Author Topic: (Answered) Refits (CASE, Myomer, Internal, Engine type/rating change)  (Read 3969 times)

TimberwolfD

• Private
The StratOps replacement table on P. 183 (1st Ed.) shows replacing an engine has a base time of 360 minutes and replacing CASE has a base time of 60 minutes. Myomer replacements are not explicitly addressed in the table, though replacement of actuators is. On p. 176, shoulder and hip actuator replacements require replacing the limb (presumably requiring reinstallation of weapons, equipment, actuators, armor, etc.). Changing internal structure type is not clearly addressed.

I would like to confirm the calculations of time required for refits.
1. The class D refit of changing the engine rating starts with a base time of 360 minutes (to replace the engine) and a multiplier of 3 to result in a final time of 1080 minutes to change the engine rating alone. Is this correct?
2. Similarly the class F refit of changing the engine type (exclusive of heatsinks and crit changes necessary for space) starts with a base of 360 minutes and a time multiple of 5 for 1800 minutes to change the engine type. Is this correct?
3. Logically, if I were changing type and rating of engine, I would do both simultaneously and simply insert, for example a higher rated XL engine when I changed the engine type. Would this be a single class F refit with base time of 1800 minutes (or whatever the final answer to 2 is), or would I need to fiddle with the engine twice, once to change the rating and again to change the type?
4. With the hip and shoulder actuators built into the limb structures, what is the time calculation for myomer type changes?
Rough calculation would be 12x 90 minutes for other actuator replacements plus reattaching limbs for 4x 180 minutes plus replacing weapons, armor, etc. For a CN9-A Centurion this would be 11 actuators plus the RA AC/10 (no RA hand actuator) plus 64 points of armor on the arms/legs for a total of 18 days after time multiple.
5. How does the time calculation work for changing the internal structure?
For a rough calculation I started with location replacement. A destroyed location replacement requires 240 minutes and a mech has 4 non-limb sections (ignoring the whole CT is the mech bit). So the time would begin with 4*240 + 4*180 = 1680 minutes, then require replacing everything else. Sensors x2, life support x2, actuators x12 (hips and shoulders are integrated), gyro, weapons, heatsinks, etc. It becomes huge really quick, particularly when the multiplier of 4 is accounted for. It is very easy to get base time numbers like 12 days for a CN9-A to change to endo-steel which goes to 60 days with the x5 multiplier. This seems out of line with other refit time calculations.
6. Combining myomer replacement and internal replacement would logically overlap significantly, especially with the limb/actuator replacements
« Last Edit: 18 November 2018, 02:39:28 by Xotl »

TimberwolfD

• Private
Bump

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
1) Correct.
2) Correct.
3) Once, using the highest Class.
4) Customization doesn't involve actuators, unless you're adding/removing hand / lower arm actuators.  You're just replacing the gun in your example, so 120 minutes.  Add 90 minutes per hand or lower arm actuator you might be adding.  But if you're switching to a new myomer type, we'll say treat as an engine replacement.
5) Treat as an engine replacement as well.  You're only replacing the internal structure, not everything that possibly could be included: customization is only about the specific thing being replaced.  The Time Multiplier is what adds the extra time required to make it take as long as it should, without actually having to calculate a whole bunch of extra fiddly stuff as you've done.
6) Thankfully you ignore all that, unless you're literally, say, switching a introtech mech to endo-steel and TSM, in which case you're gutting it on almost every level and it should take a very long time (3,600 minutes, or 7.5 working days).

Remember that you can always take a rush job to chop time off.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0