Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 99688 times)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #540 on: 25 May 2022, 14:04:33 »
Sounds cool. How many MiniMechs would it take to operate Field Guns?

Sounds like something I'll have to make rules for. I'm going (for the moment) with 1 per 4 tons of weapon weight, rounded normally. The suits MUST be humanoid-type. They cannot jump and are limited to 1 MP/turn while carting a field gun around. Finally, a BA unit with a field gun cannot engage in antiMech attacks or use any suit-mounted weapons in the same turn it fires its field gun.

Yeah, I can see that happening. Looks like a person with bits of BA sticking out here and there. Maybe a glitch or two in the projection.

More like a human skin stretched to the point of nightmares over a battlesuits armor plates, while each unarmored joint is conspicuously apparent as they don't have the same mimicry features as the armored shell. Probably would resemble those low-polygon 3D characters from games like the first Tomb Raider.

Virtual camo system to mimic a human, is that the equivalent of Syberian-cosplay?   ;D. Are we gonna discuss cultural aspects of the Syberians now?   ;D

I can't think of a legitimate reason they'd keep using it once they realized the humans were gone. But they DO get randomized personality quirks, and so some might try it. But as it only works on the battle armored units or non-transforming AutoMechs, that's about the limits of their cosplay ability. Well, I mean, that and customized parts and paint work. They can easily cosplay each other, after all, especially if they have a matching body type to their subject.

It would be less a culture, though, and more of a personality quirk, to them. Their pseudo-cultures are more or less chains of command. (I know you were likely kidding, Luciora, but if we've demonstrated anything from having this discussion, it's that some jokes are fun as hell to explore in depth.)

- Herb

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #541 on: 25 May 2022, 15:31:56 »
I remember those.  :) They had this rubber skeleton thing that the legs and body would close around if you weren't putting it over an action figure. Those are old but I liked them more than those suits seen in the movie.  xp

The one I got didn't have that.  If you didn't have a figure to put in it, then the legs didn't work too well.

In the TV show, they were often autonomous like the B.A.T.S., even though the lore itself stated that they required pilots.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #542 on: 25 May 2022, 15:46:14 »
I know I'm dragging in the series that should not be mentioned, but programming for some, especially the cassette types (Glit, Sundor, Roseanna) did include entertainment, so...it may not be so far fetched, assuming a player would want to go there.

*But probably not  :))*

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #543 on: 25 May 2022, 16:32:29 »
Sounds like something I'll have to make rules for. I'm going (for the moment) with 1 per 4 tons of weapon weight, rounded normally. The suits MUST be humanoid-type. They cannot jump and are limited to 1 MP/turn while carting a field gun around. Finally, a BA unit with a field gun cannot engage in antiMech attacks or use any suit-mounted weapons in the same turn it fires its field gun.

Sounds good. May I suggest they only have 1 Ground MP while using Field Guns? If they abandon the guns they can move normally.

More like a human skin stretched to the point of nightmares over a battlesuits armor plates, while each unarmored joint is conspicuously apparent as they don't have the same mimicry features as the armored shell. Probably would resemble those low-polygon 3D characters from games like the first Tomb Raider.

Yeah. I can see it being all pixely. My first thought reading this was the Alien Roach in the Edgar Suit in MiB.  ;D

I can't think of a legitimate reason they'd keep using it once they realized the humans were gone. But they DO get randomized personality quirks, and so some might try it. But as it only works on the battle armored units or non-transforming AutoMechs, that's about the limits of their cosplay ability. Well, I mean, that and customized parts and paint work. They can easily cosplay each other, after all, especially if they have a matching body type to their subject.

It would be less a culture, though, and more of a personality quirk, to them. Their pseudo-cultures are more or less chains of command. (I know you were likely kidding, Luciora, but if we've demonstrated anything from having this discussion, it's that some jokes are fun as hell to explore in depth.)

- Herb

Didn't they do that in the cartoon/anime? Dress up like each other?

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #544 on: 25 May 2022, 19:45:06 »
I know I'm dragging in the series that should not be mentioned, but programming for some, especially the cassette types (Glit, Sundor, Roseanna) did include entertainment, so...it may not be so far fetched, assuming a player would want to go there.

