Author Topic: Inquiry  (Read 1288 times)

Vvitchdoctor

• Recruit
Inquiry
« on: 19 January 2020, 23:14:02 »
Hi-

I'm trying to find out how flamer, SRM, and LRM troops as shown on the standard infantry sheet are built.  LRM,SRM, and flamers are all listed as secondary weapons in the techmanual.  This should limit them to 2 per squad.

In the MUL for the source of foot infsntry flamer plstoon, it says to look at Tac Ops.

In the Battle Value Update flamer troops are listed at 77BV, but only for age of war.

How is this done, and how can it be replicated with the current ruleset?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2020, 23:28:19 »
If the MUL says the source for infantry is TacOps, that means it's using faction specific armor that affects the damage divisor.  All of the ones that list TO also list a faction in the name (FedCom, Marian, etc) that tells you which faction armor they are wearing.
Standard foot infantry with flamers, http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/1143/foot-platoon-flamer, lists TW, not TO.  It has a BV of 77.
The era listed as a field on units in the MUL is the initial era where it first appeared.  So the Age of War on this unit only means it's existed throughout BattleTech, not that it's only in the Age of WAr.  The faction availability by era in the right hand column will show that it appears all over the Inner Sphere all the way through the Dark Ages.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Vvitchdoctor

• Recruit
Re: Inquiry
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2020, 01:11:30 »
Thanks, I appreciate the quick response!  That is a lot of great information.

I'm still left wondering where the rule for using a support weapon with every member of a platoon can be found.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2020, 01:43:25 by Vvitchdoctor »