Author Topic: 3rd and 4th SSW  (Read 2885 times)

Dunia

• Corporal
  • Cute, deadly and with 2 PPCs. Fear me.
3rd and 4th SSW
« on: 04 March 2018, 11:24:03 »
May I ask when we can expect the books about the 3rd and 4th Succession War. I really likes the two previous books, even though it is hard to understand all if you have not had 10+ years of playing and fanatical following to the game. But still. I love them a lot!!!
My mother and father met in a Mechwarrior RPG game, I am a Battletech Born Brat :)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: 3rd and 4th SSW
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2018, 23:38:51 »
Thanks.
I can't say when as there are no definitive plans to produce them. A lot of brainstorming to be sure, but they're on the backburner for now.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Dunia

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2018, 17:46:26 »
Oh that's too bad.

I was really looking forward to them. Well, hopefully soon :)

Cheers!

Keep up the good work.
My mother and father met in a Mechwarrior RPG game, I am a Battletech Born Brat :)

Dunia

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2018, 19:31:20 »
But why did you stop making them, I mean the Historicals are really important för new players trying to understand the universe. And it is a bit odd that you quit after 2 of the 4 SSW

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2018, 15:32:25 »
Several reasons.
  • Out if the gate I’ll be blunt: sales. The amount of work and production costs put further sourcebooks low on the priority list.
  • While the Fourth Succession War would work in a similar format to the first two, the Third is a totally different animal and we’ve been toying with the idea on how best to do it as a fun and worthwhile product. L
  • You made a good point about these sourcebooks introducing new players into the universe, but before we do that we need to focus on materials that introduce new players to the game itself.
  • Lastly, while for a while we had a decent balance of source material from the past while advancing the story, for years now we’ve only explored the past. We need to tip things in the other direction for a while before we can go back and give the two equal time again.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Dunia

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2018, 14:05:20 »
Thank you, Sir

And I do not mean to complain about your policies. I just found the 1 and 2 SSW books so informative and I really could not put them down. I bought the two in Londn last fall and it took me 2 days to read them both, while sitting with the interactive map of the inner sphere.

I have played quite a few RPGs in my life and I usally buy the complete set of books to the games I play. Just because I love all the fluff. So that is why I am so eager to have these two books.

You have tremendous writers and I love this setting. I just want more thats all :)

ps. my sig says a lot about my interest of this game :)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2018, 14:53:50 »
I for one look forward to exploring and developing the products that round out the Succession Wars. It’s just not in the cards at this moment in time. Take heart knowing that we want to give you what you want, it’s just has to be viable at the time.

-Ray
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Dunia

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2018, 12:56:52 »
Thank you, sir.

I am grateful for your explanations, and look forward to what you have in store for the line :)