Author Topic: Complaint from FLGS  (Read 2251 times)

TheOldGuy

• Master Sergeant
Complaint from FLGS
« on: 27 December 2011, 01:04:53 »
So per an excellent recommendation from my fellow forum members, I suggested to my local games store (Imperial Hobbies) to set up a direct retail account with IWM as their distributors (here in Canada) don't carry IWM. 

Well, I spoke with the owner today and he was incredibly frustrated.  The process was started back in November and after emailing in the paper work a couple of weeks ago has heard nothing.  According to him he's called (never having anyone answer the phone) or emailed at a ration of "6:1 or 8:1".

Personally the service I've received from IWM has been great, but that has more to do with them replacing parts and correcting errors (or adding to orders).  No matter what's going on I'd just like them to stock Battletech minis for myself and local players (as would they).  I've emailed IWM on their behalf and thought I'd post here in the hopes it can quickly get straightened out. 

So if anyone can help me get this straightened out I'd be most appreciative.

Ezekiel Crow

• Sergeant
    • Facebook
Re: Complaint from FLGS
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2011, 01:27:44 »
Sounds familiar.  I also tried getting IWM orders setup through(a now closed) FLGS but it was such a laborous project and the turn over just couldn't be sustained to justify the headache it was to stock the product.  That combined with the lack of CBT:Starter sets for such a long period made it pretty difficult to get a regular battletech thing going, so we ended up just giving up.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2011, 14:38:50 »
Imperial Hobbies in London? Cause there is one and they used to have Battletech stuff, but man, I wouldn't even friggin ask that guy now. Even going there is a pain, as every visit turns into him trying to get me to buy flames of war or some space ship battle game.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2011, 20:36:38 »
I tried to email in an order before and I got NO response. I wanted USPS shipping instead of Fedex. I also had some questions about parts from the scrapyard. I waited a few months and just made a regular order. I actually asked about the parts on the forum.

Sagan

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2011, 20:43:45 »
Brother Jim- I write IW on a regular basis and have no problem getting a fast reply.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2011, 21:53:37 »
I usually just ask for help during a order in the comments box. I usually just say something like "Include X arms instead of Y arms please, just bill me for them." And honestly I usually get what I want, and I usually pay for it.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2011, 19:54:39 »
yeah, I get great traffic from IWM whenever i've communicated with them
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Register