Author Topic: MechWarrior 5: Clans Announced  (Read 15213 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: MechWarrior 5: Clans Announced
« Reply #120 on: 09 June 2024, 13:13:29 »
October is good for me, allows me to save for it.  Maybe upgrade my computer.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #121 on: 09 June 2024, 19:11:20 »
I'll be curious to see if the game ends up being listed as Verified - or, at least, as Playable - for the Steam Deck.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #122 on: 09 June 2024, 19:36:48 »
I'm curious how much story / missions will be with this thing. The biggest complaint from MW5 was the missions were repetitive.

Operation REVIVAL was fixed for year war.  Possible DLCs could be raids into the Inner Sphere and eventually Operation BIRD DOG/BULL DOG and the Battle for Huntress. The story is focus on Star of Clan Smoke Jaguars, they certain have fixed life span.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #123 on: 09 June 2024, 23:11:06 »
I look forward to getting to raid my mercs into Clan space.

Come on, we HAVE to get one of those chain missions that you end up with a Clan warrior as a bondsman.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #124 on: 10 June 2024, 08:19:02 »
I hope that perhaps the character whom a Clan Warrior can end up as a Mercenary due to death of their clan.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Engineering where it's not WHY but WHY NOT?
« Reply #125 on: 10 June 2024, 19:36:50 »
I hope that perhaps the character whom a Clan Warrior can end up as a Mercenary due to death of their clan.

Either that or an option to join The Society  :evil:
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #126 on: 10 June 2024, 19:56:17 »
Either that or an option to join The Society  :evil:
HA.  I believe that when someone finally makes a game with story that finally gets by the Civil War era

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #127 on: 11 June 2024, 10:19:51 »
I'm a CSJ fan, and I enjoyed mechwarrior games historically, but thus far MW5 and 'infinite target spawn' type game programming has turned me off.  I never finished the MW5 campaign and the sandbox didn't impress me. 

I'll be curious to see how this iteration is different.  The storyline is calling me, but if the actual in mission gameplay is the same as MW5, I'll pass.  I'll stay tuned and see what you all think. 

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #128 on: 11 June 2024, 14:18:51 »
I being owner of MW5, I only played campaign with friends since it made it more interesting, especially with he mods.

Infinitate spawning of enemies....is bit worrisome to me.   There so many mech per planet for godsakes.  I hope that can be adjusted.

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #129 on: 12 June 2024, 01:33:55 »
I don’t think we have to worry about infinitely spawning enemies. Even within MW5Mercs, scripted campaign missions had fixed spawns, regardless of whether we’re talking base game or DLC content. Those missions – the vast majority of them, at least – were handcrafted experiences. MW5Clans will almost certainly be more like those missions, given it’s not apparently going to be a procedurally generated sandbox like Mercs was outside of the scripted campaigns.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2024, 01:38:38 by Akamia »
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

VanVelding

• Warrant Officer
    • Powered by Indifference, Focused by Caffeine
« Reply #130 on: 12 June 2024, 22:12:49 »
In video games, you usually play the winner. It's hard to imagine any Smoke Jaguar story ending with you as the winner without basically becoming another Trent and turning on them for betraying their values and also being screwed over by Victor Steiner-Davion.

Maybe you're the guy/gal always salvaging victory from the jaws of defeat and you get a non-canonical ending where you preserve the Smoke Jaguars, or some small part of them. But that sounds like a pretty stupid idea, IMHO.

Honestly, I'll kill as many Kuritians as they ask me to, but if they say I gotta save the Khan on Tukayyid, imma turn off the whole game.
Co-host of 17 to 01 and The Beige and The Bold. I also have a dusty old blog about whatever comes to mind vanvelding.blogspot.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #131 on: 12 June 2024, 23:12:47 »
Or you end up as a bondsmen to the FedCom during Bulldog.

MW4 did that with one of the Mercs endings.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #132 on: 13 June 2024, 08:00:29 »
I just wonder how much flexibility they putting in the game. It's going be not easy for them to sort this out with limited resources they have.

I hope they're going eventually include more mechs, including different lights and mediums. MWO is top heavy as is, frankly it's unbalanced how all assaults being schooled all the time by the light mechs, mediums not making much of a dent.   

