Author Topic: Need help completing lances  (Read 2197 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Need help completing lances
« on: 18 July 2018, 16:23:55 »
I am planning on putting together some lances to form a company sized mercenary unit. I would like to keep the movement profile per lance the same and make use of the miniatures I already have as much as possible, which include one alpha strike striker lance set, the minis out of the last box set. Some citytech  of miniatures and some old unseen plastics as well as metal miniatures including a locust, excalibur, two mackies, a black knight two archers, a kintaro, a Griffin three Flashmen and a mongoose.

I was planning for a lance to be built around the three freshmen and a lance with a guilliotine and a grasshopper.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2018, 06:06:13 by Drewbacca »

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Need help completing lances
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2018, 22:15:58 »
Freshmen?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2018, 23:00:32 »
Freshmen?

Ditto, lol, WTF is a Freshmen, I've never heard that term in 30 years of BT.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2018, 23:08:49 »
one alpha strike striker lance set,
the minis out of the last box set.
Some citytech  of miniatures and some old unseen plastics as well as
metal miniatures including a locust, excalibur, two mackies, a black knight two archers, a kintaro, a Griffin three freshmen and a mongoose.

I was planning for a lance to be built around the three freshmen and a lance with a guilliotine and a grasshopper.

So first up is the Recon Lance
Mongoose,  Locust,  Spider,  Cicada.   Everyone moving 8/12 w/ a bonus Jumper in there.

If you don't mind some reduced speed for more Jumpjets & firepower,  then swap some out for a Jenner/Assassin.

To blend in with the 4/6/4 theme,   Guillotine,  Grasshopper,  Whitworth,  Victor,  Catapult,  Panther,  Vindicator ......  Pick any 4 or add the Griffin for a little speed.

Finally,  a Fire Lance to be a compliment to the 4/6 brawlers above....... Pick 4....... Excalibur, Kintaro, Archer, Archer, Catapult, Whitworth, Zeus, Orion, Jagermech.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hairbear541

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2018, 23:09:40 »
i think he means a flashman

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2018, 23:12:00 »
If that is the case,  I'd add the Excalibur & have it hang out at 21 hexes supporting them as they close into short range to "murder by laser".

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2018, 06:05:53 »
Freshmen?
Autocorrect on my Kindle Fire. :-\

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2018, 06:07:17 »
One more thing. I need options for each era.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2018, 23:41:05 »
Well if your looking for SLDF era then I 2nd my earlier statement about Flashman *3 + Excalibur.

I would also suggest Mackie *2 + Black Knight + Kintaro as a HQ - Heavy/Assault Lance.

The Mongoose is from that TRO but, really, it fits better in the Recon lance regardless.

Ditto the Guillotine in the Attack-ish lance.

For Fire w/o any SLDF era mechs, I'd stick w/ the 2 Archers & then add a Trebuchet & one of the Zeus/Catapult/Whitworth.

Register