Author Topic: Untrusted Connection?  (Read 2197 times)

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Untrusted Connection?
« on: 01 February 2012, 20:47:52 »
While preparing to place an order with IWM, when I went to the checkout page, I received the following message:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to ironwindmetals.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
          Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

When I attempted to go to the forums to see if there was a known issue, I noticed that had been taken down as well.  Is anyone else having the same problem, or is it just me?       

The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Re: Untrusted Connection?
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2012, 21:23:46 »
While preparing to place an order with IWM, when I went to the checkout page, I received the following message:

When I attempted to go to the forums to see if there was a known issue, I noticed that had been taken down as well.  Is anyone else having the same problem, or is it just me?       

the forums have been down for a while.  When I checked it on Chrome it looks to me like the SSL Certificate has expired, but that's a Speck question and not one for me.
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

blackimus_primus1

« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2012, 21:24:39 »
nope but i can't log on and says my IP is banned from allowing me to see iron winds website

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2012, 21:51:08 »

This should be fixed her soon. Our ssl certificate expired and we did not get any email notification. So we should be fine soon.

The forums were taken down several months ago and will not return.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2012, 21:56:51 by speck »

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2012, 01:28:45 »
This should be fixed her soon. Our ssl certificate expired and we did not get any email notification. So we should be fine soon.

The forums were taken down several months ago and will not return.

Cool, I was just wondering if it was just my PC or what.  I'll check back and place my order in a few days. 

Thanks!
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2012, 08:20:08 »
The ssl certificate is renewed and operating on the web site now.