Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 310359 times)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #450 on: 01 September 2016, 16:23:59 »
Koshi 3 and Dasher II 4 corrected.  Thanks.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #451 on: 10 September 2016, 16:00:57 »
The Orion 1C from XTRO:Primitives vol V is missing

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #452 on: 10 September 2016, 16:54:12 »
Several are missing. I'm still trying to finish uploading them but a sick toddler is interrupting me. I'm hoping to finish tonight and get the images in place. The Orion 1C is being trouble. I think that record is messed up somehow. That one may take a little extra time.

Edit:
Toddler with croup is asleep and the rest are entered. They should all be there except the Orion 1C. We need to see why that record is frozen.
« Last Edit: 10 September 2016, 20:57:03 by cavingjan »

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #453 on: 12 September 2016, 12:08:56 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7322/thug-thg-11ecx-jose

The Star League era Faction availability lists "Star League Regular," "Star League Royal," "Terran Hegemony," and "Unique."

However, according to the fluff in XTRO Gunslinger, this design was used by a mercenary in the employ of Amaris (p. 7).

The Star League factions should be removed, and replaced with whatever is appropriate. The Terran Hegemony listing should also probably be removed, since according to the MUL, the Hegemony stopped existing in 2767, and the date on the design is 2772.

Not really sure the "Amaris Empire' or whatever he was elected to is part of the MUL :)

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #454 on: 12 September 2016, 13:42:58 »
I'll get the Thug fixed. Thanks.

There really wasn't a great way of dealing with an occupied Terran Hegemony. The only reason the TH got a faction eentry is to account for some of the militia units that the Star League didn't use like the Mackie and some other items that are planet specific and really not Star League like some of the civilian stuff.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #456 on: 12 September 2016, 16:34:30 »
Jose fixed.
Sartis: those have been fixed. I was hoping they would get suppressed once regular data showed up. I'll have to get them deleted en-masse since there are about 1600 TBD entries still kicking around the system and I don't want to have to delete them all by hand.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #457 on: 12 September 2016, 16:40:04 »

The primitive Archer has no intro date.

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3721/archer-arc-1a
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #459 on: 12 September 2016, 18:36:34 »
Emperor 5A

TRO is erroneously listed as 3025. I don't know if it is mentioned in a TRO (I see nothing in 3058U), but it isn't TRO3025.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #460 on: 12 September 2016, 19:22:42 »
I don't want to have to delete them all by hand.

yeah, that's fair

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #461 on: 12 September 2016, 19:46:18 »
Emperor 5A

TRO is erroneously listed as 3025. I don't know if it is mentioned in a TRO (I see nothing in 3058U), but it isn't TRO3025.

TR3025 p120 lists "EMP Emperor" as an early mech design of same era as BNC and MCK.  That's what that MUL entry was created to reference.  But yeah, now that XTRO Primitives vol 4 has more of the story, it will be the new TR reference.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #462 on: 13 September 2016, 07:54:02 »
The Cameron battlecruiser has an intro date of 2688 in the MUL and is named accordingly:
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3890/cameron-battlecruiser-2688

Problem: TRO:3057 and TRO:2750 consistently give its intro date as 2668, twenty years earlier. TRO:3057r gives the date as 2688 in what seems to me may have been a typo.
« Last Edit: 13 September 2016, 07:59:31 by Frabby »
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #463 on: 13 September 2016, 08:40:30 »
The Cameron battlecruiser has an intro date of 2688 in the MUL and is named accordingly:
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3890/cameron-battlecruiser-2688

Problem: TRO:3057 and TRO:2750 consistently give its intro date as 2668, twenty years earlier. TRO:3057r gives the date as 2688 in what seems to me may have been a typo.

Newer sources trump old. It may be a typo, but errata is not being accepted for any of those sources at this time, and this is the wrong place to report such an error anyway.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

MrKiasu

• Sergeant
« Reply #464 on: 13 September 2016, 11:06:06 »
RFL-3N availability seems very limited in the star league era. It's not even available to the SLDF or TH. Is that righ:t?
« Last Edit: 13 September 2016, 11:08:20 by MrKiasu »

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #465 on: 13 September 2016, 20:32:51 »
How are these availability settings determined? Specific entries in a TRO or Source Book? RATs?

