Author Topic: Miniature of the Fortnight #67: Locust IIC  (Read 1896 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Miniature of the Fortnight #67: Locust IIC
« on: 23 April 2019, 21:35:03 »
Once upon a time, there was a scout 'Mech called the Locust.  Then someone in Clan Mongoose went to one of their techs and said "We can make this better, quiaff?"  And so the Locust IIC was born, gangly, angular, thin, and annoying.

The Locust IIC was among the first IIC 'Mechs introduced to players in Technical Readout: 3055.  Like the other 'Mechs in that book, art credit was given to Victor Musical Industries, Inc.  After the ill-fated lawsuit, the Locust IIC joined the ranks of the Unseen.  At least until Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, where we discovered Clan Jade Falcon was building a new version with what looks like canard wings on the front.  (Initial experiments leading to the Partial Wing?)  And that's the relevant history so far.

If you'd like to learn more about it, please see its 'Mech of the Week article.

Like many other Unseen 'Mechs from TRO: 3055, the Locust IIC only has two sculpts:
  • The original unseen sculpt (20-634)
  • The Reseen sculpt (20-227), depicting the Locust IIC 4 from TRO: Project Phoenix.
If you have painted any of these, please share pictures!  We'd love to see them!  Perhaps we can get enough pictures to qualify as a photographic plague of Locust IICs.

Thank you for reading and a special thank you to those who post.

Our next two fortnights will be:
  • Inner Sphere (5/6): Dervish
  • Clan (5/20): Glass Spider (Galahad)

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
Re: Miniature of the Fortnight #67: Locust IIC
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2019, 04:31:22 »
Only one Reseen Locust IIc with the front spoiler.
As it seems, the first few prototypes of this mech were so fast they produced aerodynamic lift, so scientists had to add wings to create downforce. The ride is now stabilized to the point it gets uncomfortable.  ;D

This one is part of the Epsilon galaxy of clan Cloud Cobra.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2019, 06:36:23 »
Only one old picture of my Smoke Jaguar Unseen Locust IIC

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2019, 02:01:18 »
I do like the updated reseen Locust IIC. Very nice paint jobs on both.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2019, 02:01:21 »
4 here, 3 originals and 1 reseen.  Was not a fan of the proportions of the reseen however.  2 of the original minis have been customized also.