Author Topic: Miniatures of the Fortnight #82: Thresher and Piranha  (Read 1977 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Miniatures of the Fortnight #82: Thresher and Piranha
« on: 19 November 2019, 22:33:23 »
The Invading Clans sourcebook was our first real introduction to Clan Diamond Shark.  It also introduced us to two second-line Clan BattleMechs, the designed-by-committee Thresher and the walking war crime Piranha.  Both of these are odd 'Mechs (and I'm still not sure why the Sharks have the Piranha) but they've earned their place in BattleTech lore.  If you want to use them in-game, the Thresher has a 'Mech of the Week article but the Piranha does not.  (Although a Piranha plays similar to other fast light 'Mechs, although it will also make quicker work of infantry than most light 'Mechs.)

The Piranha and Thresher each have one sculpt:If you have either of these 'Mechs painted, please share pictures.  We'd love to see them!

Thank you for reading and a special thank you to those of you who will post!

I will be working on the schedule for Q1 2020 in the next couple weeks.  If there are any 'Mechs you'd like to see featured in Miniature of the Fortnight, please let me know in the scheduling and discussion thread.

Our next two fortnights will be:
  • Inner Sphere (12/2): BattleMaster
  • Clan (12/16): Invading Clans: Steel Viper Edition (Battle Cobra and Crossbow, with special guest Crossbow)

Luciora

• Major
Re: Miniatures of the Fortnight #82: Thresher and Piranha
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2019, 01:21:08 »
Piranha

Luciora

• Major
Re: Miniatures of the Fortnight #82: Thresher and Piranha
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2019, 01:22:05 »
Thresher.  Nothing fancy this time from me.