Also, does "availability" means it was available through whatever means? i.e.: manufacturing vs. legal sales from the SLDF or inter-House trade
« Last Edit: 13 September 2016, 20:35:22 by TigerShark »
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #466 on: 13 September 2016, 20:40:36 »
Yes, and lots up filling in the blanks.
Available means we believe multiple regiments/clusters/etc have (or could have) multiple of that unit in its forces.  We don't care how they would have gotten there (new production, old production, absorbing star league forced, refit of other models, sold by clan merchants, doesn't matter).
Though unless a source specifically mentions large numbers available through salvage, we don't include salvage.

Bishop Steiner

• Private
« Reply #467 on: 14 September 2016, 00:03:28 »
This thread is for all error reports and suggestions for the MUL online database, as found at:

Homeworld Clan and Late Succession Wars data is now available.
Star League and Early Succession Wars data is now available.

In the Master Unit List, the introductory date for the CPLT-K2 variant is apparently retconned to 3033.

I find this a little disturbing, since it is a prominently noted variant, complete with record sheets in the original 1986 edition of the TRO 3025 and it's 1996 Revision. But at some point since CGL took over, it's intro has been retconned to 3033, throwing away 21 years of canon and gameplay.  So I guess what I am asking, is 3033 the official introduction date for the production model of the k2, with it existing as House Kurita's standard refit before that, or is it CGLs stance now that the TRO was just plain wrong, and no PPC Cats before 3033?  (I'd also note your own tables in House Kurita 3025 lists K2 as available)  And if so, when were they first available as a unit?

Any official ruling on that would be greatly appreciated by this long time player.
« Last Edit: 14 September 2016, 00:22:18 by Bishop Steiner »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #468 on: 14 September 2016, 00:32:42 »
We're going over the issue now, and we'll update here when it's been decided on.  Thanks for bringing it up.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #469 on: 14 September 2016, 04:59:40 »
First of all thank you for your great work.
It seems to me that all of the BA from TRO3058U are missing dark age availability.
is this intentional?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #470 on: 14 September 2016, 05:37:46 »
Most of 3058 is missing many eras. This is an artifact of how long it takes to compile this stuff. Only about 1/3 of the units in the MUL have faction data for the later eras.

Side note: 3058 is the current TRO of units I'm working on. I've been working on it and 3055 for a while now.

Prussian Havoc

• Recruit
  • "Combined Arms, Assured Victory!"
« Reply #471 on: 14 September 2016, 10:18:49 »
We're going over the issue now, and we'll update here when it's been decided on.  Thanks for bringing it up.

A number of us over at HBS's BATTLETECH forum are quite interested in the Introduction Date of the K2: https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/3819/comments/67713

Some want a Retcon of a Retcon so as to put the Catapult K2 "in play" for HBS's 3025 BATTLETECH.

And some of support the original CGL 3033 Introduction Date of the K2, with HBS free to introduce the K2 in a future potential expansion to BATTLETECH.

We await your response, Good Sir! :)
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles ~ Sun Tzu

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #472 on: 14 September 2016, 10:42:15 »
Rim Worlds Republic
Field Report:2765 Periphery

Page 18: The Black Knight, Excalibur, Highlander, and King Crab are becoming "more common sights" in the Imperial Divisions.
Page 20: A full company of Atlas were purchased by Taborri Amaris for her Amaris Regulars.
Page 21: Land-Air 'Mechs are available in the Battalion size

- Atlas AS7-D
- Black Knight BL-6-KNT
- Excalibur EXC-B2
- Highlander HGN-732
- King Crab KGC-000

- Stinger LAM
- Wasp LAM
- Phoenix Hawk LAM

Liberation of Terra, Volumes I & II

Missing units from the RATs.

