R4O
Shockwave SKW-6H
Pixiu Heavy Tank
Pixiu Heavy Tank

Goliath GOL-3L
Eyleuka EYK-45A
Griffin GRF-5L
Huron Warrior HUR-WO-R4N
Pixiu Heavy Tank
Pixiu Heavy Tank

Huron Warrior HUR-WO-R4N
Huron Warrior HUR-WO-R4N
Huron Warrior HUR-WO-R4N
Huron Warrior HUR-WO-R4N
Tufana Hovertank (iNarc)
Tufana Hovertank (iNarc)

Men Shen MS1-O
Men Shen MS1-O
Ti Ts'ang TSG-10L
Ti Ts'ang TSG-10L
Padilla Heavy Artillery Tank
Padilla Heavy Artillery Tank

Duan Gung D9-G10
Duan Gung D9-G10
Duan Gung D9-G10
Duan Gung D9-G10
Regulator II Hovertank
Regulator II Hovertank

Dola DOL-1A1
Dola DOL-1A1
Dola DOL-1A1
Dola DOL-1A1
Hawk Moth II Gunship (MML)
Hawk Moth II Gunship (MML)

- Klarg1

Known Glitch

• Warrant Officer
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
« Reply #375 on: 10 October 2020, 07:45:19 »
I'm also gathering mechs and vehicles for a similar unit idea.  Are you actually going to build all of these? If yes, respect!

No Ravens?  I have at least one Raven II/Raven-5L team planned for mine (see ilClan Rec Guide V6.)   Also, how about Catapult-IIs?

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #376 on: 11 October 2020, 15:28:02 »
Is the Catapult II secretly a great 'Mech and I've just been wrongly dismissing it all these years?

- Klarg1

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #377 on: 17 October 2020, 08:29:48 »
Need more tanks... just saying.

2x Behemoth II
2x Behemoth II Support
4x Sheng Long Squads

I'd run one each in a mini lance, with BA support, you could even pull gun trailers.

TT
« Last Edit: 17 October 2020, 08:32:55 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #378 on: 23 October 2020, 14:47:50 »
Those Menshen are begging to be in a lance with BA instead of Padillas.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #379 on: 23 October 2020, 20:28:38 »
Is the Catapult II secretly a great 'Mech and I've just been wrongly dismissing it all these years?

The combination of two TSEMP rolls followed by 40 LRMs gives the illusion of enemy mech shutdowns followed by automatic falls. 

The reality of TSEMP is that it’s expensive BV-wise, it can only fire every other turn, it messes with your own to-hit rolls, and you probably need more than two on the board to reliably force shutdowns.

Instead of the twin TSEMP on the -L7, I prefer the dual plasma rifles on the -7L7.  While shutdowns will still be rare, their heat effects can more reliably force bad things (ammo explosions, dithered targeting, slowed movement) to happen to enemy mechs, while still inflicting armor damage, while still firing every turn, and without screwing with your own targeting.  Oh, and for almost 1K less in total BV2.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

cv2020

• Recruit
« Reply #380 on: 06 January 2021, 11:05:01 »
Hi and Happy New Year. I have a question about the the size of Capellan Cofederation in around 3145-3151. As far as you know the number of controlled systems on sarna. net is around 217. The number is correct for this period? Or as humanely possible correct?

Gorgon

• Warrant Officer
  • The little duchy that could
« Reply #381 on: 17 January 2021, 06:58:08 »
Hi and Happy New Year. I have a question about the the size of Capellan Cofederation in around 3145-3151. As far as you know the number of controlled systems on sarna. net is around 217. The number is correct for this period? Or as humanely possible correct?

The 217 systems mentioned on Sarna are the size of the Confederation in 3025, before the 4th Succession War. The number appears in the first House Liao Sourcebook. It also mentions that the Confederation controls 426 inhabited planets, so almost two per system on average. Quite densely settled. In 3151, it should by quite a bit larger, given the territory taken from the FWL and FS over the last couple decades
Jude Melancon lives!

Gorgon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #382 on: 17 January 2021, 07:44:31 »
And while I'm here:

I was wondering, what do you guys consider to be an 'iconic' Liao unit / paint scheme? I have a couple of minis in dire need of paint and I thought I paint a couple for each of the houses. I can think of iconic schemes for the other four (Marik Militia, Lyran Guards, SoL, Davion Guards), but I'm drawing a blank at the Confederation. Death Commandos, maybe?

Preferably a unit that is around for the (late) Succession Wars and up until the modern era and in striking colors. Something you see and instantly go 'Yup, that's some Capellans right there'

Do you have any suggestions?
Jude Melancon lives!

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #383 on: 17 January 2021, 08:07:46 »
And while I'm here:

I was wondering, what do you guys consider to be an 'iconic' Liao unit / paint scheme? I have a couple of minis in dire need of paint and I thought I paint a couple for each of the houses. I can think of iconic schemes for the other four (Marik Militia, Lyran Guards, SoL, Davion Guards), but I'm drawing a blank at the Confederation. Death Commandos, maybe?

Preferably a unit that is around for the (late) Succession Wars and up until the modern era and in striking colors. Something you see and instantly go 'Yup, that's some Capellans right there'

Do you have any suggestions?

The Red Lancers are a good shout. They're an elite force that's been around a long time (pretty much forever?) and have a striking color scheme in blood red and gold with black highlights.
Welcome to interesting times

Gorgon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #384 on: 17 January 2021, 09:00:16 »
Battletech sure loves it's red paint. But the Red Lancers are a good idea, maybe I'll go a bit heavier on the gold to make them stand out more...
Jude Melancon lives!

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #385 on: 17 January 2021, 14:28:05 »
Yeah, the Red Lancers are the "national equivalent" of those other mentioned elite units, but, the one thing I don't care for is the way they look VERY similar to the Sword of Light regiments.

I ended up going Death Commandos as my first "Cappie Lance" paint scheme just so I would have multiple "big red" units.

If your not doing 1 for each faction or something like that then I'd totally say Lancers, if you are like I was and didn't want a bunch of similar units then you might go Death Commandos or one of the various warrior houses.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #386 on: 17 January 2021, 15:08:55 »
You could also go with one of the MAC's regiments, as they're pretty emblematic of the CapCon. The 5th (Kyp's Kommando) have a nice blue/gray with silver trim scheme.
Welcome to interesting times

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #387 on: 17 January 2021, 15:18:41 »
I'd suggest one of the Warrior Houses if the Red Lancers aren't your thing. Some have neat parade schemes.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #388 on: 17 January 2021, 16:24:15 »
My factions project that I started with Death Commandos eventually lead to a MAC lance too,  I went with 2nd Regiment.
Eventually started some Tau Ceti Rangers and one day I'd like to do Blackwind Lancers.
I usually do a Lance of mechs & sometimes up to a company of combined arms for an Op4 faction.

You can check out Camospecs.com for examples of most every faction by the pros over there.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #389 on: 17 January 2021, 21:09:37 »
I mean, I'm totally biased, but personally I think Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai has one of the most "Capellan-looking" paintschemes in the whole CCAF.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2021, 14:54:35 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Register