Author Topic: Feeding your baby to the wolves  (Read 738 times)

John_Hawk

• Sergeant
Feeding your baby to the wolves
« on: 12 May 2020, 15:55:49 »
Man, talk about bitter sweet.  I've spent the last little bit of quarantine putting together a FedCom force, putting time and thought into it, giving them training missions (to relearn megamek, mostly).  They started in 3048, I moved them to Planting, did a run against bandits, and then fast forwarded until I could toss them to the Wolves, literally.

This was always the plan, but man; going from an over strength combined arms battalion to less than half of that number in what amounts to 250 seconds of combat time?  That's just brutal.  Supernova Binaries are hard on 3050 era inner sphere 'mechs, yo!

As it should be.  And Megamek played the battle without a hitch.  Thanks to all of you who have put your time and effort into the program to get it where it is today!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Feeding your baby to the wolves
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2020, 16:12:32 »
The Clans are nasty. Princess can be a nut job psycho killer. If the mission was generated as part of an AtB I will almost guarantee that the BV wasn't balanced.  Check your battles against the Clans they should never have more BV than the player (unless your massively dezgra).

Also delete units in the lobby/lounge to balance fights to be fair.

Lastly..your welcome...glad you're enjoying the programs.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

John_Hawk

• Sergeant
Re: Feeding your baby to the wolves
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2020, 16:15:16 »
I was using Princess, but I wasn't worried about BV -- from a narrative perspective, I kind of wanted to kick my unit in the teeth.  Everything went according to plan.  :)

I haven't sorted out AtB just yet, though that's next on my list.

Register