I think the availability of Mechs would help keep things fresh.   OmniMech configurations will play into it, I mean a Stone Rhino doesn't get it's weapons changed out completely per mission.  Depending on what 'Mechs they Smoked Kitties are using as well I guess.

I still think it's bizarre of Star of Mechs going around doing missions is weird, Unless their Part of the degrez Watch.  Which would make more sense, but this is PGI.  So...(shrugs)

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #133 on: 13 June 2024, 09:36:55 »
I just wonder how much flexibility they putting in the game. It's going be not easy for them to sort this out with limited resources they have.

I hope they're going eventually include more mechs, including different lights and mediums. MWO is top heavy as is, frankly it's unbalanced how all assaults being schooled all the time by the light mechs, mediums not making much of a dent.   

I think the availability of Mechs would help keep things fresh.   OmniMech configurations will play into it, I mean a Stone Rhino doesn't get it's weapons changed out completely per mission.  Depending on what 'Mechs they Smoked Kitties are using as well I guess.

I still think it's bizarre of Star of Mechs going around doing missions is weird, Unless their Part of the degrez Watch.  Which would make more sense, but this is PGI.  So...(shrugs)

At least as CSJ they have some mechs (that were in MWO to draw from) that make sense:  Mist Lynx, Arctic Cheetah, Shadow Cat and Stormcrow at the light and medium level.  There is a lot they can do right, so I'm curious about how it will work out.  Hopefully they have lore nerds that know what the most common mechs were in the clan.  We shall see.
« Last Edit: 13 June 2024, 11:23:52 by MarauderD »

butchbird

• Master Sergeant
  • In loving memory
« Reply #134 on: 13 June 2024, 20:28:52 »
I don't have much hope but maybe I missed it...

Anybody knows if they're going to release it on GOG too?
Who dares disturb my plasma bath?

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Engineering where it's not WHY but WHY NOT?
« Reply #135 on: 13 June 2024, 20:31:35 »
At least as CSJ they have some mechs (that were in MWO to draw from) that make sense:  Mist Lynx, Arctic Cheetah, Shadow Cat and Stormcrow at the light and medium level.  There is a lot they can do right, so I'm curious about how it will work out.  Hopefully they have lore nerds that know what the most common mechs were in the clan.  We shall see.

A lore nerd - can't remember specifically who it was - wrote a bunch of the news snips in MW5 Mercs.

The Falcon's Claws would like to issue you a batchall.  And that's a force the size of a cluster doing Galaxy Commander Vandervahn Chistu's dirty work.  I suspect the star at this game's focus is going to be doing the same for Hang Mehta, who was also a Galaxy Commander.
« Last Edit: 13 June 2024, 20:34:59 by BATTLEMASTER »
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #136 on: 16 June 2024, 09:57:13 »
I'm curious how much story / missions will be with this thing. The biggest complaint from MW5 was the missions were repetitive.

Operation REVIVAL was fixed for year war.  Possible DLCs could be raids into the Inner Sphere and eventually Operation BIRD DOG/BULL DOG and the Battle for Huntress. The story is focus on Star of Clan Smoke Jaguars, they certain have fixed life span.

The standard missions were repetitive but the campaign, dlc, high reward and hero mech missions were all cool

As for infinite spawns may be because you were multiplayer or a mod as you could beat pretty much every force into submission if you wanted (battlefield the exception but that is intentional as you're supposed to be fighting a rearguard action).

I didn't encounter a single mission where I faced more than a combined arms battalion an RCT could have a dozen of those so... Infinite enemies in the games mission lifespan
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #137 on: 16 June 2024, 11:53:07 »
I don't have much hope but maybe I missed it...

Anybody knows if they're going to release it on GOG too?

At the moment mw5clans.com only lists Steam and Epic for PC, so I'll probably be waiting a while. MW5:Mercs came to GoG eventually so hopefully this one will do the same.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #138 on: 05 July 2024, 16:26:24 »
Sarna interview with narrative director Chris Lowrey touching on the background of the story, ie why the Jags - https://www.sarna.net/news/talking-mechwarrior-5-clans-with-narrative-director-chris-lowrey/
« Last Edit: 05 July 2024, 16:28:10 by Cyc »

Register