*But probably not  :))*

No. You have an absolutely valid point there, and it is effectively one of those things I can definitely see happening with the Syberian AutoMechs. With some forms being very questionable in nature, the possibility is certainly there that some of the AutoMech types we see today began their existence as entertainment machines. In Transformers Animated, the Dinobots were the result of the Allspark bringing to life some animatronic dinosaurs that were meant to be part of a theme park. I see that as definitely happening here, at least among some factions. (Glitterboy's approach to the Maximals of Beast Wars has their AutoMechs starting their lives as security for a special eco-zone; I see the Predacon analogs as an attempt to make a monster-themed adventure park. The Junkion faction is just a resource-collection and recycling operation. All of them militarized when the last wars started, but what they were meant for, and how they were meant to behave, likely still exist in the depths of their programming.)

Although the humans died off in the Syberia system, the presence of their machines still manufacturing, harvesting resources, and fighting today suggests that a lot of automated industry remained operational. And we've seen indications that the AutoMechs have a deep desire for their humans to return, despite not being truly sentient; their logic centers are coded around the very notion that there are humans, somewhere, who could outrank and command them. That they all appear to have ended up militarized in some way doesn't actually erase what they were at the start, and it's almost a certainty that other aspects of human culture and entertainment yet survive in the ruins. Machines once coded for entertainment value could absolutely exist, their codes just waiting for an opportunity to surface that has been exceedingly rare since the human extinction.

Sounds good. May I suggest they only have 1 Ground MP while using Field Guns? If they abandon the guns they can move normally.

That goes without saying.

Yeah. I can see it being all pixely. My first thought reading this was the Alien Roach in the Edgar Suit in MiB.  ;D

Yeah, but far less convincing as it amounts to electronic "paint" rather than skin. Imagine it like when someone uses a movie projector and stands in front of it; only the projected image in this case actively follows every move the person makes.

Didn't they do that in the cartoon/anime? Dress up like each other?

There were a couple in which they donned disguises, but, hey, this is a BattleTech-themed reimagination exercise. It's doubtful the AutoMechs will be anywhere near as goofy.

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #545 on: 25 May 2022, 19:55:39 »
Fan funding for the Celerity can't come soon enough.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #546 on: 25 May 2022, 21:53:41 »
Fan funding for the Celerity can't come soon enough.

Why that one?

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #547 on: 25 May 2022, 22:00:06 »
Just my preferred choice for the 4 legged chassis and I feel would be a good base for Ravage for example.

Why that one?

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #548 on: 25 May 2022, 22:41:15 »
No. You have an absolutely valid point there, and it is effectively one of those things I can definitely see happening with the Syberian AutoMechs. With some forms being very questionable in nature, the possibility is certainly there that some of the AutoMech types we see today began their existence as entertainment machines. In Transformers Animated, the Dinobots were the result of the Allspark bringing to life some animatronic dinosaurs that were meant to be part of a theme park. I see that as definitely happening here, at least among some factions. (Glitterboy's approach to the Maximals of Beast Wars has their AutoMechs starting their lives as security for a special eco-zone; I see the Predacon analogs as an attempt to make a monster-themed adventure park. The Junkion faction is just a resource-collection and recycling operation. All of them militarized when the last wars started, but what they were meant for, and how they were meant to behave, likely still exist in the depths of their programming.)

Although the humans died off in the Syberia system, the presence of their machines still manufacturing, harvesting resources, and fighting today suggests that a lot of automated industry remained operational. And we've seen indications that the AutoMechs have a deep desire for their humans to return, despite not being truly sentient; their logic centers are coded around the very notion that there are humans, somewhere, who could outrank and command them. That they all appear to have ended up militarized in some way doesn't actually erase what they were at the start, and it's almost a certainty that other aspects of human culture and entertainment yet survive in the ruins. Machines once coded for entertainment value could absolutely exist, their codes just waiting for an opportunity to surface that has been exceedingly rare since the human extinction.

Yeah, I can see AutoMechs continuing to keep and use noncombat and even nonmilitary programming in case their Humans ever come back.

That goes without saying.

