Author Topic: Informal poll on Battleforce Minis  (Read 16156 times)

KolonelK

• Private
Re: Informal poll on Battleforce Minis
« Reply #30 on: 13 November 2011, 17:37:51 »
1) No
2) Yes
3) If possible, I'd buy anything available and get rid of my existing minis.  Then rare earth magnet them, and play vertically on the fridge on scaled down maps :)

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
« Reply #31 on: 13 November 2011, 19:56:48 »
Just curious about a few things. 

1) have you purchased any Battleforce scaled Minis yet, either in the packs or in the singles

2) do you plan on purchasing them?

3) limit four designs if you could add to the line what would you add?

for me, I have purchased the inner sphere set, and I do plan on buying a some singles here and there.

as for what I would add if I could decree additions to the design  One of each class for me Panther, Centurion, Vulture, and Zeus
1.) No. 

2.) Maybe.  I'm still not sure what I think about the Battleforce system.  It looks intriguing but I can't seem to drum up any interest in it.

3.) Not sure.  For such small pieces, I'm not sure if there are any minis I'd be dying to have.

phlop

• CamoSpecs
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #32 on: 13 November 2011, 23:07:13 »
1. No
2. No
3. None
“Everyone is useful,No one is necessary.’’ Paul Brown

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 16 November 2011, 12:05:49 »
Just curious about a few things. 

1) have you purchased any Battleforce scaled Minis yet, either in the packs or in the singles

for me, I have purchased the inner sphere set, and I do plan on buying a some singles here and there.

as for what I would add if I could decree additions to the design  One of each class for me Panther, Centurion, Vulture, and Zeus

1) No. Didn't know they were available singly.

2) Probably buy one or two to check them out. Anyone know why the Jenner IIC isn't available as a single?

3) Legacy, Awesome, Wraith and Mad Dog.

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #34 on: 16 November 2011, 20:20:48 »
Privyet!

1. No.
2. Maybe
3. Vindicator, Highlander, Grand Dragon, Zeus

thefiddler

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 17 November 2011, 12:21:16 »
1. Not yet no, cuz I only know 1 other person who has some, so it might be difficult to use them.

2. At some point I'd like to pick both up and play through Starter Fist and Falcon.

3. Maybe some more of the classics, but ones that will be usable through a variety of periods like the Project Phoenix mechs and 3050 Omnis.

Pawprint

• Recruit
« Reply #36 on: 21 November 2011, 05:31:56 »
For me:

>> 1) have you purchased any Battleforce scaled Minis yet, either in the packs or in the singles
Yes - three copies of each pack (IS and Clan).

>> 2) do you plan on purchasing them?
Yes - individually from now on (a.k.a. see above   :) ).

>> 3) limit four designs if you could add to the line what would you add?
Four is rather restrictive, but I'll try. For both I'd want widely-used, older designs - suitable for use in several eras of play. So...

Inner Sphere: Archer, Warhammer, Phoenix Hawk, Awesome.
Clan: Mad Dog (Vulture), Stormcrow (Ryoken), Summoner (Thor), Executioner (Gladiator).

NB: The Warhammer edged out the Marauder only because I prefer the former's Re-Seen look.

Several posters in this thread have decided not to get these things because of their investment in the regular-scale minis. While I can accept that argument, I have no problem with using either scale for both Total Warfare and BattleForce games. Smaller figures allow proportionately larger play areas (as scatcat said) and ordinary-scale Mechs work just as well to represent a BF lance (as several people said).

I can think of a few more uses rather than *just* BF games, namely:

(1) Test dummies. Some paint schemes are easily imagined while others are hard to get "just right", especially if you plan to paint an ordinary-scale company in those colors   ;) . Better to wreck a $5.00 figure than a $15.00 one.

(2) Fog of War. I know I'm going to have a few lances/stars of identical Mini Mechs in matching paint schemes - they'll make much prettier "dummy counters" for simulating hidden movement or double-blind play without needing three identical terrain boards.

(3) ProtoMech proxies. Again a matter of personal taste, but I hate the "monstrous" look of the original Protos (although the new ones from Wars of Reaving/TRO: Prototypes are much better). I can also use BA minis to proxy as Protos for the Mini Mechs at BF scale.

(4) Solaris VII duels. Aside from two Mini Mechs plausibly being able to occupy the same hex (or at least poke their feet into the same hex), the smaller scale lets me run two or four duels on a single 6'x4' terrain board. This should help if my gaming venue gets crowded with other games or if I have trouble getting enough battles played to run a plausible Solaris league campaign (always a long shot, but I can dream, right?   ;) ).

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 21 November 2011, 08:26:14 »
1. Yes
2. got em
3. IS - Warhammer, Marauder, Hammerhands, Highlander
    Clan -  Ryoken, Highlander IIC, Warhammer IIC, Marauder IIC.

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #38 on: 01 December 2011, 09:03:04 »
1. Yes.
2. Got them.
3. Basic Clan Omnis and IS meat and potatoes first.

@3CL, you said you are not interested in smaller mins with less detail. I would have to ask how you would like smaller minis with the same or better level of sculpting. I am really impressed by the quality of these.

My goal is not just to use these for BF, but for Inner Sphere in Flames. Imagine a map like in Axis and Allies or Succession Wars, where the counters for the regiments/Brigades.RCTs are replaced by one mini each in the canon scheme with the unit information around the base.

Sick and twisted, but I try to keep a foot outside my comfort zone where possible.
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

packhntr

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: 04 December 2011, 17:28:43 »
I haven't purchased any ......YET...but plan to soon....I am planning on acquiring all of the mini-mini's that they have.  I love a painting challenge!!!  (Yes, I am crazy......so what?)
If at first you don't succeed, make it worth the repairman's time!

