Author Topic: Best source for Clan training information?  (Read 1299 times)

Dissolv

• Corporal
Best source for Clan training information?
« on: 28 August 2019, 11:27:32 »
Hey all,

With the new Clan Invasion kickstarter reviving interest in that time period, I find myself with some campaign ideas.  Is there any particularly good source, novel, sourcebook, RPG supplement, anything, that has good details on the creche to mech training of a clan warrior.  Particularly Jade Falcon, but in general I'm looking for what trials do they have to undergo and what wash-outs points must they get past?

I'm looking for everything prior to being a fully vetted mechwarrior, including whatever graduation "ceremony" they may wind up with, plus how it is determined which candidate winds up in which mech.  I mean, you only have one Dire Wolf....who gets the Uller and why?

Much appreciated.

Dissolv

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Best source for Clan training information?
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2019, 12:13:18 »
Way of the Clans, by Robert Thurston, covers exactly that period in the life of a Clan Jade Falcon sibkid.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Dissolv

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2019, 12:58:41 »
Perfect!   Thanks    :)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2019, 13:33:47 »
Just take it with a few grains of salt. Even we Jade Falcon fans think Thurston's books are a little over the top :)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2019, 14:14:47 »
I love them. I love the characters he developed. 
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

Register