Author Topic: Natasha Kerensky pic in More Tales of the Black Widow and Clan Coyote  (Read 1381 times)

Minchandre

• Corporal
So, this is a pretty deep cut, and to be honest I'm not expecting anything, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

In the attached picture from More Tales of the Black Widow, a young-looking Natasha Kerensky is wearing a jacket that has on it a patch that looks very similar to the Clan Coyote logo, except that it's on a circle instead of a triangle.

If anyone remembers, was this intended to show some connection between Kerensky and Clan Coyote?

Thanks!

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
If anyone remembers

Probably not many, if any...

was this intended to show some connection between Kerensky and Clan Coyote?

In universe: not a chance. So the fact that it's close is weird, but no worse than deploying Annihilators and Imps.

Out of universe: maybe, but a pretty weird one. The Clans clearly existed as an idea at that point, but there really wasn't a Coyote/Natasha connection. Might as well have been any random Clan emblem then?
If that was their intent, it was never pursued further. Given the people who wrote that book, it's not like they lacked opportunity.

More likely, it's meant to resemble a Wolf, not a Coyote. IE the one on her back here:

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/File:Natasha_Kerensky_More_Tales_Black_Widow_Cover.JPG
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Register