Author Topic: Movie/TV plots adapted to BT  (Read 6185 times)

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Movie/TV plots adapted to BT
« Reply #30 on: 27 May 2019, 13:44:53 »

Baldrick: Look, Black Adder, isn't that a lovely black Warhammer with red trim coming towards us?
Black Adder: Didn't the briefing warn us that the Dragoons were on the other side? Oh, that buggers the day, doesn't it?

Yes, Yes. Black Adder for BT.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #31 on: 27 May 2019, 23:21:49 »
All the players had silly pseudonyms, like Gloria Snockers and Ben Dover...to name the printable ones.

I actually heard a commercial years ago about a guy doing a seminar promoting leasing cars (guess who brought him into town) and funny enough they ran the commercial during the Dave Ramsey radio show.  At first I thought it was a prank . . . but I looked it up online and it was a real event.  Who uses Ben Dover as their professional name- come on, be Benjamin T Dover- even Benji is better than BEN in that situation!

Makes me thinking about using Bond girls or villians as pilot names.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #32 on: 28 May 2019, 00:03:27 »
actually that was one of the Aliases used by Lockheed Marten personnel when traveling overseas in relation to the CIA use of the SR-71 (then designated the A-12)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 28 May 2019, 02:43:39 »
Saying it just to make things complete: Robot Jox.

Pacific Rim should probably be put in the maybe pile.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 28 May 2019, 10:59:22 »
Saying it just to make things complete: Robot Jox.

Can't believe I forgot about that one!
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #35 on: 28 May 2019, 11:01:58 »
I actually heard a commercial years ago about a guy doing a seminar promoting leasing cars (guess who brought him into town) and funny enough they ran the commercial during the Dave Ramsey radio show.  At first I thought it was a prank . . . but I looked it up online and it was a real event.  Who uses Ben Dover as their professional name- come on, be Benjamin T Dover- even Benji is better than BEN in that situation!

Makes me thinking about using Bond girls or villians as pilot names.

Was his partner one Taye Kitt?
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #36 on: 28 May 2019, 11:24:30 »
Was his partner one Taye Kitt?

Lol, fun with names . . . had one at work recently that was 'Candy Bottoms' . . . come on, change your first name after getting married to someone with that last name so you do not sound like a stripper!

Had a MM pilot I named Shu T'atme, only a few people got it . . . but I am now going to add Taye Kitt as a lance mate.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #37 on: 28 May 2019, 11:57:06 »
Lol, fun with names . . . had one at work recently that was 'Candy Bottoms' . . . come on, change your first name after getting married to someone with that last name so you do not sound like a stripper!

Had a MM pilot I named Shu T'atme, only a few people got it . . . but I am now going to add Taye Kitt as a lance mate.

To be honest, I stole that from an Order of the Stick prequel book. One of the characters studying in fighter college, and had to read "Attack of Opportunities Explained" by Ben Dover and Taye Kitt.

There was also "Advanced Flanking Theory" by U. R. Scrood.
-Frederick the Great

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #38 on: 28 May 2019, 16:04:23 »
OOTS is good for all kinds of stuff like that... :)

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #39 on: 29 May 2019, 11:04:26 »
I tried to get something going on the Off-Topic thread, but nobody bit...

How would you do GoT's Battle of Winterfell as a BT scenario?  In particular, how would you do the wights, White Walkers, Three-Eyed Raven, and especially the dragons in BT terms.

I only have a pile of disconnected ideas...let me start off with...

ARMY OF THE DEAD
Wights
--Wights may be any kind of 'Mech or battle armour that begin the scenario missing up to half their armour.  They have no functioning powered weapons and may not make ranged attacks.  They may make physical attacks with any melee weapons they are carrying.  They also have the following special abilities:
     --to sprint and still make an attack in the same turn
     --once their armour is gone, they do not take internal structure damage from conventional weapons.  Further damage may only be 
      caused by melee weapons made of dragonglass or Valyrian steel (see below), or incendiary weapons.
--Each wight is considered to be equipped with a C3 slave, which is slaved to a particular White Walker or to the Night King (see below).
A critical hit on this unit (only from a dragonglass or Valyrian steel melee weapon, or incendiary weapon) instantly kills the wight.
--Wights take double damage from fire, and will not approach a hex on fire or an enemy unit possessing an incendiary weapon unless specifically directed to do so by either the controlling White Walker or the Night King (see below).
--All wights slaved to a particular White Walker die instantly die if that White Walker is killed.

