Author Topic: Randomly transparent sprites (Apparently not random, but Double-Blind feature!)  (Read 736 times)

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Anyone else find that MM occasionally seems to randomly render unit sprites as semi-transparent, or is it just another weird thing that my laptop does?  It wasn't doing it consistently, but sometimes, either before or after movement, my 'mechs were semi-transparent?

v0.46.1, btw.
« Last Edit: 23 February 2020, 16:01:24 by Simon Landmine »
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Alvar

• Recruit
Re: Randomly transparent sprites
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2020, 15:43:16 »
You play with double blind. Units are shown transparently when enemies have no view of the unit.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: Randomly transparent sprites
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2020, 16:00:44 »
You play with double blind. Units are shown transparently when enemies have no view of the unit.

I do indeed play double-blind. And I never knew that (as you could no doubt tell by the stupid question above)! Thanks for the explanation - that all makes sense now (and I'll pay a lot more attention to which units are transparent now!)
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Register