Author Topic: Thuggee Warrior House Shiva (updated!)  (Read 16335 times)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Re: Thuggee Warrior House Shiva (updated!)
« Reply #30 on: 07 August 2014, 04:57:45 »
On that note, TT, I think it's time I put the finishing touch on the unit... picking out variants. Oy.

Hey, out of curiosity, did you ever end up doing this?

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #31 on: 07 February 2015, 11:41:52 »
* Bump! *

Ditto, still wondering. Also have you noticed she put chinese lucky number 13 as the total number of Droppers?

Wonder what she has in store as transport to jump all these?

( I tend to be annal about listing droppers and finding out I can't carry all of my units to battle. Having enough for some but not all sucks. )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #32 on: 03 August 2015, 22:15:06 »
THREAD NECROMANCY!  [skull]

I can't believe I never considered my JumpShips to haul all of this murder around in.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #33 on: 04 August 2015, 01:40:57 »
Steve and Foxx and I were just talking the other night about how awesome this unit was, so I'm super excited to see it pop back up.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 04 August 2015, 17:16:15 »
Well you could roll with a pair of Star Lords and Scout.

But I think for you I'd suggest:

2x Tramp
2x Invader ( either LL or PPC variant ) You can even give it Extended Range due to the extra heatsinks built in them.
1x Magellan ( WoB leftover )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #35 on: 01 May 2018, 13:06:51 »
More thread necromancy!

I just wanted to ask, as I was reading through FM 3085, is my Warrior House too large? FM 3085 says that Warrior Houses are only two battalions, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why I made four...

EDIT: Disregard. FM 3145 answered my question.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2018, 13:58:20 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #36 on: 02 May 2018, 04:25:19 »
One of my favorite non-canon units; I'm glad to see you're back and taking another swing at it.

- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #37 on: 02 May 2018, 10:19:26 »
One of my favorite non-canon units; I'm glad to see you're back and taking another swing at it.

I appreciate you saying so! I’ve always been better with the fluff and the lore than with the actual game itself, so crafting this unit is a point of pride for me. And I think, just like the canon Thuggee Warrior Houses, it fills a unique niche.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 02 May 2018, 13:33:16 »
I have always wondered if Captain Zippy and his UrbanMech Brigade would not only be a solid support choice for this unit, but a mean streak for those that attempt to cut lose in the " Backyard ".

And welcome back tassa!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #39 on: 03 May 2018, 08:59:02 »
I have always wondered if Captain Zippy and his UrbanMech Brigade would not only be a solid support choice for this unit, but a mean streak for those that attempt to cut lose in the " Backyard ".

Tell me more of this Urbie Brigade...

And welcome back tassa!

Thank you, TT! :)

TT
[/quote]

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 03 May 2018, 15:02:36 »
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1068.0

You can read up on them here... You might even like them!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #41 on: 03 May 2018, 17:18:19 »
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1068.0

You can read up on them here... You might even like them!

TT

<reads through on his lunch break>

Oh, Mara.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don’t think they’d play nicely with Thuggees, but that unit is HILARIOUS.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 04 May 2018, 14:27:56 »
<reads through on his lunch break>

Oh, Mara.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don’t think they’d play nicely with Thuggees, but that unit is HILARIOUS.
r

tassa tassa tassa...

<Shakes head>

Missing the point, Thuggee Captain Zippy's UrbanMech Calvary!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #43 on: 04 February 2019, 13:03:28 »
Well, I was perusing Shattered Fortress, and that Thuggee/Death Commando unit totally could’ve been my Warrior House, right down to the color scheme! I may incorporate that bit into my unit’s fluff. :)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #44 on: 05 February 2019, 03:04:12 »
Well, I was perusing Shattered Fortress, and that Thuggee/Death Commando unit totally could’ve been my Warrior House, right down to the color scheme! I may incorporate that bit into my unit’s fluff. :)

That's funny, I also thought of these guys when I read that bit back when I got the book.

- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #45 on: 05 February 2019, 12:47:24 »
That's funny, I also thought of these guys when I read that bit back when I got the book.

I just wish Shattered Fortress hadn’t killed off Ki-linn Liao. So much untapped story potential for a new Kali and new Thuggees.

Register