The wight-giant
--the wight-giant is an Atlas with all of the abilities and weaknesses of regular wights, but may not make use of the sprinting ability. 
It may, however, pick up and crush enemy units of twenty tons or less.
(Consider it to be further equipped with triple-strength myomer in the active state.)
--Any internal head hit with a dragonglass or Valyrian steel weapon to the wight-giant's head is an instant kill.

White Walkers
--Each White Walker is equipped with a C3 master unit that controls wights slaved to it.  Unlike standard rules, there is no limit to the number of wights that are slaved to a particular Walker.
--White Walkers may raise fallen enemy units as wights in their service.  Any fallen unit so raised is considered to have switched sides and is now equipped with a C3 slave connecting it to the raising Walker.  Units raised as wights are from that point covered by the rules for wights, maintaining any battle damage incurred at the time of their death; any remaining ammunition is considered to have been dumped.  In place of a regular attack, A "regular" White Walker (see rules below for Night King) may raise up to 5 fallen units in this way per turn, but only in a 2-hex radius from the hex currently occupied by the Walker.
--A White Walker may compel any wights under its control to overcome their natural fear of fire.
--Each White Walker is equipped with an ice-crystal sword; see below for its damage effects
--White Walkers do not take damage from conventional weapons, and their touch, through their ice sword, can shatter any equipment not made of dragonglass or Valyrian steel; in game terms, any hit from a White Walker gives a chance for a critical hit, and if such is inflicted, the affected piece of equipment suffers critical hits to ALL its slots.  If the critical hit is against an actuator, ALL actuators in the affected area are also considered to incur critical damage.
--White Walkers may only be damaged by dragonglass, Valyrian steel, or incendiary weapons.  Treat Inferno LRMs and SRMs as though they were conventional versions, and flamers as machine guns for dealing damage.  Any hit to a torso region from a dragonglass or Valyrian steel weapon is instantly lethal to a White Walker.
--When a White Walker is killed, all of the wights under its control instantly collapse and are considered to have finally died.

The Night King
--The Night King is equipped with dual C3 masters (probably a Tai-Sho).  All of the Army of the Dead's units are ultimately controlled by him.
--In place of regular weaponry, the Night King may grow an ice lance that may be used as a projectile weapon; consider it equal in capability to a Thunderbolt-20 with the ice sword characteristics above AND added armour-piercing ability, even against dragons.
--The Night King has the same vulnerability as regular White Walkers to dragonglass and Valyrian steel, but 1SK lethal damage is limited to the centre torso.  Unlike regular Walkers, he is completely invulnerable to incendiaries; Inferno missiles, flamers, and plasma weapons have no effect at all on him.
--The Night King may compel any unit under his command to overcome its fear of fire.
--The Night King may also raise fallen enemy units as wights in his service.  Any fallen unit so raised is considered to have switched sides and is now equipped with a C3 slave connecting it directly to the Night King.  In place of a regular attack, the Night King may raise any number of fallen enemy units within a 10-hex radius of his current position.
--(and I need to review the severe weather rules for how to simulate his weather control abilities...)

Well, it's getting late for me now, more to come later!

Any suggestions for how to do the dragons...?

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 29 May 2019, 11:08:01 »
Dragau assault DropShip, of course.   :thumbsup:
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #41 on: 30 May 2019, 12:59:06 »
"Uh, listen Jet. You said 'bell peppers and beef.' There's no beef in here. So you wouldn't really call it 'bell peppers and beef,' now would you?"

"Yes, I would."

"Well, it's NOT!"

"It is when you're broke!"

"What happen to that Thousand C-Bill bonus from the last drop!?"

"The repair bill for the Mech you wrecked, and the one from the mech bay you trashed, and the medical bill for the Tech you injured... KILLED THE DOUGH!!" 
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #42 on: 30 May 2019, 13:48:13 »
Talking to Spike?  Yeah, I looked at that some- part of why I asked, since its easily adaptable.
Colt Ward

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 30 May 2019, 14:02:16 »
Full Metal Panic could be adapted to a degree.

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 30 May 2019, 14:40:15 »
I have wanted to defend Echo Base with a lance of mechs since 1989!  And thanks to Nebula California, we can! Figure 4 AT-ATs, with a platoon of Stormies each, 8 AT-STs for screening.  Open terrain 1-2 maps wide, simulating the valley walls and 4 maps long. 
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #45 on: 30 May 2019, 14:53:57 »
Good call . . . guerilla base with VTOLs & CF against something like Cochrane's Goliaths . . . Quannah's Siroccos?

Mercs brought in to wipe out the rebels, a dozen Siroccos with supporting infantry vs VTOL/CF and AC/5 field gun squads . . . covering the WIGE transports trying to get the rebels and their equipment out of the attack zone for a tundra/arctic hiding place.  Scenario has merit!

