Author Topic: game freeze  (Read 1613 times)

elf25s

• Major
game freeze
« on: 20 February 2020, 20:42:40 »
ok not sure what is happening previous versions of mekhq prior to 0.47 had worked fine, but after 0.47.2 and 0.47.4 freeze on game board  after deployment randomly. i installed and reinstalled java already twice and did not change memory needs in mekhq.l4j.ini. bot and princess just after moving one or two units freeze...or hang
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: game freeze
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2020, 13:19:54 »
We would need to see logs. 
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2020, 18:02:30 »
will do
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

bearnoceros

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2020, 09:48:52 »
I had this happen last night when loading a saved scenario mul in HQ. Had to close MM down and launch the mul again from HQ. Worked then, but don't know why.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2020, 07:46:04 »
Not up to hijack this thread, but ...
I had to get me a new monitor and since then I have trouble with the display in MMHQ, MM, etc.
Can I set the screen resolution in some properties? It's kinda hard to describe the problem; it looks liek I have several overlaying windows of the game screen, not always, but sometimes.
Also in MM, when I right click on a unit and chose "select unit" the dmall unit window with the weapons and locations is nit shown anymire.
Any ideas? 
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2020, 10:28:00 »
Not up to hijack this thread, but ...
I had to get me a new monitor and since then I have trouble with the display in MMHQ, MM, etc.
Can I set the screen resolution in some properties? It's kinda hard to describe the problem; it looks liek I have several overlaying windows of the game screen, not always, but sometimes.
Also in MM, when I right click on a unit and chose "select unit" the dmall unit window with the weapons and locations is nit shown anymire.
Any ideas?
We would need a screen shot. You can try making a copying the clientsettings.xml out of the mmconf folder and starting up new.  If that works you'll need to reset up various options again.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2020, 15:26:00 »
Hello Hammer, let's see if I got you right ;)
A screenshot which display the geaphic glitch and a copy of my clientsettings.xml?
« Last Edit: 25 February 2020, 15:30:03 by Schugger »
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

bearnoceros

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 27 February 2020, 10:39:24 »
In reference to the game hanging, I have tried to track when it happens. Here's my experience:

I am running an AtB campaign in HQ. I launched a scenario from HQ to MM. Because I was curious about the double blind system after reading Simon's post about transparent units, I switched that option on and clicked to go to the battlefield.

First move phase after deployment, princessbot got hung up and wouldn't move. Waited for quite a while, terminated the MM session, launched a new one from HQ. Left the default game settings alone, clicked to the battlefield, had no trouble with that match at all.

I intend to try this a few more times to confirm that messing with the game settings reproduces the bot hang up. Will report back when I have time to run it again.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #8 on: 27 February 2020, 10:41:21 »
Hello Hammer, let's see if I got you right ;)
A screenshot which display the geaphic glitch and a copy of my clientsettings.xml?

I've seen reports of tearing like that when people have upgraded their video cards, especially with Radeon cards. Normally it's a one of the programs installed with drivers.

But that is a shot in the dark.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #9 on: 27 February 2020, 10:44:05 »
In reference to the game hanging, I have tried to track when it happens. Here's my experience:

I am running an AtB campaign in HQ. I launched a scenario from HQ to MM. Because I was curious about the double blind system after reading Simon's post about transparent units, I switched that option on and clicked to go to the battlefield.

First move phase after deployment, princessbot got hung up and wouldn't move. Waited for quite a while, terminated the MM session, launched a new one from HQ. Left the default game settings alone, clicked to the battlefield, had no trouble with that match at all.

I intend to try this a few more times to confirm that messing with the game settings reproduces the bot hang up. Will report back when I have time to run it again.

We would need to see logs. But one thing to keep in mind about Double blind and Princess is she's actually very blind and doesn't know how to recon. So if she doesn't have LOS to any units she just sits there. Once she sees something she'll do her version of a zergling rush.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2020, 09:38:03 »
Thx for taking a look, Hammer :)

I use Nvidia and didn't upgrade hardware nor software.
Is there a recommendation for the screen resolution or somewhere in a client settings a line where I could change the setting so that they fit my screen settings?
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2020, 09:50:06 »
Thx for taking a look, Hammer :)

I use Nvidia and didn't upgrade hardware nor software.
Is there a recommendation for the screen resolution or somewhere in a client settings a line where I could change the setting so that they fit my screen settings?

I use NVIDIA as well and my laptop is 1920 x 1080 and my tower is a 4k monitor. You should just be able to drag and set the window sizes to what feels good.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Register