Author Topic: Dragoon life modules  (Read 1680 times)

solmanian

• Captain
Dragoon life modules
« on: 12 February 2015, 00:07:56 »
Are the progeny of Wolf's dragoon eugenics program count as trueborn?

It's mentioned that they use a training regime similar to sibkos. for stage 2, what is appropriate merc brat, military school, freeborn sibko? I don't think the dragoons training could rate as trueborn sibko.
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

Archangel

• Major
Re: Dragoon life modules
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2015, 19:56:51 »
Depends upon how strict your definition is.  A trueborn is the product of the Clan's artificial breeding program.  The Dragoons basically use the same breeding program that the Clans use and just like every Clan they have their own modifications to their breeding program but they are no longer Clan.  It depends upon how hung up one gets on the "Clan" part.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2015, 20:20:16 »
Depends upon how strict your definition is.  A trueborn is the product of the Clan's artificial breeding program.  The Dragoons basically use the same breeding program that the Clans use and just like every Clan they have their own modifications to their breeding program but they are no longer Clan.  It depends upon how hung up one gets on the "Clan" part.
Well they can still keep their phenotypes, but I think the Dragoons would be less elitist in their treatment of their "trueborn" compared to their war-orphan-child-soldiers. I believe many (most?) of their top commanders have been the former rather than the latter. And since they failed to produce a worthy "Wolf" since the Jihad, it puts the effectiveness of their eugenics program at question...
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

Auberan

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2015, 20:42:39 »
I'd go with Freeborn Sibko, as no doubt any iron womb born children are mixed with freeborn offspring or adopted orphans. Freeborn Sibko still gives them an edge in training over the other options, and there really isn't much of a difference between in and Trueborn anyway.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2015, 22:30:08 »
Well they can still keep their phenotypes, but I think the Dragoons would be less elitist in their treatment of their "trueborn" compared to their war-orphan-child-soldiers.

The Dragoons definitely pay more heed to a warrior's performance than they do their origins.

I believe many (most?) of their top commanders have been the former rather than the latter.

Not enough information to say one way or the other.  Kelly Yukinov and J. Elliot Jamison have led their respective commands for decades.  Elizabeth Nichole was the biological daughter of a previous regimental commander of Epsilon Regiment.  To make things more confusing some orphans may have adopted the last names of living or deceased Dragoons.

And since they failed to produce a worthy "Wolf" since the Jihad, it puts the effectiveness of their eugenics program at question...

Considering what the Blakists did to their eugenics program on Outreach and the Dragoons as a whole, it is amazing that they were even able to a new one going (likely with a lot of assistance from the Exiled Wolves).

Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 13 February 2015, 01:28:44 »
Do we even know that they still have a eugenics program (especially after abandoning Arc Royal)?

But anyways, what about the Merc brat module? I could see the Dragoons playing it more fast and loose with training, rather than "You will all become Mechwarriors, or die trying". I have to imagine their sibko mortality rates would be lower, and that they'd be more open regarding switching specialization if one simply doesn't fit the role he's being trained for. Maybe the kids even have an option of voicing their preferences, though I reckon most would simply say MechWarrior, because everyone wants to be the Black Widow.

That raises the question, was Kerensky part of their eugenics program? It would be a significant oversight if it didn't, but I could see that as being provocative to the clans, especially the Wolf ones.

Register