Author Topic: (Role-playing) BattleTech using MegaTraveller  (Read 1205 times)

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
(Role-playing) BattleTech using MegaTraveller
« on: 19 September 2019, 10:05:58 »
I got this from a guy in the Facebook group "Traveller RPG" yesterday, and had some minor input.

It's a way to generate BattleTech characters to be compatible with GDW's MegaTraveller rules. What do you guys think of it?

To use  these guys on the table top: EDIT: Oh and I couldn't figure out where to squeeze this in on the sheet, but to convert from MegaTraveller to Battletech skills, simply take 7 minus Dex DM minus Battlemech Gunnery or Piloting skill. So if I have a pilot with Dex 11 (DM +2), Battlemech Gunnery-2 and Battlemech Piloting-1 then that converts to a 3/4 Pilot.

Oh, and obviously if your pilot takes a hit during Battletech that means you lose a hit in MegaTraveller as well. Use Battletech for consciousness rolls while playing Battletech and use MegaTraveller hits when playing MegaTraveller. So if you are playing Battletech and your pilot ends the battle with four points of damage, that means you need to immediately resolve 4 points of damage on your character when the battle is done to assess the damage.

« Last Edit: 19 September 2019, 10:15:30 by nerd »
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: (Role-playing) BattleTech using MegaTraveller
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2019, 11:28:06 »
Oddly enough, I've been playing with LBB Traveller chargen for BT, and I think that also works.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"