Yeah, but far less convincing as it amounts to electronic "paint" rather than skin. Imagine it like when someone uses a movie projector and stands in front of it; only the projected image in this case actively follows every move the person makes.

I can see that.

There were a couple in which they donned disguises, but, hey, this is a BattleTech-themed reimagination exercise. It's doubtful the AutoMechs will be anywhere near as goofy.

- Herb

Probably not without orders to do so. :)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #549 on: 26 May 2022, 08:30:17 »
Just my preferred choice for the 4 legged chassis and I feel would be a good base for Ravage for example.

Heh. Because he was a cassette, I translated him into a medium battlesuit drone and used the Rottweiler.

Yeah, I can see AutoMechs continuing to keep and use noncombat and even nonmilitary programming in case their Humans ever come back.

Exactly.

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #550 on: 26 May 2022, 18:55:21 »
Nine. Nine new designs to come up with, after I integrated the G1 Headmasters and Targetmasters, and Beast Machines.

And a bunch more characters who fell into extant models.

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #551 on: 26 May 2022, 21:02:20 »
New AutoMech-unique Design Quirk!

•   Peculiar Mobility: This convertible AutoMech has been carefully built and balanced to take advantage of its alternate, vehicle-mode motive system while still in ’Mech mode. This Quirk is available only to Wheeled, Tracked, and Hover-type AutoMechs; it cannot be taken by Aerofighter, Bestial, Emplacement, Naval, VTOL, or WiGE-type AutoMechs. At the start of their Movement phase while in BattleMech mode, units with this Quirk can declare that they are switching to their alternate mobility while remaining in ’Mech mode, and then take their Movement action using their alternate mode’s MP values in place of their current Walking/Running MPs. While using this alternate movement in ’Mech mode, the unit must adhere to the terrain and planetary condition restrictions of its alternate mode, and will suffer a +2 target number penalty on all of its Piloting Skill rolls to avoid falling. A unit with this Quirk may not use this ability if it has suffered any critical hits to its legs, or has lost one or more legs in their entirety. If a unit with Peculiar Mobility suffers a critical hit to its legs when using their alternate movement in ’Mech mode, it immediately loses the ability and falls where it stands. Units with Peculiar Mobility can only switch between movement modes at the start of their Movement Phase, not during, after, or in any other combat Phase. This ability can only be used while in ’Mech mode; it is unavailable in vehicle mode.

We can thank Beast Machines for this one!

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #552 on: 27 May 2022, 00:43:19 »
Nine. Nine new designs to come up with, after I integrated the G1 Headmasters and Targetmasters, and Beast Machines.

And a bunch more characters who fell into extant models.

- Herb

Sounds cool! :)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #553 on: 28 May 2022, 10:25:48 »
I don't remember seeing the stats for Arcee and other like.
Can you assist. Its the only one from that set that I don't have a record sheet for.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #554 on: 28 May 2022, 11:00:25 »
I don't remember seeing the stats for Arcee and other like.
Can you assist. Its the only one from that set that I don't have a record sheet for.

Arcee and the other...what?

In this set, I gave Arcee (Arc Sneaker) a narrow vehicle form.

Sneaker (Wheeled AutoMech)

Summary

The Sneaker class isn’t the lightest of the ground scouts we’ve seen on Syberia, but it may be a good contender for the toughest. Bigger than a Bug, smaller than a Beetle, but slower than both, this AutoMech body type is built with a lithe and compact frame that often results in a rather feminine silhouette when in BattleMech mode. This look is deceptive, however, as its armor is remarkably thick, and the Sneaker can still pack up to six tons of armament to boot—more than most light AutoMechs.

Sneakers mainly seem to serve in a harrying role, with weapon loadouts optimized for close range engagements, target spotting, and communications. Taken together, these AutoMechs make for prime guerilla fighters within the confines of any city or densely packed industrial site. (And there are certainly plenty of those on Syberia, even if you discount the larger ruins.) If partnered with other light ground units using effective ECM, these AutoMechs can make holding any territory difficult to impossible, even if the bulk of their allies have been forced to flee the area. With so many Sneakers specialized in infiltration tactics, these lightweights and their hit-and-fade capabilities can raise holy hell in just about any built-up environment.