The one I was thinking about how to graft into a regular scenario was in Han Solo where runs across the gang trying to steal a transport, the gang helps the PC push their offensive before splitting off to reach the objective.  Just trying to figure out what chaotic battle to insert them into like Kelly was inserted.
Colt Ward

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #46 on: 30 May 2019, 15:07:56 »
kinda sad the original trilogy only really has the one major ground battle that lends itself to BT.. (i wouldn't count Endor, since on paper that was super one sided)
even if you add Rogue One, the notable battles are still almost entirely ASF and naval.
Sequel trilogy so far has been similar (really just Crait)
Prequel trilogy has a bunch, but they're all really weirdly arranged due to the quasi-napoleonic elements in the fighting style.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #47 on: 30 May 2019, 15:23:17 »
"Uh, listen Jet. You said 'bell peppers and beef.' There's no beef in here. So you wouldn't really call it 'bell peppers and beef,' now would you?"

"Yes, I would."

"Well, it's NOT!"

"It is when you're broke!"

"What happen to that Thousand C-Bill bonus from the last drop!?"

"The repair bill for the Mech you wrecked, and the one from the mech bay you trashed, and the medical bill for the Tech you injured... KILLED THE DOUGH!!"

Heh...Love that scene from Cowboy Bebop...

I actually turned one of the scenes from the Outlaw Star anime into a BattleTech one starring the leader of Wilson’s Hussars and her XO in a short story fanfic I wrote a couple decades ago...wish I still had that one, but maybe Mordel has it in an archive of his message board somewhere...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #48 on: 30 May 2019, 15:52:12 »
kinda sad the original trilogy only really has the one major ground battle that lends itself to BT.. (i wouldn't count Endor, since on paper that was super one sided)
even if you add Rogue One, the notable battles are still almost entirely ASF and naval.
Sequel trilogy so far has been similar (really just Crait)
Prequel trilogy has a bunch, but they're all really weirdly arranged due to the quasi-napoleonic elements in the fighting style.

Allot of other sci-fi universes follow suite with majority of battles taking place in space, even most of Gundam spends a considerable amount of time in orbit.

(why I like the BTU focusing on ground combat)

All the same, the nature of the battle is very situational and can be tweaked if your just need a story and characters. Death Star= Castle Brian with a Naval PPC array tageting friendly Aerospace assets. or a large mobile artillery piece with possible nuclear munitions. The Millennium Falcon being pursued by a Death Star= Lone mech lance playing evade and escape with hostile invaders (luck would have it the planets 'storm season' make detection by satellite and drone difficult if not impossible) Battle of Endor= Combine elements of the space battles with the ground battle. Give the ground units more teeth and remove the 'teddy bears' toppling walking armor with lumber (maybe replace Ewokes with feral animal that have been known to stalker and attack foot solders on patrol before the commanders got wise. Ejecting from your mech is almost a death sentence knowing these things are waiting for you in the dark brush) 

Heh...Love that scene from Cowboy Bebop...

I actually turned one of the scenes from the Outlaw Star anime into a BattleTech one starring the leader of Wilson’s Hussars and her XO in a short story fanfic I wrote a couple decades ago...wish I still had that one, but maybe Mordel has it in an archive of his message board somewhere...

Ruger

There are allot of Elements in Outlaw Star very likeable and reusable. Actually named one Jumpship Outlaw star and another Angle Blade in a early write up of a story I never used.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #49 on: 30 May 2019, 16:00:25 »
(maybe replace Ewokes with feral animal that have been known to stalker and attack foot solders on patrol before the commanders got wise. Ejecting from your mech is almost a death sentence knowing these things are waiting for you in the dark brush) 

Maybe like . . .

Partly why I started off talking about some of the WWII movies . . . Operation Petticoat could be a fun attempt.  Chasing a pink dropship trying to pick up a unit and enough supplies to make their escape run?
Colt Ward

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: 31 May 2019, 00:01:41 »
Good call . . . guerilla base with VTOLs & CF against something like Cochrane's Goliaths . . . Quannah's Siroccos?

Mercs brought in to wipe out the rebels, a dozen Siroccos with supporting infantry vs VTOL/CF and AC/5 field gun squads . . . covering the WIGE transports trying to get the rebels and their equipment out of the attack zone for a tundra/arctic hiding place.  Scenario has merit!

