Author Topic: Miniature of the Fortnight #101: Vulcan  (Read 2403 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Miniature of the Fortnight #101: Vulcan
« on: 20 August 2020, 13:15:33 »
As we continue our wandering through Technical Readout: 3025, we come to one of the lesser used 40-ton 'Mechs, the Vulcan.  It was originally a mediocre 'Mech but it got better over the years, but that's true of many 'Mechs.  Clan Wolverine turned it into the Stag, but that'll be a different fortnight.  Despite being an old 'Mech, it doesn't have a normal 'Mech of the Week article, but it does have an Alpha Strike 'Mech of the Week article.

The first Vulcan miniature made by Ral Partha was a BattleDroids mini (20-812).  The mini has a small resemblance to the future art of the Vulcan but is probably not intended to represent the same 'Mech.

Ral Partha (and then IWM) then made the original sculpt for the Vulcan BattleMech (20-886).

CGL then released a plastic sculpt, based on the original metal sculpt, in the prior versions of the introductory box.  This was also available in the Recon Lance Pack.

If you have any of these painted, please share pictures.  We'd love to see them!  And, as always, thank you for reading!

Our next two fortnights will be:
  • 8/31: LAM special!
  • 9/14: Wyvern and Wyvern IIC

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
Re: Miniature of the Fortnight #101: Vulcan
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2020, 15:27:54 »
Guess I'll go first.

a Vulcan in Marik Militia purple.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2020, 20:31:15 »
I have two Vulcans.  One from my Illician Lancers Battalion (AS plastic), and one from my third Ceti Hussars company (IWM).
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2020, 20:59:13 »
I have one Vulcan. The body is a dark gray. The head is yellow with a smiley face.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2020, 00:01:11 »
Nice blue on the Ceti Hussars Vulcan!  Why color is that?

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2020, 07:45:03 »
Nice blue on the Ceti Hussars Vulcan!  Why color is that?
Thank you.  I did the company following Ray Arrastia's Painting Guide from the 2013 Intro Set.  Base coat is Vallejo Game Color Imperial Blue, then highlighted with a mix of that and Magic Blue.  My Shadow Hawk avatar pic is from the same group.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2020, 10:13:29 »
I have one in generic WoB livery.One of these days I'll get around to fixing the antenna.

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2020, 12:56:56 »
GDL

Vulcan GDL 008 by agen2, su Flickr

Vulcan GDL 009 by agen2, su Flickr

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 26 August 2020, 18:04:32 »
2 2Ts and 2 5Ts

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2020, 19:58:34 »
I have one in generic WoB livery.One of these days I'll get around to fixing the antenna.

I really like this one, especially the burnt metal effect on the flamer.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I