Author Topic: Some more boards (WWE2018 Terrain Set)  (Read 2008 times)

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Some more boards (WWE2018 Terrain Set)
« on: 11 September 2019, 12:58:48 »
I had a bit of spare time, so MM-ed the boards from the WWE2018 Terrain Set. Four separate 16x17 boards, together with the 32x34 board that they make when put together, which is used for the 'Dig, Defend, or Die' WWE2018 scenario, featuring a Green Ghosts raid on an archaeological dig site guarded by the 1st Marik Protectors.

16x17 WWE2018 Battletech, 16x17 WWE2018 LargeLakes
16x17 WWE2018 ScatteredWoods, 16x17 WWE2018 DigSite

And the combined board (32x34 WWE2018 DigDefendOrDie) for the scenario ...

All bundled up in a .zip file for your entertainment. Or explosive death. Depends how it goes, really.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Some more boards (WWE2018 Terrain Set)
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2019, 16:40:07 »
Great work there, and thanks for sharing these!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

krazzyharry

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2019, 16:58:52 »
Thank you

gwaedin

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2019, 06:02:55 »
A big thanks to you! I am currently using this map to play Alpha Strike with my younger son and also for our next scenario with my BT buddy. Very much appreciated.  :thumbsup:

servo01

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2019, 09:07:20 »
Awesome - And a big thanks to our resident cartographer!

I just just got a chance to play your Wide River Boards yesterday and they proved to be utterly fantastic. Looking forward to this one.

Will all of these new maps you've been doing be bundled in with the new release?

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2019, 09:33:01 »
Thanks! Glad that you enjoyed them! AARs always enthusiastically read. :-)

I just realised that I didn't include the WWE2018 maps in the last 'combined zip' that I did of my maps to date, because I am some kind of fool. Updated version attached.
(Just delete the "DFL" folder from data/maps/boards/unofficial, and unzip this one in its place to get the new ones, and the old ones with the size prefix, as per new standard.)

As for the new release, I know that Hammer has been picking up the .zips as I go along, so it depends on how the release bundling date correlates with the date that I remember to put them in a .zip file for them ...

What's slightly disconcerting is that I was thinking about some details for a board design as I fell asleep last night.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Register