Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 99666 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #870 on: 11 September 2022, 21:51:44 »
Herb, your art is very on par with Shrapnel's retro art. Its very good!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #871 on: 12 September 2022, 16:49:58 »
8 to go...

Also, the number of named AutoMechs has gone up to 334 (although, to be fair, some of them are "generics").

- Herb
« Last Edit: 12 September 2022, 19:21:37 by HABeas2 »

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #872 on: 14 September 2022, 22:53:04 »
All AutoMech 'Mech units, ultralight drones, and MiniMechs are now fluffed and statted!

Presenting Part 3 of the TRO section of TRO: Syberia (pre-miniature art, of course). Units S through W.

I'll need a little bit to figure out how I plan to tackle the non-'Mech AutoMechs I've got statted. Working them into the formats I have promises to be a bit wonky.

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #873 on: 16 September 2022, 18:33:04 »
Whoo hoo! So looking forward to reading this.  :thumbsup: :beer:

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #874 on: 16 September 2022, 19:48:58 »
Whoo hoo! So looking forward to reading this.  :thumbsup: :beer:

Oh, so someone DID notice!

-Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #875 on: 16 September 2022, 19:57:51 »
You're a more than fine writer, and a TOTALLY fine artist... please keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #876 on: 16 September 2022, 19:58:04 »
I'm been reading it. Sorry I hadn't said anything yet. It's really has some really has interesting ideas in these books!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #877 on: 17 September 2022, 04:37:53 »
Oh, so someone DID notice!

-Herb

I noticed. :) I'm a bit slow at reading right now but I have read is great!  :thumbsup:

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #878 on: 17 September 2022, 11:49:42 »
may i suggest a chart at the back listing all the unit types (including variants) and which factions use what? sort of Syberian MUL?

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #879 on: 17 September 2022, 16:22:15 »
I'm been reading it. Sorry I hadn't said anything yet. It's really has some really has interesting ideas in these books!

I just get so lonely without acknowledgement.  :-[

may i suggest a chart at the back listing all the unit types (including variants) and which factions use what? sort of Syberian MUL?

In a way, that's what the "Notable Specs" are for at the bottom of each entry's stat blocks. In addition to identifying "named units," their configurations, skills, and fields of expertise, they are color coded by faction. But a dedicated list of who makes what? I'm gonna avoid that, I think. The IE guys making this report are just guessing, after all. And after a few hundred years of continuous fighting, repairs, rebuilds, and reprogrammings, things get muddy.

Plus, whoo! This project is WAY larger than I ever meant it to be! I think it'll clock in at about 300 pages, when I get it done--and that's without a ToC, an Index, or Record Sheets! (I think I overdid it!)

- Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #880 on: 17 September 2022, 16:26:33 »
Regular acknowlegement can be arranged, good sir...   ^-^

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #881 on: 17 September 2022, 21:37:16 »

In a way, that's what the "Notable Specs" are for at the bottom of each entry's stat blocks. In addition to identifying "named units," their configurations, skills, and fields of expertise, they are color coded by faction. But a dedicated list of who makes what? I'm gonna avoid that, I think. The IE guys making this report are just guessing, after all. And after a few hundred years of continuous fighting, repairs, rebuilds, and reprogrammings, things get muddy.

Plus, whoo! This project is WAY larger than I ever meant it to be! I think it'll clock in at about 300 pages, when I get it done--and that's without a ToC, an Index, or Record Sheets! (I think I overdid it!)

- Herb
No worries it will be treasured.  People will be playing stuff in the future. Its too interesting and cool not to!   

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #882 on: 18 September 2022, 01:36:27 »
btw, on the battletech international facebook group, a guy posted pics of his repaints and reposes of some dolalr tree Trandfomer figures that are mech sized. so if you have a dollar tree around and need some seekers, megatron, soundwave, and optimus, they might be useful.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10225590274597576&set=pcb.10225590279797706

pics attached (the seekers were repainted and reposed starscreams. apparently none of the figures have poseability, so he had to do some saw work)

My wife picking me up some of these, and me thinking of using them on the tabletop, was literally one of the inspirations that led to Exile in Syberia.  They're great.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #883 on: 18 September 2022, 01:48:06 »
Aaaaand...

BAM! Unit models from A (AeroMech) through F (Flybee Ultralight). That's about 30 chassis types, covering 83 named convertible Syberian AutoMechs. (Excluding large naval vessels, mobile structures, and spacecraft, of course.)

