Author Topic: MegaMek editing  (Read 1377 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
MegaMek editing
« on: 12 November 2018, 21:50:12 »
Is there a guide on how to change weapon stats in MegaMek? I like the option for boosting AC 2 and 5 damage, but I would like to increase the damage for autocannons across the board for fights against the bot.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Re: MegaMek editing
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2018, 23:50:03 »
The weapon characteristics are baked into the code, so there's no way to easily edit them.

Additionally, even if you were to edit weapon stats, your changes would apply equally to all units equipped with those weapons.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2018, 23:52:40 »
The weapon characteristics are baked into the code, so there's no way to easily edit them.

Additionally, even if you were to edit weapon stats, your changes would apply equally to all units equipped with those weapons.

That is my goal... I want the stats changed to affect all units.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2018, 09:46:28 »
Well, better fire up your git client and download a copy of the source code, because all the weapons data is in there. You're looking for the megamek.common.weapons namespace.

Register