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • Smallest star in the firmament
« Reply #40 on: 04 December 2011, 19:46:34 »
@3CL, you said you are not interested in smaller mins with less detail. I would have to ask how you would like smaller minis with the same or better level of sculpting. I am really impressed by the quality of these.

I still wouldn't be interested; there's already a pre-existing mammoth line of CBT miniatures, and it will be years and years before the smaller scale could catch up.
Fighter of the Nightman (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun (ah-ah-ah)

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: 04 December 2011, 22:42:05 »
Can anyone take a comparison pic with a normal size mini and a BF mini??
Preferably either a BattleMaster or a Nova Cat, as I have those handy.

Thanks.

HavocTheWarDog

• Captain
  • Lead or Follow, but get outa my way!
« Reply #42 on: 05 December 2011, 02:17:50 »
1: NO!
2: NO!
3: NO!
What would be the point it would only take away from the limited funds I have for the ever price expanding "regular" minis!
"Veni Vidi Vici"

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #43 on: 05 December 2011, 20:06:04 »
Can anyone take a comparison pic with a normal size mini and a BF mini??
Preferably either a BattleMaster or a Nova Cat, as I have those handy.

Thanks.

Done.

If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 05 December 2011, 23:59:39 »
Thanks

Sagan

• Sergeant
« Reply #45 on: 06 December 2011, 07:38:48 »
Yes to all of the questions. As for what next I would like to see the entire line done.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: 07 December 2011, 00:46:39 »
I bought them to make a little chess board for battletech. I have zero interest in them for anything else. I already collect 2 Battletech scales religiously and dabble in a third so that's enough.

Sagan

• Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: 16 December 2011, 23:23:18 »
  Well good times are coming to the BF scale fans in March and in April. I just saw these up on the pre order list for FRP Games. IS lace packs one and  two. Also, Clan Star packs one and two. Apparently the following new mechs will be in them: Fafnir, Hunchback, Warhammer, Panther, Daishi, Thor, Dasher, Masakari, Black Hawk, and Ryoken. Yep good times and my wallet will hate me. Man I do hope these will keep coming our way.  :D >:D [drool]
« Last Edit: 17 December 2011, 15:12:38 by Sagan »

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: 17 December 2011, 12:34:57 »
Not yet
Yes

Hunchback, vindicator , wasp , shadowhawk

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #49 on: 17 December 2011, 13:17:47 »
  Well good times are coming to the BF scale fans in March and in April. I just these up on the pre order list for FRP Games.IS lace packs one and  two. Also, Clan Star packs one and two. Apparently the following new mechs will be in them: Fafnir, Hunchback, Warhammer, Panther, Daishi, Thor, Dasher, Masakari, Black Hawk, and Ryoken. Yep good times and my wallet will hate me. Man I do hope these will keep coming our way.  :D >:D [drool]
Well this likely means that I am going to buy some. :)
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

HeavyGun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Dante's Infernals
« Reply #50 on: 17 December 2011, 15:05:26 »
I bought both the IS and Clan thinking they were normal size and were just a deal trying to peeps back into the game. When I ordered them thru the game shop all they had was a small picture of them so really couldn't make out how big they were. Well any way if you breath on some of them you'll break their legs(madcat, MkII, etc). Had to mod mine to make them playable.
CDT Agent #695, Spokane Valley, Wa.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Hold on...oh yeah you better pray cuz your gonna need it!

Sagan

• Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 18 December 2011, 10:17:09 »
What I really want to see next? Well I would have to break the list up in a Clan list and a Inner Sphere list.
Clan: Hellstar, Night Wolf, Omen, Vulture, Deimos, Thunderbolt IIc
Inner Sphere: Marauder II, Razorback, Titan II, Awesome 8Q, Zues, War Dog

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #52 on: 19 December 2011, 02:26:22 »
I'll take the Ost 'mechs for i.s. along with some Star League types for Royals and other Klondike goodness. For clans just crank out the rest of the omnis. 

Sagan

• Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: 19 December 2011, 19:31:21 »
 Greetings to everyone who is keeping an eye on this topic. From a very good source we will be seeing some more Battleforce Minis in May of 2012. Two additional packs will be released that will include four new sculpts. The minis are as follows: Marauder, Raptor, Archangel, and Wraith. Yep, I will have to see how my wallet is going to take all this. But like I said this is pretty firm information.

scatcat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #54 on: 19 December 2011, 19:52:15 »
Any idea what else will go into the nascent company/binary?

Sagan

• Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: 19 December 2011, 20:03:01 »
No. But I heard that there will be more.

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
« Reply #56 on: 20 December 2011, 12:07:36 »
In reply to the original question, I might have been tempted if I didn't already have such a significant investment in the larger scale.  As it is, I have no interest in buying them.

Rommel_Twee

• Corporal
    • Galactic:Conflict in the Stars
« Reply #57 on: 25 December 2011, 00:34:54 »
From a very good source we will be seeing some more Battleforce Minis in May of 2012. Two additional packs will be released that will include four new sculpts. The minis are as follows: Marauder, Raptor, Archangel, and Wraith. Yep, I will have to see how my wallet is going to take all this. But like I said this is pretty firm information.
[drool]

:o I honestly am surprised that these are going as far as they are. I only say this because myself and several others presented this to IWM back in 2003 and it was shot down. Shot down because it was felt that another scale of the same minis would take away from the other established line. If IWM and crew can manufacture these and make money, then more power to them. Still surprised.

Kirk
Kirk
North of Mason, South of Dixon and 2nd star to the right.

Sagan

• Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 25 December 2011, 14:03:53 »
 When the BF minis first came out nobody thought that they would sell but now other players are picking them up to play in quick strike.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #59 on: 25 December 2011, 15:02:42 »
1) No
2) No
3) none
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Register