Author Topic: San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign  (Read 3218 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign
« on: 09 February 2019, 19:47:50 »
Good evening my fellow mechwarriors!  Our little group got our first game in on our early Jihad campaign.  Quick gist of it, players are mercenaries sent by the Duke of Skye to harass the Free Worlds League along the Lyran border, away from Skye and the areas the Duke is planning to invade.

Today was the first track to this.  The players today, fellow forum members JamesPryde (+friend) and Giovanni Blasini, were making their first moves away from their LZ and dealing with the defending forces (me) of a small outpost manned by one company of local militia hovercraft, one lance of mechs from the 1st Marik Militia, and one lance of mechs from some unknown mercenaries.  Their objective: drive off or destroy the defenders.  Bonus points to the players if they destroyed all the militia's J. Edgar Hoover hovercraft.

Suffice to say, the players did very well.  They completed all their objectives and picked up a little bit of salvage.  Though they took some damage, they did not suffer any casualties.  Marik forces did not do so well.  They lost half their hovercraft and two mechs.

Next mission will be off to deal with a fire base before attacking (and looting  ^-^ ) the first of two supply depots.

Big thank yous to my fellow players.  It was a blast!  Pictures are attached.  Enjoy and happy viewing folks! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 09 February 2019, 19:50:05 by Valkerie »
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2019, 19:48:46 »
A few more.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2019, 19:49:24 »
Last ones.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2019, 21:54:14 »
Had a blast. Got some pics as well, I'll have to see about editing them down to fit the board limits, though.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2019, 22:04:52 »
Had a blast. Got some pics as well, I'll have to see about editing them down to fit the board limits, though.
After I crop them, I reduce the images all down to 640x480, and that seems to do the trick.