The one I was thinking about how to graft into a regular scenario was in Han Solo where runs across the gang trying to steal a transport, the gang helps the PC push their offensive before splitting off to reach the objective.  Just trying to figure out what chaotic battle to insert them into like Kelly was inserted.
I was thinking more like "Rogue Squadron, hang back.  Black Widow Company, hold the line."
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #51 on: 31 May 2019, 04:04:56 »
Dragau assault DropShip, of course.   :thumbsup:

Isn't that just a bit of overkill?  The important thing is to have a Dropship that can hold at least one 'Mech, who will be the dragon's "pilot", and who can be dropped from the ship.

Well, if the two smaller dragons are going to be Dragaus (one with extra wight abilities), then Drogon (Danaerys' ride) ought to be a Tiamat  >:D

And all their regular weapons are replaced with as many Clan plasma cannons as can be crammed into the nose bay.  Well, maybe add a smattering of side/wing-mounted conventional weapons to stand in for the dragons' claws.

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #52 on: 31 May 2019, 04:49:28 »
  As I recently posted on another forum, if you’re feeling truly mean, you could run an AToW campaign set in the early days of the Terran Alliance’s colonial period... that just happens to turn into a tweaked version of Alien/Aliens.  (Or you could shoot an in-universe remake of one or both and play it/them to your crew as a covert psych-test....)

[...] You’d have to hand-wave certain aspects of the ship designs (or reshoot some scenes so people were in null-g aboard ship), but otherwise Aliens is hard-tech enough to fit in BattleTech, perhaps from the early days of the First Exodus (pre-Outer Reaches Rebellion).  Early BT supplements mention the Terran Alliance having a Colonial Marine Corps (probably in reference to the movie!), and terraforming efforts like that on LV426 were borderline trivial by the time of the Star League.

Change Nostromo from a freighter with a load of petrochemicals to a TSN survey vessel, taking a close look at worlds that fly-by surveys have flagged as prospects for colonisation.  Ash is human, not synthetic, but still a Terran Alliance field-agent under orders to locate the source of the Space Jockey’s (untranslated) signal and salvage all possible alien technologies for TA use; when he realises what following his orders has caused, he panics and tries to cover it up/save his own skin at the price of the rest of the crew’s lives.  Nostromo disappears as per the original plotline, and someone not in the know about the Space Jockey’s ship/cargo gives the green-light for settlement and terraforming of LV426/Acheron, complete with a small base for TSN patrol-ships and Colonial Marines for policing/tax-collection.  (Perhaps in the asteroid belt, for flavour.)

Fifty-seven years later (but still during the Exodus), Ripley’s EEV gets picked up in the outskirts of the Acheron system by its sole assigned picket-ship, TAS Sulaco (a modified Charger-class patrol cutter, under CDR Lance H. Bishop), during one of its otherwise-routine cruises, and they take her back to base to defrost and debrief her.  Commander Bishop is a little skeptical of Ripley’s claims (particularly the part where she says Ash told her the Alliance declared her whole crew expendable if it meant the TA got its hands on alien tech), but duly sends a report (with an attached copy of her debrief) back to Fleet HQ on the next available courier JumpShip; his Marine Rifle Detachment commander, the shiny new butterbar LT. Gorman, outright thinks Ripley’s a paranoid lunatic, but has tact enough to keep that to himself and treat her with the courtesy due her rank as a TSN officer.
When Ripley’s debrief reaches Terra, Carter J. Burke (supposedly from the Alliance’s colonisation bureaucracy, but actually a spook from the same outfit as Ash, although not read in on the last incident) is dispatched to find out what the exact hell went wrong during Nostromo’s survey mission, and if possible secure/salvage the Space Jockey’s ship and its advanced technology, all while keeping any of this SNAFU from splattering on his masters.  As in canon, he sends an on-the-sly message to Acheron, dispatching the Jordens to check out the derelict and Ripley’s story but not mentioning anything about possible hostile life-forms; the resulting infestation quickly overwhelms the colony and its small TCMC garrison, although they give a sufficiently good account of themselves that the bugs’ numbers never rise to triple figures.  With the groundside colony going off the air between scheduled message-cycles, Sulaco embarks Gorman’s Rifle Detachment and heads to the planet to investigate.
Burke’s attempt to kill Ripley and Newt is now motivated by the lure of silencing witnesses to the TA nabbing the derelict and its technological goodies, not smuggling xeno-samples back to Terra, but it ends up about the same way.
When the second dropship brings the survivors onto Sulaco, Commander Bishop (who stayed on the ship with its crew, like a sane captain should) finally disproves Ripley’s cynical belief that all senior Alliance officials are callous ****** by unhesitatingly accepting and actioning her recommendation to obliterate the derelict with orbital bombardment.  The final fight against the Alien Queen takes place just after Sulaco begins her burn to bring the derelict under her guns, and Ripley blows the damn thing out the airlock like she does in canon.

