Author Topic: Chronic Injuries for MechWarriors  (Read 6618 times)

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
  • All Good Things Come In Cans; Even People!
    • The Plano Mechwarrior and Battletech Guild
Re: Chronic Injuries for MechWarriors
« Reply #30 on: 17 June 2015, 07:59:08 »
lol wow you guys, this stuff is gold.

I guess Mazer wouldn't have it so bad. His mother is the duchess/baroness of fricking Thorin, so he's pretty dang well off. I guess he wouldn't start seeing issues until his seventies or eighties. His wife is a different story...hates hospitals with ever fiber of her being. I could see her developing a hitch in her back or something, and refusing to get it looked at until it got really bad or permanent damage was done.

Sorry for not keeping up, I got fired on Friday for telling one of the other owners of the company that the owner who runs the kitchen made a joke about how he likes his women battered. Which is illegal. So I've had a lot on my hands between job hunting and filing for unemployment so the jerkwad still has to pay my worthless female self. :P
So, now the Thor has TWO really angry nipple piercings. - Zerokei
He fell over, is on fire and now he's been karate-kicked in the face. Is the dancing on his chest really neccessary? - GM

The Plano MechWarrior and BattleTech Guild: Join Us On Facebook!

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 17 June 2015, 17:03:03 »
Very bad luck on the  job front and on the injure front I think everyone forgot neck injury's as they went with back issues 

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 27 June 2015, 06:28:43 »
Regenerative medicine is in it's infancy now .  Reprogramming pluripotential adult stem cells to cartilage stem cells putting people in traction and mixing it with sterile iron filings so you can position the cells with magnets is being done now in Japan experimentally . The beginnings of 3 D printing new organs are in the works ; may be 20 years or so .  Personalized medicine is around the corner .  The only thing stemming the pace of medicine now is the move to socialized medicine everywhere . No one thinks they are going to realize a return or even make up the losses from said research now .  So the question is how much tech backsliding there is in the Battletech Universe ?  In even 100 years almost all medical advances stated in the BT Universe is likely to be possible .  Is the the Jurassic Park question again ( just  because it is technically feasible does it mean should it be done ? )  .

Nightsong

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #33 on: 02 July 2015, 22:28:24 »
Just had a disturbing little thought. Wonder how many Clanners are taking a serious hit from the early '60s on, when Heavy Lasers start rolling out. After all, one of the big things about the Heavies is that the lack of shielding on them is the reason they're so light.

Mohammed As`Zaman Bey

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 03 July 2015, 00:01:46 »
Don't forget all the diseases a mechwarrior could pick up while on garrison...

From "Running with the Pride"
  The Azami mechwarrior looked through his window as the taxi maneuvered through the narrow streets of the housing quarter. “I am surprised how inexpensive the apartments are here,” commented the teen.
  “It is a crowded and dirty area,” muttered Ali under his breath. “You deserve better –why did you leave the hotel?”
  As`Zaman tilted his head, “The Athena was over an hour’s drive from the office in the best traffic.” His raised a brow, “The mechwarriors here must have chronic back problems –look at the large number of massage parlors in this district.”

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #35 on: 03 July 2015, 00:03:36 »
Just had a disturbing little thought. Wonder how many Clanners are taking a serious hit from the early '60s on, when Heavy Lasers start rolling out. After all, one of the big things about the Heavies is that the lack of shielding on them is the reason they're so light.
Claners never plan on living a long time, their whole goal is to die in the glory of battle all chrome and shinning.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: 03 July 2015, 00:55:11 »
Or in this case, glowing! [madflame]

;D

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 03 July 2015, 01:45:23 »
Don't forget all the diseases a mechwarrior could pick up while on garrison...

From "Running with the Pride"
Chance are those weren't massage parlors but rather Houses of Ill Repute

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #38 on: 03 July 2015, 01:49:21 »
Claners never plan on living a long time, their whole goal is to die in the glory of battle all chrome and shinning.

WITNESS ME!

Dear god it fits :s

The Clanners tend to view most people who are about 30 ish as past it don't they and by 45 they are solhama.  I'd assume that this would be changed in the IS clans as they stand now though.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #39 on: 03 July 2015, 02:54:08 »
I know the crazy Waco guy suffered from a chronic case of butt hurt...
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

SYKOJAK

• Recruit
« Reply #40 on: 03 July 2015, 13:39:18 »
I would have to say that the most common Mechwarrior injuries, assuming that they are not weapons fire induced. Those most common occuring should be collision induced injuries.
Killing is my business, and business is good!

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: 07 July 2015, 02:44:35 »
Hmm.. that's a good point, like dislocating a shoulder during a fall and developing the arthritis that goes along with that, not to mention that that shoulder is now easier to dislocate.

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #42 on: 07 July 2015, 06:03:22 »
I would have to say that the most common Mechwarrior injuries, assuming that they are not weapons fire induced. Those most common occuring should be collision induced injuries.

Concussion, whiplash, neck and back pain, broken bones (I'm thinking clavicles in particular, but probably wrists and arms too).

And now I have a mental image of a cheesy holovid commercial with a smarmy personal injury lawyer asking "Have you been injured in a 'Mech?"
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 09 July 2015, 17:31:40 »
There are. Right now IRL they're looking at hookworms. Apparently if you have certain varieties of hookworms, you have less inflammation and less histamine reaction. Something to do with them wanting to live inside you without your immune system kicking them out.

I'll stick to Reactine, myself. :o

How about a long-term slow release Reactine supplement/suppository?  ;)

Mohammed As`Zaman Bey

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 19 April 2019, 17:30:35 »
Duplicate post deleted
« Last Edit: 22 April 2019, 20:00:47 by Mohammed As`Zaman Bey »

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 22 April 2019, 09:47:54 »
Chance are those weren't massage parlors but rather Houses of Ill Repute

They can well be both.  Some parlors have extra options.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register