Author Topic: Ghost bear medium/light mech pack  (Read 3625 times)

Daishi411

• Captain
Ghost bear medium/light mech pack
« on: 03 January 2012, 23:23:07 »
this pack comes with the black hawk BT-014. does anyone know which version this is, none of the codes seem to match.

thanks for your help!
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
Re: Ghost bear medium/light mech pack
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2012, 23:40:34 »
it is the Prime
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2012, 18:34:06 »
Either the Prime or the A (I have both, so not sure).

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2012, 18:47:51 »
no it can't be the A, its code is 013, so then it must be the prime. Cool!

thanks.
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2012, 18:58:43 »
no it can't be the A, its code is 013, so then it must be the prime. Cool!

thanks.

If that's the case i definitely need one!

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2012, 20:56:47 »
Is it the one with a Clint IIC, Grizzly, Dragonfly, Ursus and Nova?  If so, it was the Nova Prime when I bought some years ago.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 04 January 2012, 21:00:40 »
that was what i was looking for, but it seems to have been discontinued, instead i found one of the online exclusive mech packs they make now

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=6989
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2012, 23:01:55 »
There were two different sculpts of the prime. BT-014(also went by 10-029) is different from 20-610. BT-014 had no notches on the barrels. This is the 20-610.
http://camospecs.com/Miniature.asp?ID=411

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2012, 23:54:19 »
There were two different sculpts of the prime. BT-014(also went by 10-029) is different from 20-610. BT-014 had no notches on the barrels. This is the 20-610.
http://camospecs.com/Miniature.asp?ID=411

yeah i know, that's why i asked the question, because the one in the pack doesn't match any number on the site. i own the old one.
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #9 on: 05 January 2012, 20:43:06 »
I've looked for pictures of the old BT-014 but haven't found any. The only difference I've seen is the laser barrels do not have any notches. They are straight barrels. (Think of the two small? lasers on the left arm of the flea but tight against the arm.)

Mine is unassembled and I know the pictures wouldn't work well.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 05 January 2012, 21:02:03 »
I've looked for pictures of the old BT-014 but haven't found any. The only difference I've seen is the laser barrels do not have any notches. They are straight barrels. (Think of the two small? lasers on the left arm of the flea but tight against the arm.)

Mine is unassembled and I know the pictures wouldn't work well.

not to worry, i think i may have actually seen one of these painted up on the forums without realizing it.
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #11 on: 05 January 2012, 21:17:21 »
I'm trying to remember if the Dragonfly in that set is the prime or the A model.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #12 on: 14 January 2012, 01:29:13 »
If you're talking about the old Ghost Bear Medium Star that was produced years ago, the Dragonfly was the A variant.  It had a single laser that attached to the Right Arm and 4 barrels that attached to the torso (and were a royal pain to put on).
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2012, 10:20:04 »
Thanks. That's exactly what I was talking about.

I bought a Dragonfly A at Historicon last year and haven't had a chance to put it together yet.