What happens from there?  There would be a Board of Inquiry over this incident.  Does the TSN regret the opportunity lost by the destruction of the derelict, but endorse Commander Bishop’s authority and subsequent actions as the commander-on-scene and recommend him for promotion, while granting Ripley and Newt resettlement on another colony world (and possibly Hicks as well, if he gets medically retired)?  Are they so pissed off at losing all those potential goodies that they strip Bishop of his command for ‘failure of command judgement’?  If they do, exiling all the survivors to (planet of choice) could well backfire, because the TA made a lot of problems for itself that way, culminating in a little episode called the Outer Reaches Rebellion....

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #53 on: 31 May 2019, 06:57:47 »
  As I recently posted on another forum, if you’re feeling truly mean, you could run an AToW campaign set in the early days of the Terran Alliance’s colonial period... that just happens to turn into a tweaked version of Alien/Aliens.  (Or you could shoot an in-universe remake of one or both and play it/them to your crew as a covert psych-test....)

:o :thumbsup: :drool:
-Frederick the Great

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #54 on: 31 May 2019, 08:23:11 »
Run the adventure against WoB zombies and you do not need to change anything from alien(s)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #55 on: 31 May 2019, 08:55:57 »
Hm, yeah Necromo . . .
Colt Ward

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #56 on: 09 June 2019, 01:39:50 »
Here you go. This is my Kellys Hero's scenario for Battletech again.

Not historical per se, but I ran a scenario where one side was told to defend a town with three assault mechs (4/5 G/P). The town has decent hills and tree cover surrounding it. It also has at least three roads leading into it. However, only one of the mechs could actually be in the town and the other two mechs had to be on patrol individually (at least 12 hexes away from the town and at least 12 hexes away from each other) anywhere around the town. This is ALL that the defenders are told for the scenario!

Then an attacking lance of two light and two medium mechs along with four Goblin infantry carriers (or substitute in the hover, tracked or wheeled infantry carriers if you like) are told that there is a bank in town (it is always located in the center of the town) and it is the job of the infantry carrier crews to "liberate" the gold bars within the bank and get off of the board/map edge that they came in on with as much as you can. Can the stationary Goblin infantry carriers fire weapons while waiting to be loaded? Yes. Consider that there is enough "crew" in the infantry carriers to man them AND load the gold into them. Does the attacking force have to enter on turn one? No, they may enter on any turn they wish. Can the mechs and infantry carriers enter the board on different turns? Yes as two different units. Can they enter the board on different sides? Yes. However, the table/board edge that the infantry carriers enter from is the ONLY scoring edge. The edge that the mechs enter from does not count as a scoring edge. The defending assault mech player(s) are NOT told this information, only the attackers.

Every turn that an infantry carrier stays stationary next to the target building (the bank) that infantry carrier gets one load of gold. The turn that the carriers arrive next to the bank does not count as the first turn! The infantry inside are dismounting and breaking open the doors of the bank etc... Every turn AFTER they arrive and are stationary (and not destroyed) they get one load of gold. So if you have all four infantry carriers around the bank for three turns (after arriving) that is 12 loads of gold - three loads on each carrier. If the player(s) think that is enough gold, now comes the hard part, getting them off the same table/map edge they arrived on. Every carrier that exits off the same table/map edge has the number of loads carried, counted towards the victory conditions. The defending assault mech player(s) are NOT told this information, only the attackers.

The light and medium mechs can be sacrificed/used as bait/be a diversion/whatever in order to keep the infantry carriers alive.

If the Goblin infantry carriers are destroyed, the scenario is lost for the attackers.

All infantry carriers destroyed - Total defender victory
0-3 loads - major defender victory
4-6 loads - minor defender victory
7-10 loads - minor attacker victory
11-13 loads - major attacker victory
14 + loads - Total attacker victory and retirement party!

In other words, it is a classic supply run scenario, but what the players are really doing is replaying the ending of the movie Kelly's Hero's, but with mechs, not WWII tanks.

Enjoy!

Force

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #57 on: 09 June 2019, 05:40:59 »
Interesting, but it seems the attacker has enough force to just stomp the defender then load all the gold they want.  Spacing out the defenders like that means the woods will likely enable the attacker to take the first defender down alone.

EDIT: Typing WAY too late at night...
« Last Edit: 09 June 2019, 14:26:42 by Daryk »

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #58 on: 09 June 2019, 14:14:26 »
I have run the game three times. It was nail biting each time for both sides.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #59 on: 09 June 2019, 14:27:10 »
Did the defender ever cotton on to what the attacker was actually doing?