Author Topic: The relatively-recently published but out of print  (Read 820 times)

cypher226

• Corporal
The relatively-recently published but out of print
« on: 26 February 2019, 07:23:39 »
So, a simple question.

I was out of the game when Wars of Reaving and the Succession Wars volumes (among others) were originally published. Since coming back I've managed to lay my hands on 1St succession war - then the BT pc game hit and copies of the others have dried up.

Is there any prospect of these being reprinted (as I understand from discussion here that many of these only received very small print runs in the first place) or at least moving to Print on Demand?

Cheers!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: The relatively-recently published but out of print
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2019, 08:38:51 »
The million dollar question. It would be advantageous to get some basic universe materials back in print like the era reports and core rulebooks beyond total warefare. In order to get some physical copies recently I had to vigilantly watch the secondary market for months and pay dearly when they did appear.

CGL is trying out the PoD thing currently with novels on amazon. I’m not big on fiction but I’ve been ordering what’s available to help encourage them to possibly move into PoD sourcebooks as well. Outside of TRO 3039 and maybe a few others, I don’t recall CGL doing second print runs of any of their non rulebook or box set publications. PoD is our best hope on that front I think

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2019, 23:53:29 »
It is not perfect, but I have taken some of the out of print PDFs to be printed and bound.  Not exactly what CGL can have done, but it works if you want a physical copy.  The place I take them to can do a pretty decent print job with them.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

cypher226

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 02 March 2019, 14:22:54 »
Yeah, that's kind of what I expected. It's a definite shame - a 'succession war's box set featuring 1, 2, whatever comes out for 3 and 4 eventually would be awesome though.