Author Topic: 2012-05-15 Good Fighters [Jason Schmetzer]  (Read 4754 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
2012-05-15 Good Fighters [Jason Schmetzer]
« on: 15 May 2012, 01:14:43 »
Hard-hitting action along the Lyran frontier!

In 3016 the Lyran-Free Worlds border was aflame with raids, but few burned so bright as the raid on Wyatt by Wolf's Dragoons--few, that is, except the later raid on Dixie by the assault 'Mechs of Zeta Battalion...

Demos

• Captain
Re: 2012-05-15 Good Fighters [Jason Schmetzer]
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2012, 13:16:34 »
A great story. I like the SW3 stories about Wolf Dragoons.
First 'Hector', now 'Good Fighters'. Hopefully we see a few stories more, especially in the services of House Davion (New Aragon).

"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2012, 19:10:38 »
Ok, had to let my BC membership lapse for a month. I see only here that this story is released. I cannot find it in the BattleStore under 'G" (for Good Fighter) and it's not under Jason Schmetzer on my BC fiction list.

Where might I buy this, before I forget it exists?

J_Schmetzer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2012, 21:06:11 »
A great story. I like the SW3 stories about Wolf Dragoons.
First 'Hector', now 'Good Fighters'. Hopefully we see a few stories more, especially in the services of House Davion (New Aragon).

What's that? New Aragon, you say... perhaps you should check out http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2999
I sometimes write things. Sometimes they're spelled right. Not often.

My Top 10 BattleTech Novels
Advice on Finding Shrapnel Story Ideas
How to Write for Sourcebooks

joechummer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant
  • My blood runs the color of jade.
    • Philip Lee Writing
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2012, 23:34:19 »
Ok, had to let my BC membership lapse for a month. I see only here that this story is released. I cannot find it in the BattleStore under 'G" (for Good Fighter) and it's not under Jason Schmetzer on my BC fiction list.

Where might I buy this, before I forget it exists?
Usually, recent stories aren't immediately available in the BattleShop, but it shouldn't take long. However, more than a month is a bit long, I've noticed. Not sure who's responsible for adding them to the shop.

Philip A. LeeManaging Editor of Shrapnel, the Official BattleTech Magazine. Author of BattleCorps stories A Wolf in the Eyrie, Half of a Warrior, Seeds of Loyalty, Whispering Death, Fragments of History, A Living Epitaph, Double Down, So Costly a Sacrifice, Rain Dance, Quail Hunting, A Show of Force, and A Keystone Arch, Seven Years' Bad Luck, High Value Target, The Face of the Enemy, Horn and Fang, and A Measure of Clarity
Twitter: @JoeChummer
Author Page
Official Website

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 13 June 2012, 06:48:42 »
Thanks, joechummer.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2012, 02:55:19 »

What's that? New Aragon, you say... perhaps you should check out http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2999
Is this (New aragon) then a new story? Or an older one?
I don't remember this one piece of story...
Thanks in advance.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 07 July 2012, 08:48:51 »
Okay, this seems absurd to me: I still can't find this story.

If you want to sell the story, don't you make it available to all potential customers? I belong to BC but I still can't access it. And, honestly, the only way I'd know it even existed at this point is this thread.

I've looked under the Fiction tab, on Jason Schmetzer's name. Now, I happen to know that it shouldn't be there because I wasn't a member when it was released and I haven't bought it individually. But that is not common knowledge and it's not intuitive. You'd think that you'd want your customers to know what other stories a writer wrote and the obvious method (Fiction->Author's Name) doesn't work that way.

I crawled through the directory tree (BattleShop->BattleTech->BattleCorps Fiction->Available Fiction->Results Page 4). I look between "BattleCorps: Fiction: Ghosts of Hesperus" and "BattleCorps: Fiction: Grand Masters" and it's not there, 53 days after its 'release'. And, again, I only looked there because experience taught me to.

The BC site really needs to be redesigned. Potential sale loss seems like it would be rather high. And remember, this is me chasing down a title 25 days after I first asked after it. How many customers will come back a month later for a short story? And how many of those will come back a third time? How many will even ask for a story they don't know exists?

Note to future self: you're also looking for Steven Mohan's Blitzkrieg: Ghost Bear's Lament 1-2.
« Last Edit: 07 July 2012, 08:51:01 by Revanche »

joechummer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant
    • Philip Lee Writing
« Reply #8 on: 07 July 2012, 13:29:12 »
Yeah, I'm still not seeing it in the store either. I'd suggest emailing customerservice.catalyst@gmail.com. I'd say this falls under "product inquiries" :)

Philip A. LeeManaging Editor of Shrapnel, the Official BattleTech Magazine. Author of BattleCorps stories A Wolf in the Eyrie, Half of a Warrior, Seeds of Loyalty, Whispering Death, Fragments of History, A Living Epitaph, Double Down, So Costly a Sacrifice, Rain Dance, Quail Hunting, A Show of Force, and A Keystone Arch, Seven Years' Bad Luck, High Value Target, The Face of the Enemy, Horn and Fang, and A Measure of Clarity
Author Page
Official Website

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 07 July 2012, 17:36:20 »
Good idea. Thanks again, joe.

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 11 July 2012, 19:50:58 »
No response yet. I knew I should have waited to renew my BattleCorps subscription until after the convention season. I just felt like I might miss something.

J_Schmetzer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Master Sergeant
I sometimes write things. Sometimes they're spelled right. Not often.

My Top 10 BattleTech Novels
Advice on Finding Shrapnel Story Ideas
How to Write for Sourcebooks

joechummer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant
    • Philip Lee Writing
« Reply #12 on: 12 July 2012, 08:56:52 »
Works for me.

Author Page
Official Website

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 12 July 2012, 17:47:46 »
The link work but is not populated with anything in the primary space. What does it show for you?

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2012, 22:33:35 »
Showing Good Fighters now.  Thanks thrice-ly, Joe.Off to see if I can now find the latest Blitzkrieg chapter.

joechummer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant
    • Philip Lee Writing
« Reply #15 on: 15 July 2012, 11:13:51 »
You're welcome! :D

Author Page
Official Website

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 16 July 2012, 23:32:22 »
Damn fine work again, good sir.  No one write the Dragoons like Schmetzer.  Do we know what happened to Elgar, where he went later in his career?  I get the feeling that, even if the Colonel's friends pulled him through and killed Elgar's career, there's many a mercenary unit that'd be happy to have him.  It'd certainly be an interesting story to tell.  Also makes me wonder how Jamison eventually ended up in command of Zeta.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!