Code: [Select]
Type: Sneaker
Technology Base: Syberian (Experimental)
Tonnage: 30

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: 3
Conversion Eqpt: Wheeled 4.5
Engine: 150 5.5
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8
Jumping MP: 0
Wheeled Cruise MP: 6
Wheeled Flank MP: 9
Heat Sinks (Double): 10 [20] 0
Gyro: 2
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 96 6
Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 8
Center Torso 10 13
Center Torso (rear) 7
R/L Torso 7 9
R/L Torso (rear) 5
R/L Arms 5 10
R/L Legs 7 10

Fixed Components Location Critical Tonnage
Conversion Gear RL/LL 2 0
Wheels RA/RL/LA/LL 4 0
4 Double Heat Sinks 2RT/2LT 12 0

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Striker Configuration A
Small Vibroblade RA 3 3
2 ER Small Lasers CT 2 1
2 ER Medium Lasers LA 2 2

Striker Configuration B
Streak SRM 2 RA 1 1.5
Ammo (Streak SRM 2) 50 RA 1 1
Beagle Active Probe CT 2 1.5
2 ER Medium Lasers LA 2 2

Communicator Configuration
Medium Pulse Laser RA 1 2
Small Laser RT 1 0.5
Communications Equipment RT 3 3
Small Laser LT 1 0.5

Notes: No turret in Vehicle Mode; Features the following Design Quirks: Illegal (Syberian Robotics AI, BattleMech/Wheeled Vehicle Conversion), Compact ’Mech, Improved Communications, Improved Sensors, Low Profile (Vehicle mode only), Modular Weapons, Jettison-Capable Weapons (Hands).

Notable Sneakers:
Sneaker Type Config. Function Skill Grade Skill Set ’Mech/Vehicle Form
Groove-Sneaker Communicator ReconMech AbvAvg (3/2) Scout Hermes*/Centipede*
After-Sneaker Striker (B) ArtilleryMech Vet (3/2) Infantry Hermes*/Centipede*
Green-Sneaker Striker (A) SpecMech Vet (1/0) Scout, Spec Ops Hermes*/Centipede*
Lance-Sneaker Striker (B) SpecMech Vet (2/1) Spec Ops Hermes*/Centipede*
Arc Sneaker Striker (A) NinjaMech Vet (3/0) Infantry-AntiMech Hermes*/Centipede*

*Add 4 wheels (and a left hand, in Mech mode)

Currently on my specs table: A superheavy EmplacementMech that takes the form of three connected gun batteries.

- Herb

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #555 on: 28 May 2022, 11:51:26 »
Thanks Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #556 on: 28 May 2022, 12:15:14 »
Nerproblem!

And now for something completely frightening...

Fortress (Emplacement AutoMech)

Summary
The super-massive EmplacementMech we have identified as the Fortress class is the biggest AutoMech we have seen on Syberia. That this 200-ton monstrosity can transform and walk at all nearly defies explanation…

Type: Fortress
Tonnage: 200

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: Superheavy 40
Conversion Eqpt: Emplacement 20
Engine: 200 8.5
Walking MP: 1
Running MP: 2
Emplacement MP: None
Gyro: Superheavy 4
Cockpit: Superheavy 4
Armor Factor: 600 37.5
Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 4 12
Center Torso 60 60
Center Torso (rear) 60
R/L Torso 42 50
R/L Torso (rear) 34
R/L Arms 33 66
R/L Legs 42 84

Conversion Equipment RA/RL/LA/LL 4 0
2 Double Heat Sinks RT/LT 4 0

Common Configuration
ER PPC RA 2 7
2 Double Heat Sinks RA 4 2
Gauss Rifle RT 4 15
Ammo (Gauss Rifle) 32 RT 2 4
Double Heat Sink RT 4 2
Gauss Rifle CT (R) 4 15
Double Heat Sink CT 2 1
2 ER Medium Lasers RL 1 2
Gauss Rifle LT 4 15
Ammo (Gauss Rifle) 32 LT 2 4
2 Double Heat Sinks LT 4 2
2 ER Medium Lasers LL 1 2
2 ER PPCs LA 4 14
Double Heat Sink LA 2 1

Notes: Features the following Design Quirks: Illegal (Syberian Robotics AI, Biped/Emplacement ’Mech Conversion), Command BattleMech, Difficult to Maintain, Distracting (Massive!), Improved Communications, Improved Sensors, Improved Targeting (All), Multi-Trac, Non-Standard Parts, Oversized, Poor Performance, Protected Actuators, Rugged (2), Searchlight

Notable Fortresses:
Fortress Type Config. Function Skill Grade Skill Set ’Mech/Vehicle Form
Maxim Fortifica Common CommandMech Elt (4/0) Engineer, Officer Jupiter/Buildings (3)*

*Central hex = 2 levels tall (plus Schrek PPC Turret); forward-side hexes = 1 level tall (plus Nuberu Turret), each.

And the special rules it comes with!

Emplacement AutoMechs: The Firing Arcs Table for Emplacement AutoMechs in their Emplacement mode refers to the hexside relative to the AutoMech’s normal facing, with Front being the hexside directly ahead of the Emplacement AutoMech, and Rear being the hexside directly behind the Emplacement AutoMech. When an Emplacement AutoMech suffers damage in its Emplacement mode, resolve the direction of fire as if the Emplacement AutoMech were a vehicle (evenly distributing the arcs, and allowing the defender’s choice if the attack comes down right on the line between two arcs).

In addition, Emplacement AutoMechs are unique in that their Emplacement Mode actually serves to obstruct line of sight through the hex that they occupy, as if the Emplacement AutoMech were an actual building. Regardless of the Emplacement AutoMech’s size, this Emplacement mode obstruction is treated as a 2-level high structure for line of sight purposes, but cannot be entered or passed through as a building by any unit except for friendly infantry.

Superheavy Emplacement AutoMechs: By dint of their sheer size, Emplacement AutoMechs over 100 tons in size add two adjacent hexes to their footprint while in Emplacement Mode—one to each forward-side facing, relative to the ’Mech’s front side. These hexes are also considered to be structures for line of sight purposes, but stand only 1 level tall. Each represents one of the Emplacement AutoMech’s legs, and may be attacked separately, but only if the attacker can trace a line of sight to them without passing through the central hex. (The central hex otherwise blocks line of sight to the leg hex in question.) Attacks against these “leg hexes” will damage only that leg of the Emplacement AutoMech, so no Hit Location is rolled for any successful attacks delivered to these hexes.

The firing arc for any weapon mounted in the Superheavy EmplacementMech’s leg is treated as a BattleMech’s forward arc, centered on the appropriate leg hex, and facing out from the central hex’s appropriate forward-side. (In other words, the left leg occupies the forward-left adjacent hex, and its weapons face to the AutoMech’s forward-left direction, while the right leg occupies the forward-right adjacent arc and faces to the AutoMech’s forward-right direction.) Needless to say, an Emplacement AutoMech’s leg-mounted weapons may not—and, in fact, cannot—fire through any other hex of its own unit. Likewise, attacks from the Emplacement AutoMech’s central hex may not target the unit’s own leg hexes. The Emplacement AutoMech’s leg hexes do not block line of sight from its central hex in any way.

Rather than make this guy a city/mobile structure unit, I opted for a much smaller SuperheavyMech because most depictions of Fort Max in robot form put him only about half again the size of most "regular" Transformers.  So, instead, we get this maxed-out monstrosity with 86 tons of firepower. I don't know if I want to do the Scorponok version, if only because we already have his Beast Wars version done.

- Herb

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #557 on: 28 May 2022, 19:33:26 »
Won't be possible to just have it as variant of Scorponok, Fort Max needs someone else to "play with".

You also have Omega Supreme, (Guardian Class if you remember the episode where "brother" version of it was seen, resurrected briefly without its head.)
Metroplex would also be one as well, but different role, like out post or something. 

I'd thought it would make sense for Fort Max have artillery guns since it's so big.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #558 on: 28 May 2022, 19:56:33 »
Won't be possible to just have it as variant of Scorponok, Fort Max needs someone else to "play with".

You know, I *am* considering that. I think big Scorpy would even have the same weapon configuration in the end as well.

You also have Omega Supreme, (Guardian Class if you remember the episode where "brother" version of it was seen, resurrected briefly without its head.)
Metroplex would also be one as well, but different role, like out post or something. 

I currently have Omega and his Guardian brothers as DropShips, but I'm starting to think, now that I've done this, that a Superheavy version would work after all...

I'd thought it would make sense for Fort Max have artillery guns since it's so big.

Nearly did, but tonnage and crit space issues made me reconsider. As a conversion-capable unit, and even with the half-crit sizes effect of equipment on superheavies, there are some gear that have a tough time fitting.

- Herb

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #559 on: 28 May 2022, 21:46:44 »
Revised Fortress specs:

Type: Fortress
Tonnage: 200

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: Superheavy 40
Conversion Eqpt: Emplacement 20
Engine: 200 8.5
Walking MP: 1
Running MP: 2
Emplacement MP: None
Gyro: Superheavy 4
Cockpit: AutoMech 3
Armor Factor: 600 37.5
Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 4 12
Center Torso 60 60
Center Torso (rear) 60
R/L Torso 42 50
R/L Torso (rear) 34
R/L Arms 33 66
R/L Legs 42 84

Conversion Equipment RA/RL/LA/LL 4 0
2 Double Heat Sinks RT/LT 4 0

Base Configuration
ER PPC RA 2 7
2 Double Heat Sinks RA 4 2
Gauss Rifle RT 4 15
Ammo (Gauss Rifle) 32 RT 2 4
Double Heat Sink RT 4 2
Gauss Rifle CT (R) 4 15
Ammo (Gauss Rifle) 8 CT 1 1
Double Heat Sink CT 2 1
Gauss Rifle LT 4 15
Ammo (Gauss Rifle) 32 LT 2 4
2 ER PPCs LA 4 14
Double Heat Sink LA 2 1

Assault Configuration
2 ER PPC RA 4 14
Double Heat Sink RA 2 1
Long Tom Artillery Cannon RT 8 20
Ammo (LTAC) 20 RT 2 4
3 Double Heat Sinks CT 6 3
2 Medium Pulse Lasers RL 1 4
Long Tom Artillery Cannon LT 8 20
Ammo (LTAC) 20 LT 2 4
2 Medium Pulse Lasers LL 1 4
2 ER PPCs LA 4 14
Double Heat Sink LA 2 1

Guardian Configuration
4 Snub-Nose PPCs RA 4 24
Double Heat Sinks RA 2 1
LRM 15 RT 2 7
Ammo (LRM-15) 32 RT 2 4
CASE RT 1 0.5
Double Heat Sink RT 2 1
2 ER Large Lasers CT 2 10
2 Double Heat Sinks CT 4 2
LRM-15 LT 2 7
Ammo (Arrow IV) 20 LT 2 4
CASE LT 1 0.5
Arrow IV Missile Launcher LA 8 15
ER Large Laser HD (R) 1 5

Notes: Features the following Design Quirks: Illegal (Syberian Robotics AI, Biped/Emplacement ’Mech Conversion), Command BattleMech, Difficult to Maintain, Distracting (Massive!), Improved Communications, Improved Sensors, Improved Targeting (All), Multi-Trac, Non-Standard Parts, Oversized, Poor Performance, Protected Actuators, Rugged (2), Searchlight
Credit: Wrangler, for configuration concepts

Notable Fortresses:
Fortress Type Config. Function Skill Grade Skill Set ’Mech/Vehicle Form
Maxim Fortifica Base CommandMech Elt (4/0) Engineer, Officer Jupiter/Buildings (3)*
Sentinel Omega Guardian ArtilleryMech Elt (2/1) Infantry Mackie/Buildings (3)*

Juggernaut Scorpia Assault CommandMech Elt (1/0) Infantry, Officer Jupiter/Buildings (3)*

*Central hex = 2 levels tall (plus Schrek PPC Turret); forward-side hexes = 1 level tall (plus Nuberu Turret), each.

Fortress configs now include Omega Sentinels and big Scorponok. Note that the Guardian configuration (Omega Supreme, et al) uses a Mackie 'Mech form, but would need to mod the arms a bit. As his claw hand is also supposed to be the base of a rocket, I opted to put some hellish firepower in it to mimic the rocket exhaust. I thought it was funny, anyway.

