Author Topic: The Scorpion Empire : Plus Ultra  (Read 199021 times)

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
Re: The Scorpion Empire : Plus Ultra
« Reply #1470 on: 04 November 2021, 00:48:20 »
I'm only starting to get my feet wet so I'm not sure what the outlook of the clan's leadership is going to be. Just seems like GS is in a weird spot. If Alex K was worth following on the basis that his followers would build or rebuild a star league, AND their ancestors then followed Nicky K, then it would seem Clan Wolf's attempt at proclaiming a reborn star league is legitimate, whether or not the Scorpions viewed the second star league as legitimate or not. If they reject Alaric's version on the ground that the Inner Sphere clans are all abjured, then they themselves are abjured.

Of course, people can and do justify all kinds of self-contradictory beliefs, but it seems like the Goliath Scorpions will have to find a way to justify themselves as being the inheritors of the star league's mantle.

As CJC070 put it here,
I vote number #5 because of the Scorpions fascination for Star League era tech and besides the Ghost Bears the only clan faction actually invested in their territory.

I don't think it's about justification or legal inheritance. The Scorpions simply evolved their realm, by chance or by design, into something that surpassed the other Clans in terms of living up to the best ideals of the Star League. They still have a long way to go if they're aiming for true integration and cohesiveness, so let's wait and see what happens.

They don't need to literally proclaim themselves the Star League-in-Exile, but they sure are trying to practice it.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #1471 on: 04 November 2021, 02:28:58 »
#1 - You all know why ;)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #1472 on: 04 November 2021, 04:42:33 »
Thread Title Vote(Anyone who wants to vote can just replicate this post and add their vote; Each user has unlimited votes):
1) Scorpion Empire: Era of the zarkhan - Elmoth, Dark ISI (2)
2) Scorpion Empire: Coming to a system near you... REAL SOON. - Drewbacca, Jimdigris (2)
3) Scorpion Empire: The Next Expansion - Drewbacca (1)
4) Scorpion Empire: All your Warhawks are belong to us - Reldn, Rebs, ARR, ANS Kamas P81, Baldur Mekorig, snakespinner (6)
5) Scorpion Empire: The Star League-in-Exile Reborn - ARR, Drewbacca, CJC070 (3)
6) Playing Protomechs? Canon Police are en route - GuyIncognito (1)

Numbers in brackets at the end of each line indicates number of votes.

Let us see the will of the Imperial Council. May the wisdom of Kerensky watch over the Empire.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #1473 on: 04 November 2021, 04:44:00 »
As we have reached 50 pages, the title with the most votes is Scorpion Empire: All your Warhawks are belong to us

See you all in the new thread! https://bg.battletech.com/forums/the-periphery/the-scorpion-empire-all-your-warhawks-are-belong-to-us/
« Last Edit: 04 November 2021, 04:46:31 by ArkRoyalRavager »

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #1474 on: 04 November 2021, 07:09:29 »
Locked for page limit.

Register