If I continue in this vein, the next batch will likely be G through P (28 chassis types) or G through R (32 chassis types), followed by R (or S) through W (for 29-33 chassis types). (There are currently no chassis types beginning with Q, X, Y, or Z.) After which I may toss in a few more entries for the 6 or so non-mobile structure units that I have, in fact, already statted.

- Herb

Well this was a fantastic thing to come back to!  :thumbsup:
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #884 on: 18 September 2022, 12:07:55 »
Aaaaaand now for the non-'Mech AutoMechs that I've statted.

I have not statted the mobile structures. And I don't really plan to. Because they scare me. So this is the last of the units for my Syberia TRO.

Revisions will eventually come, after I finish and post the last chapter: the rules!

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #885 on: 18 September 2022, 16:14:42 »

You are to be commended. These are great!  :thumbsup: :beer:

Aaaaaand now for the non-'Mech AutoMechs that I've statted.

I have not statted the mobile structures. And I don't really plan to. Because they scare me. So this is the last of the units for my Syberia TRO.

Revisions will eventually come, after I finish and post the last chapter: the rules!

- Herb

Whoo hoo!

If anyone is interested, I saw a pack of 18? Transformers in "Robot" mode that were about the same size as the Dollar Store Transformers. Which means they should work on a mapsheet. There was a selection from each season. I think it was around $20 at Wallmart.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #886 on: 18 September 2022, 19:05:58 »
Wow 4 books now..great job everyone.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #887 on: 18 September 2022, 21:21:31 »
Wholly crap-olly.  The AutoCarrier is a bloody titan with no transformer!  That sucker's armor is crazy strong, amazing job, Herb! 

If I dare suggest something however. I'm actually surprised there no vehicle bays to launch hovercraft and sea-based automechs.  Unless this will appear in the record sheet your creating for it.  I know support naval vehicles are super complicated, including flight deck, armored chassis related features.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #888 on: 19 September 2022, 00:48:04 »
Wholly crap-olly.  The AutoCarrier is a bloody titan with no transformer!  That sucker's armor is crazy strong, amazing job, Herb! 

If I dare suggest something however. I'm actually surprised there no vehicle bays to launch hovercraft and sea-based automechs.  Unless this will appear in the record sheet your creating for it.  I know support naval vehicles are super complicated, including flight deck, armored chassis related features.

Record Sheets!?

No, no. I can't do Record Sheets. Can't even figure out how to do them, and there would be hundreds of them in this project as it is!

The hovertanks would be convertible AutoMechs who transform on the decks and glide right off it. :) We'd have to handwave how they get back on without the ship docking first... AutoCarrier is mainly about the planes, anyway.

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #889 on: 19 September 2022, 02:08:12 »
Part 1 of the TRO section, Redux!

Now featuring the miniature arts of Luciora and Jason Coffey!

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #890 on: 19 September 2022, 02:25:55 »
Man, I need to diversify a bit more.  Good to see someone else's mini work too!

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #891 on: 19 September 2022, 02:43:36 »

Maybe. Here's part 2! The Leader class gave me more trouble than I anticipated. So much squeezing.

Of course, the switch to pictures has increased the file-size by about a third so far. More pics may put it past the 900KB limit even with me making these files as small as possible. I'd just have to re-sort them if I go over, I guess...

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #892 on: 19 September 2022, 02:56:10 »

Heheh. You also gave me four Streaker models to pick from!

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #893 on: 19 September 2022, 03:43:01 »
And lo, it has happened...

Part 3 is too big for posting here right now. I must cogitate....

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #894 on: 19 September 2022, 03:49:40 »
Cogitation complete.

Part 3 now covers units S through T! Woo!

- Herb

[EDIT: Updated File with colorized Seekers art. I hope.]
« Last Edit: 19 September 2022, 21:14:05 by HABeas2 »

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #895 on: 19 September 2022, 03:55:56 »
And Part 4!

- Herb

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #896 on: 19 September 2022, 04:36:16 »
And downloaded!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #897 on: 19 September 2022, 07:12:10 »
Loving it so far.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #898 on: 19 September 2022, 10:24:27 »
Herb, if I wanted to share these files on FB or Discord, would that be ok?

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #899 on: 19 September 2022, 14:05:01 »
So, I colorized something...

Herb, if I wanted to share these files on FB or Discord, would that be ok?

As long as you make it clear this was a for-fun project, not commissioned by anyone who owns the proper rights to BattleTech and/or Transformers.... I think so.

- Herb

Register