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #560 on: 28 May 2022, 23:28:17 »
In this set, I gave Arcee (Arc Sneaker) a narrow vehicle form.

Sneaker (Wheeled AutoMech)
And now for something completely frightening...

Fortress (Emplacement AutoMech)

Revised Fortress specs:

Look great.  :thumbsup:

Just curious. Why not a Thumper Artillery variant? It's lighter than the Long Tom Artillery Cannon and takes as many slots.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #561 on: 29 May 2022, 05:41:40 »
+1 for the LTACs!  :thumbsup:

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #562 on: 29 May 2022, 08:26:46 »
Just curious. Why not a Thumper Artillery variant? It's lighter than the Long Tom Artillery Cannon and takes as many slots.

You'd be amazed how much tonnage you can waste on a Superheavy; you can run out of crit space long before you run out of payload weight.

- Herb

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #563 on: 29 May 2022, 11:05:23 »
You'd be amazed how much tonnage you can waste on a Superheavy; you can run out of crit space long before you run out of payload weight.

- Herb

Love those super heavies. Want to see ALL of the AutoMechs. Then again I need a miniature "Battletech" sized mini at the same time.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #564 on: 29 May 2022, 11:36:57 »
Love those super heavies. Want to see ALL of the AutoMechs. Then again I need a miniature "Battletech" sized mini at the same time.

I have statted about 200 AutoMechs across about 85 chassis types now, covering all the named characters in the original G1 cartoon, and the US versions of Beast Wars/Beast Machines, plus a few extras. The document is over 105 pages and includes some updated AutoMech construction rules from Welcome to the Nebula California. I started to make a slicker TRO: Syberia, but it's a ways from done and I'm not sure I have the energy for the art.

This is what happens when I really dig into my fun projects... Last time I went this deep, I created a full BattleTech Adventure e-book about the Tetatae.

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #565 on: 29 May 2022, 12:02:22 »
At this point I think my Syberians outnumber my Azur Lane fleet.  Although the Dougram and Macross collection still is my most favorite.  ;D.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #566 on: 29 May 2022, 12:18:24 »
At this point I think my Syberians outnumber my Azur Lane fleet.  Although the Dougram and Macross collection still is my most favorite.  ;D.

They say while having a King Star Seeker avatar. ;)

- Herb

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #567 on: 31 May 2022, 09:01:19 »
He hasn't posted them here, but Luciora has made a lot miniatures for this Syberian TRO and put them on Sarna.net discord & i think another one as well.   Good stuff, Herb!  Thank you for taking the time for doing this for us.

I kept thinking mobile structures could be like external fitting for the Superheavy/Fortification.  Since they can move and not worry about transforming, while the center controling machine could be the superheavy automech.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #568 on: 31 May 2022, 09:23:25 »
He hasn't posted them here, but Luciora has made a lot miniatures for this Syberian TRO and put them on Sarna.net discord & i think another one as well.   Good stuff, Herb!  Thank you for taking the time for doing this for us.

I kept thinking mobile structures could be like external fitting for the Superheavy/Fortification.  Since they can move and not worry about transforming, while the center controling machine could be the superheavy automech.

Oh, in my list, Metroplex and Trypticon are translated into mobile structures, because they are supposed to be full-scale cities. I have no real plan to stat them, of course, but they did make the list. I just chose to give Fort Max the Superheavy treatment because most of the time, his robot mode is not much bigger than the likes of Prime and Jetfire. And then there are the DropShip-translated personas, which includes Omega Supreme's rocket mode, and the shuttle modes for Astrotrain and Sky Lynx. I even have a Luftenburg acting as Broadside's aircraft carrier mode.

(And I've been loving Luciora's customizations. He also did the Royal Fantasy Tournament 'Mechs, which were another set of my creation.)

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #569 on: 31 May 2022, 09:26:52 »
Oh, and here's some more fun stuff. (Attached.)

[Edit: Map modified with a scale notation.]

- Herb
« Last Edit: 31 May 2022, 11:31:09 by HABeas2 »