- Bombardier BMB-12D
- Cestus CTS-6Y
- Crab CRB-27
- Emperor EMP-6A
- Exterminator EXT-4D
- Firefly FFL-4A
- Flashman FLS-8K
- Galahad GLH-2D
- Griffin GRF-2N
- Hermes HER-1S
- Hussar HSR-200-D
- Kintaro KTO-19
- Kyudo KY2-D-02
- Lancelot LNC25-01
- Lynx LNX-9Q
- Mongoose MON-66
- Night Hawk NTK-2Q
- Panther PNT-9R
- Pillager PLG-3Z
- Rifleman RFL-2N
- Rifleman RFL-3N
- Sentinel STN-3L
- Shootist ST-8A
- Talon TLN-5V
- Whitworth WTH-1 (TRO:3039, p. 126) - A branch of the Whitworth company existed in the RWR.
- Whitworth WTH-1S (TRO:3039, p. 126) - A branch of the Whitworth company existed in the RWR.
- Wyvern WVE-5N
« Last Edit: 14 September 2016, 19:53:33 by TigerShark »

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #473 on: 14 September 2016, 19:53:10 »
We typically don't use RATs as a basis for this unless other reliable information is completely lacking. We'll take a look at your list.

Only the Whitworth WTH-0 was produced in the RWR.

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #474 on: 14 September 2016, 20:00:59 »
"The WTH-0 design was fielded exclusively by the Amaris Dragoons and used more as a terror weapon. Only twenty-four were ever made by Whitworth’s Republic branch on some forgotten world."

Seems odd that they'd set up an entire factory for 24 units, since they were made in 2754 and in peacetime. But you guys probably have more info on it than I do.

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #475 on: 14 September 2016, 22:35:02 »
I'd hate to bring up more stuff to "add to the pile" ...but the MUL is not correctly displaying the BV for Clan Battle Armor.

I believe it has to do with the "generic" CAR4 profile which is likely using the "4" troop multiplier instead of "5" from the Tech Manual p.316

Gnome [Standard] http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/1216/gnome-battle-armor-standard
. Individual Trooper BV = 83  [per TRO3058_Upgrade p.51 ]
. . with x5 Multiplier = 7.0 or 581  [matches RecordSheet_3058_Unabridged_Clan p.89]
. . with x4 Multiplier = 5.2, or 431.6 BV  [close to MUL error]

Elemental [MicroPulse]: http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/962/elemental-battle-armor-micropl
. Individual Trooper BV = 69  [per TRO3058_Upgrade p.45 ]
. . with x5 Multiplier = 7.0 or 483  [closely resembles RecordSheet_3058_Unabridged_Clan p.82]
. . with x4 Multiplier = 5.2, or 358.8~ BV  [close to MUL error]

Only suggestion I have is to make "CAR5" the default card for these (and other) primarily Clan-fielded battle armor.
"Watch the man-made-lightning fly!"  -RaiderRed

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #476 on: 14 September 2016, 22:54:45 »
Just to note, the individual BVs shown in the TROs are rounded. If you're calculating the BV for a squad/point/level I you take the unrounded individual BV, apply the multiplier, then round.

As for the suggestion, it can certainly be taken under consideration but no saying if or when something can come of it.

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #477 on: 14 September 2016, 23:21:13 »
Just to note, the individual BVs shown in the TROs are rounded. If you're calculating the BV for a squad/point/level I you take the unrounded individual BV, apply the multiplier, then round.

As for the suggestion, it can certainly be taken under consideration but no saying if or when something can come of it.

Agreed, which is why i checked my numbers against the multipliers in the Tech Manual (table on p.316).  While I did not manually calculate each BA, I followed the TRO entries and then multiplied by the respective multipliers.  Anything within 10 BV didn't concern me... but when the difference between the MUL and the Record Sheets  is +100?  I decided to test the "Wrong Multiplier" theory and felt inclined to share my conclusions.

I don't have any reason to believe the Record Sheets, TRO, or TechManual to be in error; the current values on the MUL for [respective] Clan-fielded BA are misleading (undervalued).  Anyone with the Record Sheets will have the right of it; anyone using the Force Builder may have issues.

**Edit** italicized for clarity
« Last Edit: 14 September 2016, 23:23:58 by GoldBishop »
"Watch the man-made-lightning fly!"  -RaiderRed

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #478 on: 14 September 2016, 23:36:15 »
It's a technical issue I believe.  The MUL is supposed to show BV for all three (4, 5 and 6).  It's currently showing PVs instead of  BVs on the "5 trooper squad" and "6 trooper squad" lines, and those are supposed to be BV.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #479 on: 16 September 2016, 13:30:52 »
Methinks the card for the Leviathan JumpShip needs some work... :)
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll